Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 06:42 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if ya'll are wanting to keep digging your grave deeper or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2019, 06:49 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
The deeper they dig, the more they uncover Biden's dirty laundry. I hope they dig until they can't dig anymore, then dig some more. They will probably find a few of Hillary's casualties too. Either way, the more time democrats are distracted with nonsense, the less time and energy they have for making all of America look like poop stained San Franchithole, and the greater America becomes.

Old 12-01-2019, 06:49 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
I say keep him talking. Great advertisement for our side.

Old 12-01-2019, 06:52 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
they will keep digging till they get what they want, as one investergation ends, another will be started till they get what they need, they will make up evidence just to get the end results, Schitt proved that law doesnt matter.

Old 12-01-2019, 06:54 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
they will keep digging till they get what they want, as one investergation ends, another will be started till they get what they need, they will make up evidence just to get the end results, Schitt proved that law doesnt matter.
The positive is that most American people can see what he's doing - and that includes the 40% or so of independents who could go either way. That, combined with the horrible candidates on the Dem side, spells W.I.N. for Trump.

(The only people who are buying Schiff's witchhunt are the diehard liberals who weren't going to vote for Trump anyway.)

Old 12-01-2019, 07:27 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I say keep him talking. Great advertisement for our side.
True but I wonder if they realize that? Someone obviously told little Adam the Bull-Schiffer to sit down and shut up.

Old 12-01-2019, 01:45 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
True but I wonder if they realize that? Someone obviously told little Adam the Bull-Schiffer to sit down and shut up.
Wrong, TT. Shiff's investigation is over now. He concluded it and is now preparing a findings report.

The House Investigations Committee is a standing committee; that means it is not temporary. It doesn't mean, however, that the committee is always in daily session.

The same committee meets whenever there is an investigation that needs to be pursued, but there are times when the committee's personnel are doing preparatory work, and the work isn't ready yet for the committee to discuss.

As Chairman, Schiff can always call the committee into session. Others may request him to do it, but the agenda is up to Schiff to decide. And he manages the sessions' activities.

This is exactly the same way things were done when Nunes was the Chairman. Nunes handled his job as chairman in almost exactly the same way Schiff has; the rules make it that way.

This is no slapped-together deal at all. The House Investigations Committee has existed as a permanent, standing committee for a very long time, as the House is body of our government where things begin.

Never forget it is a group decision, not just one person's. They all look into the same matters, and if there is disagreement, it's written into the findings report. Sometimes there are findings to report, and sometimes there aren't. They all go by the evidence, not their personal opinions. The Chairman is only the manager of the committee.

Schiff will send the finished report to Pelosi, who will then make the decisions on what to do next and when to do it. So it goes from one manager to the next manager higher up the authority chain. It's all up to Nancy as to what will come next for Trump's impeachment. She may or may not select Schiff to be the manager of the impeachment committee.

That one will be a temporary committee, charged with dealing with only one specific item, impeachment. Once that committee's findings are done, the committee will disband on Pelosi's orders. She can re-convene it later at any time.

You seem to think this is all a one-man show. It is not, never was, and never will be.

And the House does not run by saloon rules. No one can tell someone else to sit down and shut up in the House. That's some more mistaken thinking on your part.

Old 12-01-2019, 01:54 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,944 times
https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...90566424498177

Old 12-01-2019, 01:56 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,515 times
I say keep it going, it's the best political theater I've seen in my lifetime.

The President admitted to attempting to throw an opposing party's presidential nomination election before the hearings; the hearings determined the depth of the scandal. His Ukrainian envoy, his Energy Secretary, his European Union Ambassador have been implicated. Then the White House Chief of Staff confirms the same crime. The President's personal lawyer is deep into conspiracy theories and wild goose chases resulting in this presidential mess of a mess. Potential conspirators include the Secretary of State, the White House Counsel, the ranking Minority member of the Intelligence Committee.

How deep does this go? This is spectacularly entertaining.

Old 12-01-2019, 02:04 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,312 times
I wonder if Pelosi decides to censure instead of going for impeachment, This is not looking good for the dems, no matter which side you're on......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies