Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2020, 02:13 PM

4,662 posts, read 1,952,568 times

Advertisements

4 more years of Trump hating, reality nothing much will really change. New President in 2024, likely Democrat as this is what usually happens after 8 years of one side. People then spend the next 4 years of hating on the New President and start to forget about Trump. Everybody is still complaining about healthcare, illegals and the upcoming failure of social Security. Today's liberal 20 somethings(now in their 30's/40's) will be complaining about 20 year olds who want everything for free while they had to work hard for it. Pretty much the same as we have been doing for the last 30 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2020, 02:29 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
It all depends upon if the Republicans re-take the House, and maintain control of the Senate.

If this doesn't occur, Trump will continue to have significant headwinds as he has now in getting his agenda implemented.

When the Republicans had both houses for a short time, the majority's were not large enough to overcome the RINO's, so it was a stalemate.

If the Pubs can undo the Statemate, I think great progress will be made on the issues that have been stuck in the mud for way too long...the deficit, healthcare, & entitlements.

Old 03-04-2020, 02:44 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,063,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
The rise of Jim Jennings. Don junior or Ivanka groomed for succession

Riots and unprecedented whining, worse than 2016 but the left too impotent to sustain outrage

tanks, lots of military firepower at inauguration

more talks with North korea

Trump wins Nobel Peace prize

arms talks with Russia

Prescription drugs, infrastructure, new trade deal to replace nafta

May get three supreme Court appointees

economy up and down

no foreign wars

more young people into populism / nationalist politics

1950s feel to America

There will be more hate from the left for sure. As for the economy, I don't see a decline with the job market any time soon, regardless of what the Dow does. The corona virus will subside sooner than people think it will. There is a conservative uprising going on right now, and that certainly will continue.

And, yes, at least two more Supreme Court justices, if not three. That's providing that it doesn't happen this year.

Old 03-04-2020, 02:47 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
I'm looking forward to the second act of "sky screaming".

Old 03-04-2020, 02:48 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,063,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
4 more years of Trump hating, reality nothing much will really change. New President in 2024, likely Democrat as this is what usually happens after 8 years of one side.
It looks to be different this time.

I don't believe the next president will be a Dem. That's asking too much for a party with an uncertain future. If you look at trends right now, many folks are switching parties. Nearly all are disgusted Dems.

Old 03-04-2020, 04:33 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
I'll cook the crow for 'em.
Fried or baked?

Old 03-04-2020, 05:43 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Social security gone, replaced by Logan’s Run.

Mexicans in concentration camps.

Second Amendment gone because black gangs turn on whites.

Washington D.C. renamed to “Putingradâ€.

France (being the way they are) also surrenders to the Kremlin.

Old 03-04-2020, 05:53 PM

1,329 posts, read 832,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
1950s feel to America

Over my dead body.

Old 03-05-2020, 05:01 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times
Quote:

1950s feel to America came and went in the 1950s and won't be back.
A time when people were normal...men were men... women were women and marriage was between a man and a woman..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K50UstKfJM

Old 03-05-2020, 05:14 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,606,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The Communists and globalists will be very mad again.. too bad.. WE THE PEOPLE SHOULD BE FIRST!!

Brainwashing will continue .. it will get really old and most people will get tired of hating when seeing it is futile. The MSM will fall apart and they will get really mad as Trump continues to MAKE AMERICA GREAT.

Many people will get tired of being a democrat because it is so negative and TDS is no fun.
Sorry but just because more left leaning people don't agree with you they're brainwashed? Pot calling the kettle black much? Take a look at just about any state's voting map from the 2016 election and you'll see that nearly every urban area voted democrat. In fact, I crunched the numbers in Ohio, one of the states most famous for being a swing state.

Here's the statistics for the 10 most populated counties in Ohio:

What are we looking at? 6 of the 10 most populated counties in Ohio overwhelmingly voted Democrat. The ones that voted Republican did so overwhelmingly, except Lorain County, however of the 10 most populated areas of Ohio, 361,362 more people or 12.85% of total voters voted for Clinton. Sure, Trump won the state overall, no one is disputing that, but this clearly shows that people in more populated areas, in one of the most swingin' of states, voted Democrat.

Here's an illustration of votes for each party versus total county population:

Here's an illustration of the % of each county's population voting for each party:

So, why do I bring all of this up? I grew up in a small town of 800 in the rust belt, surrounded by people who adored Bush during his administration, and where a high percentage of front lawns had a Trump Pence sign in 2016. Members of my own family and many I grew up with still lean pretty far to the right to this day. I moved out of there and went to university in California when I was 18. I began to meet people of different backgrounds. I spent a year in London, met people from all over the planet and dated my fair share of girls who spoke different languages. I moved to Hawaii, a state that has quite a diverse population socio-economically. I spent 6 months in Australia where I met people that are not too dissimilar to Americans, and saw how even the lowest earners still earn a decent wage , and the relative lack in economic hardship that their society faces compared to ours as a result. I've been to 45 of the 50 states in the USA (missing AK, ND, TN, AR, and SC), and I've now lived in Spain for 4.5 years. I've met gay Mulims, white Jamaicans, Venezuelans, people born rich, people born poor. My brother is a blue collar worker in the rust belt. But I've seen how other countries do it, and spent time many of the types of people we see all over the news. After hearing all of this I'm sure you're not surprised to hear that I lean pretty far left?

I, just as you do, base my political leanings, and my life in general, off my personal experiences. When you live in a rural area, you are surrounded by the same people, go to the same restaurants, hear the same gossip- there's simply less exposure to anything different. Whether you like it or not, we're living in an increasingly global world. Technological advances have made traveling and working abroad much, much easier, and with that comes a flood of things that are different. This is not to say that people in rural areas never go to the city or travel abroad, but it's easy to get stuck in a loop when you live in a small town. It's absolutely fine if one prefers life in a small town, but you can't deny that many small towns are bubbles due to the lack of outside influence. In fact, take a look at this map of people who own passports, do you see any pattern there? Every single person I know that has traveled frequently, both American and not, leans left. Most people I've met that haven't traveled much, both American and not, leans right. Does this tell you anything? I say all of this because I have to ask - which type of society do you think is more conducive towards brainwashing? One where more people have exposure and actual experience with more of what the world has to offer, or a small town things are the same as they were 40 years ago? Have you ever tested your beliefs outside your bubble and tried to have your mind changed? That's how I've formed my beliefs, by seeing and experiencing different things first hand and having my mind changed. What would your thoughts be on spending a year in another country, even somewhere similar to the US like Australia or the UK?

Last edited by wikiwikirunner; 03-05-2020 at 05:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies