Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2019, 08:22 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
IF Trayvon was a thug, how did GZ know that? He saw a black teen in a hoodie and made all kinds of assumptions.
GZ saw someone he felt was suspicious. He called the police and watched him so the police would know where he was.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:24 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
Case aside, would you want a man like Zimmerman patrolling your neighborhood with a loaded gun?
Part of my neighbor dues go to a man that patrols our neighborhood with a gun.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Actually, I do. As do a number of the other commenters in this thread.
No you don't as there were no witnesses. There is but Zimmerman's word, which is utterly worthless.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:39 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Part of my neighbor dues go to a man that patrols our neighborhood with a gun.
But, would you want a man like Zimmerman doing it? Not I.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:43 PM

227 posts, read 97,963 times
Zimmerman would not have gotten the same reaction if he followed a petite white women in his truck on a dark rainy night....but all bets are off when you're a black teen.

These kind of topics just further demonstrate the lengths America will go to to deny a young, black man could be a victim. Some of the main arguments are essentially that since Trayvon Martin had a troubled history, his killing was justified. It says nothing of the fact that Zimmerman pursued and killed an unarmed teenager for no reason other than he looked kinda suspicious to him.

The only people who think he did the morally correct thing that night are internet users who never go outside. Imagine being followed at home at night, in the rain by some wanna be cop douchebag in his truck.

The character of a dead man is irrelevant, because we're not here to examine the victim since he didn't pull the trigger.

Look at their histories, Zimmerman has a lengthy criminal history, Martin does not. look at their behavior, Zimmerman is pissed and stalks Martin even after being told not to by 911, Martin runs away from him and is scared. it takes a serious leap in logic to come to the conclusion that martin was the aggressor.

Not only that, Zimmerman has had a ton of run-in's wit the law. He's been arrested for beating his ex-fiancée, punching a police officer, brandishing a gun at and beating his ex-wife and her father, and pointing a shotgun at, and beating, ANOTHER girlfriend.

The man even tried to sell and make profit off the gun he used that night. Trying to make a profit off the gun that killed a boy who just wanted to go home is inherently insane, even if you think that Zimmerman was assaulted and had a right to defend himself.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:50 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
He's a crazy MOFO!
I hope he cleans them out too!
Whoa....Z WON and was ACQUITTED...will go nowhere. With that kind of thinking OJ should sue the Goldman's too!

Old 12-06-2019, 08:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Hate to break it to you guy but the way you see it is racist. You are quite literally judging people based on the color of their skin.... you get that right? Your way is no different than Richard Spencer's way.
I know my people.

That’s all I have to say.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:30 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No you don't as there were no witnesses. There is but Zimmerman's word, which is utterly worthless.
Yes, I do, because I paid attention, and you didn't. And I'm a lot smarter than you and thus more capable of understanding what the facts mean.

There is ZERO chance that Zimmerman was the aggressor.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
Zimmerman would not have gotten the same reaction if he followed a petite white women in his truck on a dark rainy night....but all bets are off when you're a black teen.

These kind of topics just further demonstrate the lengths America will go to to deny a young, black man could be a victim. Some of the main arguments are essentially that since Trayvon Martin had a troubled history, his killing was justified. It says nothing of the fact that Zimmerman pursued and killed an unarmed teenager for no reason other than he looked kinda suspicious to him.
You're a crazed racist.

There is absolutely no chance it happened that way.

Trayvon attacked the part-black Zimmerman, and Zimmerman defended himself.

That's an absolute certainty.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
He was following him like a lunatic. Making sure he didn't 'get away'. Trayvon hadn't done anything but be black.
He was a burglar who beat the ***t out of snitches and commented afterward that they didn't bleed enough. He was a thug, and that night he APPEARED to be casing houses for purposes of burglary. Is that what being black means to you? If so, then you're right -- he was just being black.

You're either completely ignorant of what happened that night or an unrepentant racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies