Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 08:28 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
1. There Is No Evidence that Ford and Kavanaugh Ever Met
Apart from Ford’s claim, no evidence was ever provided that Ford and Kavanaugh had ever met, much less that the party she described had occurred, much less that the assault she described occurred.

2. Leland Keyser Said She Did Not Have ‘Any Confidence’ in Her Friend’s Story
Ford said a close childhood friend named Leland Keyser was a witness to the event where the alleged assault occurred, and later told people that she was sure Keyser had driven her home. While Keyser initially felt horrible that the assault had occurred unbeknownst to her, upon a rigorous examination of her memory of the summer in question, she came to lack confidence in the tale her friend told.

Keyser was a lifelong liberal who did not want Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. This was first reported in our book “Justice on Trial,” and added to in “The Education of Brett Kavanaugh.”

https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/02...ice-kavanaugh/

19 more reasons not to believe Christine Blasey Ford at the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2019, 08:53 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
just this one is more than enough for me.

Blasey Ford Attorney Admits Abortion Support ‘Motivated’ Anti-Kavanaugh Accusations

Old 12-03-2019, 08:54 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,955,928 times
I am not sure how this matters anymore. I always find it fascinating how people on all sides of the political spectrum can spend so much time arguing over something that no longer has any real relevance. Kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, this will not change and since the only people who still really care about this are hyper partisan on both sides I doubt there is any reporting short of Kavanaugh coming out and saying he was guilty or Blasey Ford saying she lied that will change anyone's mind.

Even then there will probably be those who say its not true. And FYI just because i posted here doesn't mean i really care about this issue(before someone calls me out for posting) its just that i find it fascinating how hard it is for some to move on. I guess its part of human nature, heck we could probably get a good long thread going on if the American Revolution was justified or not. So George Washington Patriot or Traitor?

Old 12-03-2019, 08:56 AM

13,973 posts, read 5,634,219 times
She offered no proof that the incident occurred, and all of her hearsay testimony was refuted 100% unanimously by anyone that was called to testify to the veracity of her statements.

That's pretty cut and dry where disbelief is concerned.

I could claim I own and operate a unicorn ranch on Saturn, but I'd have a pretty tough time offering up any tangible proof, and would have an equally tough time finding credible witnesses that can back up my claim...thus, disbelieving that claim wouldn't take much effort. Blasey Ford's claims are equally ludicrous, thus equally easy to disbelieve.

Old 12-03-2019, 08:58 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Another person who should be in prison.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Another person who should be in prison.
instead, the aclu honors her with its 'courage' award

Old 12-03-2019, 09:08 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
What is really sad about Ford is that she came across as a person that was a victim of something. She might not even know exactly what that was but it is certainly affecting her to this day. She appeared frail, frightened and retreated to a child like safe space.

The worse part of her whole ordeal before that Senate panel is that Pelosi and the Left used her and then cast her aside.

I feel bad for the poor woman and I hope she is getting some help.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:30 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
I am not sure how this matters anymore. I always find it fascinating how people on all sides of the political spectrum can spend so much time arguing over something that no longer has any real relevance. Kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, this will not change and since the only people who still really care about this are hyper partisan on both sides I doubt there is any reporting short of Kavanaugh coming out and saying he was guilty or Blasey Ford saying she lied that will change anyone's mind.

Even then there will probably be those who say its not true. And FYI just because i posted here doesn't mean i really care about this issue(before someone calls me out for posting) its just that i find it fascinating how hard it is for some to move on. I guess its part of human nature, heck we could probably get a good long thread going on if the American Revolution was justified or not. So George Washington Patriot or Traitor?
Matters? how about verifying his character as a person when he was wrongly accused of something that devastated him and his family...……..

Old 12-03-2019, 09:47 AM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
When the accuser cannot provide recollection of enough facts that the accused could possibly create an alibi, you know things have crossed over into the ridiculousness of political circus.

With that said, Candidate X once grabbed my privates in a Denny's. I don't remember when or where and there are no other witnesses nor any physical proof.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
When the accuser cannot provide recollection of enough facts that the accused could possibly create an alibi, you know things have crossed over into the ridiculousness of political circus.

With that said, Candidate X once grabbed my privates in a Denny's. I don't remember when or where and there are no other witnesses nor any physical proof.
if you're willing to go on cnn with your story i can recommend you for an ACLU courage award
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies