Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2019, 02:35 PM

3,412 posts, read 3,460,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They won't even admit they lost in 2016.
Yes, they don’t want to be reminded that they were laughing at President Trump before he won when he would not commit to the results of the upcoming election. They were so confident and look its them who can't accept the results. Makes it look like they cheated and still lost and don’t get why they lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 02:53 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,574,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Yes, they don’t want to be reminded that they were laughing at President Trump before he won when he would not commit to the results of the upcoming election. They were so confident and look its them who can't accept the results. Makes it look like they cheated and still lost and don’t get why they lost.
My god, if you truly believe that, you have zero understanding of right, wrong, truth, lie, fact, fiction, law, lawlessness, ethics, amorality, principle, or the Constitution.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 12-05-2019 at 03:15 PM..

Old 12-05-2019, 03:06 PM

40,977 posts, read 49,331,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
You have no idea how bad this is for our country, especially knowing that actual impeachment will fail.
This is going to Motivate the R Party, The Independents and the Libertarians to come out in huge support of Trump.

There are some very angry people upset over this mess. Watch the money start pouring in for Trump even bigger than it is today.

Old 12-05-2019, 03:15 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,574,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Stop with the "he won the election and the left is mad about it" baloney.

If Trump conducted himself in a dignified manner, WITH INTEGRITY, in a manner befitting the office he holds, if Trump placed enough value on the significance and importance of his words not to lie every time he speaks, if he truly cared about all citizens not just those who voted for him, if he worked to unite instead of divide with his neverending namecalling and conspiracy paranoia, if he didn't spout baseless accusations and theories creating neverending chaos, if he appointed competent people with integrity who value loyalty to their oaths of office and the Constitution above their loyalty to HIM, if he put the country's interests ahead of his own - respect our intelligence services, the branches of government, people who know more than him, most "dems" might not agree with his policies but at least they would put up with him.

I hated George Bush - but today, next to Trump, Bush was a saint. The entire country and the world would be much better off today if Bush were President, not Trump.

So, no, it has nothing to do with "losing an election" and everything to do with the character of the man - or, more appropriately, the LACK of character in this man.

Old 12-05-2019, 03:38 PM

51,673 posts, read 25,930,713 times
Democrats didn't lose the election. They lost the EC.

Clinton got 3 million more votes.

Some last minute shenanigans with Cambridge Analytics, Russian social media, and Trump rallies clinched enough EC votes to let him slide in.

But he lost the election.

By 3 million votes.

Where we go from here is anybody's guess.

Old 12-05-2019, 03:42 PM

Hate from the Leftist Party

https://twitter.com/JonathanTurley/s...81745038028806

Old 12-05-2019, 03:59 PM

20,433 posts, read 14,752,677 times
Some folks think that these things have all dragged on because Trump is innocent and the Democrats have nothing of substance with which to challenge him for real. All a big nothingburger circus. OK, I can accept that you believe that. I don't believe that. I believe that he is a loathsome criminal. But even so, what is driving me bonkers is the drawn out mess of seemingly endless committees, hearings, paperwork, "inquiries" and... It feels as though if they'd replaced everyone involved with bureaucrats from the DMV, the process would have gone more efficiently. And as an independent (who currently leans left) I can't help but criticize the way in which this process has all played out. The people have no patience for it, neither those who support Trump, nor those who condemn him! A government that operates like a convoluted Rube Goldberg machine, is exactly what got Trump so much support. I really think a huge part of our society is actually OK with the man breaking laws at the highest level so long as he GETS SOMETHING DONE. They're just too tired of politicians who seem so utterly useless (at best!)

So I just really wish they would crap or get off the pot. At this point, the outcome is whatever. If you're going to do something, do something, and if you don't have the juice to pull it off, then stop with all the hooplah and find something more productive to do with your time.

But what I wonder is, whether this mentality is a result of our 24/7 news and clickbaits and memes and how we're used to much of our input coming at a faster pace? What I'd love to know, being only 40 and not remembering this personally, is if the process with Nixon dragged on like this? I was around for Clinton, and mostly avoided the news because I didn't need the mental image of him "having sexual relations with that (or any) woman." I figured it was none of my business, between he and his wife, and maybe their divorce lawyers if it came to that, so I didn't want to hear it. So my memory of how long that took is also somewhat hazy.

Anyhow. Spare me the name calling, Trump-lovers, I don't care and it just makes you look childish. I just want to know an answer to my question about if Nixon's impeachment news seemed to go on forever like this.

Old 12-05-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Some folks think that these things have all dragged on because Trump is innocent and the Democrats have nothing of substance with which to challenge him for real. .
Dragged on, your kidding.

Did you miss Turleys speech yesterday that this is the most rushed to Impeach that has ever been done?

The Dems have completely changed the rules to their benefit and to short circuit the process.

This is the first time in History that articles of impeachment will be assembled without an official full house vote to initiate the impeachment process. This is also the first impeachment effort without the House attaining recognized judicial enforcement authority.

The vote will take place before the Supreme Court weighs-in on the legal framework for the House effort. The House judicial enforcement authority, not being recognized by the Supreme Court, likely had a strong bearing on the timing.

It just seems to have dragged on because the Dems have been trying to Impeach Trump since November 2016.

Old 12-05-2019, 04:30 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,564,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I have to believe the never-ending lying, irrelevant, tin-foil whack-a-mole posts on this thread from the Trumpeters is the work of his campaign committee.

Trump has lived his life creating his own reality. The carny barker at work.

Truth and facts NEVER MATTER - only what he chooses to BELIEVE at any given moment. He and his corrupt henchmen know there are enough stupid people out there who will believe his alternate reality - and that's all it takes - enough stupidity.

Clearly, he has no respect for the voter - and it would appear rightly so. As I said before, we are rotting from within. I won't be around to see this country's descent into a shell of itself, but many of you will as Trump and people like him continue to destroy it. The great experiment has failed - as the founders feared it would.

I am once again reminded of:
"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their hearts desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

- H. L. Mencken
That day has clearly arrived.
You're projecting again. Giving us all a window into YOUR soul, to see what YOU are as you self-describe yourself while projecting it on others - and we appreciate it!!!!

Old 12-05-2019, 04:36 PM

2,264 posts, read 977,358 times
So is there a smoking gun? The one where Trump is recorded saying, "If you don't investigate the Bidens I'm withholding foreign aid".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies