Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 01:31 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,361,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
You're living in a fantasy land.

The phone call where Zimmerman called the cops and they told him not to pursue the child, who wasn't armed with anything but a bag of Skittles and had every right to be where he was. Martin ignored the authorities. An altercation took place. Was Martin defending himself against a grown adult attacking him? None of us know.

Yes, we do. At least intelligent people who paid attention know.

The only FACTS that we know are
1. Trayvon had every right to be where he was.
2. Zimmerman was told to not pursue.
3. Zimmerman shot and killed a child.

Is Zimmerman really the type of person you want to defend?
Hell, yes, he is. I will defend every victim from the kind of evil lies that have you believing the exact opposite of the truth.

Old 12-04-2019, 01:34 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's a good start; the Martin family has been slandering him and profiting from their thug-son for nearly a decade. I hope he goes after the municipality that prosecuted as well; case should never have gone to trial. Did he ever sue NBC for manipulating the 911 tapes they played?
yeah, but i don't know the final outcome. they did fire the producer who was responsible.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ted-nbc-309258

Old 12-04-2019, 01:34 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,801,560 times
Quote:
By all means, explain to me what part of a person murdering an unarmed child I'm missing.
I see no murder conviction or even any evidence of such. I do see self defense, the evidence presented in trial did not demonstrate murder. If you do not like it, take it up with the jury, but I fail to see how any rational person could think beyond a reasonable doubt it was murder, the jury obviously did not either.

The police did not not tell him anything, the 911 operator did, no one has to listen to a 911 operator.

You toss child in there to invoke emotions, but sorry, that does not work, he was not an eight year old.

Old 12-04-2019, 01:37 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,361,047 times
Quote:
What makes you think that Trayvon was casing houses?

The fact that Trayvon was a burglar and Zimmerman's account of what Trayvon was doing -- peering through windows.

Zimmerman obviously pursued Trayvon. Listen to the call with the police.

No, he didn't obviously "pursue" him. He followed him for a while, which is different from "pursue".

The police have authority to tell someone to not pursue a supposedly suspicious looking person that they just called the cops about.

No, they do not.

What makes you think that Trayvon ambushed Zimmerman?

The fact that Trayvon was bashing Zimmerman's head against the concrete when he got shot. If Z-man had seen Trayvon approaching him, he probably would have pulled the gun and prevented the attack or shot him right then.

How do you "ambush" someone who is watching you?? Do you understand what the word ambush means?
Zimmerman wasn't watching him. He had lost sight of him. You have no grasp of the facts.

Old 12-04-2019, 01:37 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
It's not his job, not his business. People pathetic enough to let kids beat them up should not be going around following people around. Both of them should have been raised better by their parents
Do you also believe women who get raped shouldn't have been walking around alone?

Old 12-04-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
You're living in a fantasy land.

The phone call where Zimmerman called the cops and they told him not to pursue the child, who wasn't armed with anything but a bag of Skittles and had every right to be where he was. Martin ignored the authorities. An altercation took place. Was Martin defending himself against a grown adult attacking him? None of us know.
The only FACTS that we know are
1. Trayvon had every right to be where he was.
2. Zimmerman was told to not pursue.
3. Zimmerman shot and killed a child.

Is Zimmerman really the type of person you want to defend?
Martin attacked Zimmerman. It doesn't matter if a 911 operator told him to stay in his car.

Old 12-04-2019, 01:39 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,801,560 times
Quote:
What makes you think that Trayvon was casing houses?
Zimmerman obviously pursued Trayvon. Listen to the call with the police.
The police have authority to tell someone to not pursue a supposedly suspicious looking person that they just called the cops about.
What makes you think that Trayvon ambushed Zimmerman? How do you "ambush" someone who is watching you?? Do you understand what the word ambush means?
There is no proof Martin was doing anything other than walking. However, at some point he did back track going home and got in a confrontation with Zimmerman.

Zimmerman was not on a call with the police, he was with 911, a person has no legal obligation to abide by what a 911 operator says.

Martin since he backtracked, obviously backtracked for a reason, what reason do not know, but on the call to his GF, it can be assumed it had to do with Zimmerman.

Zimmerman in fact had injuries consistent with his story, the gun shot was consistent with his story. It is up to the prosecution to prove murder, which they failed to do.

Old 12-04-2019, 01:43 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I see no murder conviction or even any evidence of such. I do see self defense, the evidence presented in trial did not demonstrate murder. If you do not like it, take it up with the jury, but I fail to see how any rational person could think beyond a reasonable doubt it was murder, the jury obviously did not either.

The police did not not tell him anything, the 911 operator did, no one has to listen to a 911 operator.

You toss child in there to invoke emotions, but sorry, that does not work, he was not an eight year old.

he was a child. he was as much a child as some of those underaged girls Epstein was pimping. We can't play with that definition.

And man, I can't imagine defending someone that got out of their vehicle with a loaded firearm, pursued, then killed a child. And then sues the parents of the child he murdered.

Old 12-04-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
he was a child. he was as much a child as some of those underaged girls Epstein was pimping. We can't play with that definition.

And man, I can't imagine defending someone that got out of their vehicle with a loaded firearm, pursued, then killed a child.
Trayvon was a thug who attacked a person.

Old 12-04-2019, 01:47 PM

8,956 posts, read 2,553,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you also believe women who get raped shouldn't have been walking around alone?
That's quite the stretch but I'll play along. To make your analogy work, yes, if a woman showed up at a convicted rapists house naked, popped a roofie, then asked to watch some Netflix.... yeah they'd have done blame for what ultimately happens.

Would it make it right? No, obviously not, but she'd beat some responsibility for stupid actions.

The same is true about Zimmerman. He was a pathetic short fat weakling that went around looking for trouble and found it. He should have left that kind of thing to his betters, since he didn't, he ruined his life because he couldn't appropriately handle the trouble he found so it got out of control.

Martin deserves what happened to him.... but Zimmerman deserves the fallout from his actions too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.