Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2019, 02:35 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,324,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post

Talking about the murderer.

Quote:
In July 2005, he was arrested for “resisting officer with violence.” The neighborhood watch volunteer who wanted to be a cop got into a scuffle with cops who were questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking. The charges were reduced and then waived after he entered an alcohol education program. Then in August 2005, Zimmerman’s former fiance sought a restraining order against him because of domestic violence.

Quote:
Later in 2013, he was arrested and charged with felony aggravated assault for allegedly pointing a shotgun at his girlfriend. The case was later dropped. Two years later, he was arrested again -- this time for charges of domestic aggravated assault for allegedly throwing a bottle of wine at his girlfriend -- and again the charges were later dropped.

Old 12-04-2019, 02:39 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,405,630 times
Zimmerman is a criminal and a thug who will get what is coming to him eventually.

Old 12-04-2019, 02:54 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,535,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
So let me see if I understand this

This idiot Zimmerman pursued an innocent child, even after police told him not to.
A possible fight ensued, and Zimmerman shot the kid to death.
Zimmerman was found not guilty, because Florida
Now this piece of human **** is suing the family of the kid he murdered???

I'm not 100% sure that there is a hell, but if there is, I hope Zimmerman roasts there.
If the jury in the first court trial sided with Zimmerman, why believe the civil suit would be any different?

Old 12-04-2019, 03:05 PM

7,820 posts, read 4,550,655 times
Give him the money, because he strikes me as the kind of person who will be dead within six months after getting that kind of cash.

Old 12-04-2019, 03:28 PM

1,161 posts, read 433,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I see no murder conviction or even any evidence of such. I do see self defense, the evidence presented in trial did not demonstrate murder. If you do not like it, take it up with the jury, but I fail to see how any rational person could think beyond a reasonable doubt it was murder, the jury obviously did not either.

The police did not not tell him anything, the 911 operator did, no one has to listen to a 911 operator.

You toss child in there to invoke emotions, but sorry, that does not work, he was not an eight year old.
Fair enough. It was a 911 operator. Doesn't change the fact that he had no reason to follow him.

They couldn't prove beyond a shadow of doubt that OJ was guilty, does that mean he wasn't?

Who cares what I toss out there? He was an unarmed child/kid/teenager/man, whatever you call him, the point is that Zimmerman was obviously the instigator and whatever the incident is that he started ended with an innocent person dead, and Zimmerman a POS with several charges of abuse on his record (including threatening his girlfiend with a gun and barricading himself in a house until police had to break in and arrest him, a rap sheet that includes assaulting an officer, is a free man.

Old 12-04-2019, 03:49 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,737,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Fair enough. It was a 911 operator. Doesn't change the fact that he had no reason to follow him.

They couldn't prove beyond a shadow of doubt that OJ was guilty, does that mean he wasn't?

Who cares what I toss out there? He was an unarmed child/kid/teenager/man, whatever you call him, the point is that Zimmerman was obviously the instigator and whatever the incident is that he started ended with an innocent person dead, and Zimmerman a POS with several charges of abuse on his record (including threatening his girlfiend with a gun and barricading himself in a house until police had to break in and arrest him, a rap sheet that includes assaulting an officer, is a free man.
I'll never understand why people seem to want to paint either Zimmy or Trayvon as pure or innocent? They were/are both losers & they were both responsible for what happened. The short version is Trayvon would be alive if he hadn't stalked & attacked Zimmy that night.

Zimmy was voted neighborhood watch commander. His job was to look out for the besieged gated community that averaged more than one reported burglary/home invasion per day. Zimmy not only had a right, but a duty, to check out an unknown teen walking around in the rain at night. Zimmy's biggest sin is that he's a coward, not the hard charging cowboy the media wanted us to believe. What he should have done is roll down his window and say "Hey I'm George the neighborhood watch commander. We've had a lot of problems with break-ins lately. Do you live in this community?". Instead he sat in his truck scared & called 9/11. When people are scared their voices get high and the crack. Listen to his call with the 911 operator. "Oh my God, he's coming over to my truck. He's reaching in his waistband. I think he's got a gun.". Only after Trayvon had run off & was long gone, a full 6 seconds later, did the door to Zimmy's truck open & Zimmy found the courage to get out & try to see where he went. Operator told Zimmy not to follow Trayvon & Zimmy stopped right away. Trayvon was staying a block from where they met. He could have run home & locked the door if he was scared. He wasn't scared though. Unlike Zimmy, Trayvon liked to fight. Instead he stalked Zimmy and several minutes later, instead of being at home, he stepped out from between the houses and jacked Zimmy in the face, breaking his nose. Then Trayvon mounted Zimmy & bashed his head into the concrete. Zimmy thought he was going to die, so he shot Trayvon. Doesn't mean Zimmy's a winner, a hero or a role model, but it clearly wasn't murder.

Old 12-04-2019, 03:59 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,560,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Zimmerman is a criminal and a thug who will get what is coming to him eventually.
Trayvon was a criminal and thug who was shot due to his thuggery.

His parents FAILED.

Old 12-04-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Sorry guy, it's just how it is. A pathetic loser thought he had a big dick because he was armed with a gun and it caused him to get involved in a situation he couldn't handle that led to someone losing their life.

While I am fine with Martin being dead due to his actions, morally Zimmerman is to blame as well. He had no business following him that night. Here should have stayed in his car... and you can bet he would have had he not been armed. Instead he went out of his way to snoop on the affairs of others and gave the moron a chance to get himself killed. If Zimmerman hadn't been such a pathetic loser, Martin would have just caught a beating for attacking a stranger and that would have been that. Instead the moron is dead and the pathetic loser ruined his life.
Zimmerman had every right to watch him until the police arrived.

Now, tell again how tough you are on that keyboard.

Old 12-04-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Just to clarify--Zimmerman was not adhering to any HOA rules for the situation. There was no official neighborhood watch associated with the HOA, and the instructions for those who chose to patrol on their own were "call the police." Period. They were not to take matters into their own hands because people get hurt. Duh.

Zimmerman was a paranoid vigilante who should not be allowed to have a gun, as reflected by all of his actions. He acted alone and disobeyed the police.

And for those who seem to think he was innocent just because he was acquitted, I would refer you to OJ.

"...Wendy Dorival, who worked as the volunteer program coordinator for the Sanford Police Department, said she made a presentation to facilitate a neighborhood watch program in 2011 for residents of Retreat at Twin Lakes, where Zimmeran lived and Trayvon was visiting a friend of his father's on the night he was killed..."

"They're not supposed to take matters into their own hands," Dorival said...

...Dorival said she tried to recruit Zimmerman to a citizens patrol program, but that he didn't want to participate..."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...watch/2455163/
Simple question.

Was it lawful for Zimmerman to watch Trayvon while waiting for the cops?

Old 12-04-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The police told Zimmerman not to follow Martin.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...zimmerman.html
FAIL.

A 911 operator told him he didn't have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.