Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 11:18 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times

Advertisements

17 US Intelligence Agencies say that Russia meddled in the 2016 elections and that allegations of Ukrainian election meddling is a Russian inspired hoax.

Vlad Putin says that Russia did not meddle in the US election and that it was Ukraine and some fruitcakes say that both Russia and Ukraine meddled in the election despite not a single iota of evidence to support the allegation that Ukraine meddled in our elections.

That is a tough one.

Who to believe: US Intelligence Agencies or Putin and Fruitcakes.

I'll go for the US Intelligence agencies. I am not a fan of Putin or fruitcakes.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 12-02-2019 at 11:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2019, 11:20 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Remember, this is what conservatives want. CU.

Citizens United for those who don't remember.

I remember way back when...campaign finance was a real thing. Now, thanks to the Alt-Right, it's completely hopeless.

But, hey, Russians have "free speech" here too, right?

Old 12-02-2019, 11:22 AM

11,775 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Please stop!!! I'm getting my daily laugh from the liberals here and my stomach hurts - I can't stop laughing!

Old 12-02-2019, 11:40 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Trump is in the bag for special interests. Especially foreign interests.

That's probably why.

Don't worry though, Russian disinformation campaigns will keep on chugging out more lies for Trump, so it looks like your guy is in good hands ...

What I don't understand is how in the lead up to the 2016 election Obama himself joked about and made it clear that it was impossible for a foreign country to influence the election. Then Trump won and suddenly the big bad Russians were responsible for influencing the election?

I don't understand the "disinformation" that you claim the Russians spread? Anyone that had their eyes open understood that Hillary was a terrible candidate that we ready to continue the Obama legacy that millions of voters were not happy about. Hillary was mired in scandal from Benghazi to her secret Email server and the hypocrisy from the media helped to seal the Trump win.
We didn't need any disinformation to recognize this. It was all vey clear.

No matter which Democrat is nominated do we need to look beyond their pledges to hand citizen Rights to illegal aliens, go easy on hardened criminals, the green new deal nonsense, taxing the rich to give to the poor, reparations, dismantling big business and handing out free healthcare and education with no idea of how to pay for it which when translated means that the hard working tax payers will.

Do we need anymore evidence that Trump is the only candidate for the future of America? We don't need any Russians to tell us this.

Old 12-02-2019, 11:44 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Trump is in the bag for special interests. Especially foreign interests.

That's probably why.

Don't worry though, Russian disinformation campaigns will keep on chugging out more lies for Trump, so it looks like your guy is in good hands ...
How many millions did the Clinton "foundation" collect from foreigners?

Funny that it stopped once she was out of office. I wonder why.

Old 12-02-2019, 11:46 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Remember, this is what conservatives want. CU.

Citizens United for those who don't remember.

I remember way back when...campaign finance was a real thing. Now, thanks to the Alt-Right, it's completely hopeless.

But, hey, Russians have "free speech" here too, right?
First Amendment.

Old 12-02-2019, 11:46 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The evidence is overwhelming that Ukraine meddled to defeat Trump, while Russia meddled to defeat Hillary. That's the facts!!1

Show us the evidence.

The evidence is overwhelming that Ukraine meddled to defeat Trump

Old 12-02-2019, 11:52 AM

16,077 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Many of the deleted pro-Trump ads are posted by Russian intelligence, but many are directly from Trump campaign. It is hard to tell them apart.
Yeah -- the Trump campaign doesn't really need help in spreading lies and disinformation.

The Russian meddler corps has only one goal and that is to create division in the US by triggering different competing factions across cultural or political fault lines. They don't specifically favor Trump for any ideological or political reason but he is a gigantic patsy that does their work for them by stimulating divisions, fostering extremists, and opening new points of conflict that they can exploit.

Old 12-02-2019, 12:08 PM

15,825 posts, read 6,534,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why only Trump ads?

Have any stats on any of the other people running for office with the same outcome?
The review was specifically looking for those ads, since in the past they have been the subject of an investigation over Russian interference. That doesn't mean the same thing won't happen to ads for other candidates.

Old 12-02-2019, 12:56 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The evidence is overwhelming that Ukraine meddled to defeat Trump, while Russia meddled to defeat Hillary. That's the facts!!1

What evidence? A Trump tweet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies