Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 06:03 PM

20,865 posts, read 9,532,948 times

Advertisements

What the Trumpies here are saying is that it is more valid for an amateur and non-professional psychologist like Trump to offer a psychological assessment of somebody than it is for a professional psychologist like Lance Dodes to offer a psychological evaluation of somebody.

With logic like that it's no wonder they support Trump.

Ironically, this is the same group of people who have ridiculed anti-Trumpers here on the board for saying Trump is a psycho who is in mental decline. Of course when Trump does the same thing to Adam Schiff it's perfectly OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2019, 06:17 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Then Donald Trump is engaging in malpractice. Trump has never examined Adam Schiff, nor has he been consulted as a physician by Schiff to evaluate him. And yet he sat there, giving a psychological assessment of Schiff.

It is certainly not surprising that a conservative like Trump would ignore his presidential duties and engage in slanderous activities - it is what conservatives do.
Trump isn't a conservative.

He likes to sometimes pretend to be a conservative, but he isn't a conservative.

Old 12-04-2019, 06:21 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
What the Trumpies here are saying is that it is more valid for an amateur and non-professional psychologist like Trump to offer a psychological assessment of somebody than it is for a professional psychologist like Lance Dodes to offer a psychological evaluation of somebody.

Ironically, this is the same group of people who have ridiculed anti-Trumpers here on the board for saying Trump is a psycho who is in mental decline. Of course when Trump does the same thing to Adam Schiff it's perfectly OK.

No matter the words that come before or after, I can't help but laugh seeing those three words together.

Old 12-04-2019, 06:24 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Malpractice-

He has not directly examined Donald Trump, taken a medical history, nor has he been consulted as a physician by Trump to evaluate him.

It is certainly not surprising that a liberal would ignore his medical duties and obligations and engage in slanderous activities- it is what liberals do.
lol poor deranged psychopath...they have many at Havod.

Old 12-04-2019, 07:21 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I thought the APA was actively discouraging professional speculation about DJT's mental condition?
There is simply too much proof by now, he has led a very public life and has made so many outrageous statements that any psychiatrist can examine this man publicly without actually discussing anything with him personally.

At this time in his life, its pretty much a layup that he has serious mental issues. You don't need to be a psychiatrist to recognize this.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:13 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I don't need a psychiatrist to tell me that Trump is a deeply damaged person.

I've known it for a good two decades.
WOW, have had TDS that long!

Old 12-05-2019, 06:26 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I don't need a psychiatrist to tell me that Trump is a deeply damaged person.
I've known it for a good two decades.
It's just common sense. We all know people like this and we avoid them at all cost in our daily lives. Who would have ever dreamed that a sociopath like Trump would ever be elected to President? Or more to the point, who would have dreamed that there are enough mush-brained people in this country that could be manipulated to adore a con-man like Trump?

Old 12-05-2019, 06:35 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
He talks about Trump's latest antics:

Anybody mentally assessing someone publicly based on the very limited news clips available to him has a credibility of 0. He's trying to sell his book and should be ashamed of himself.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:55 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:

The only thing going on in this story is that a FOR PROFIT CORPORATION on a slow news day rolled out a partisan "expert" to grind up some red meat for the base and to anger rival partisans and try to get some ratings $$$. That's fine, FOX and others do the same thing and it has zero actual impact on things as non-partisans just laugh at the silliness of such tripe and recognize it for what it is.

That being said, a psychiatrist can actually get in trouble for doing what he did while any schmo like you, me or Trump can same someone is crazy and it doesn't reflect on the professional organization.

If you're still confused by this, if a pro golfer were caught cheating they could take away his tour card. You're arguing that if Trump were caught cheating they wouldn't take his PGA tour card away so what the pro-golfer did is fine. Hope that helps you.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:57 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Most people I know from Harvard are entitled elitists. Like Elon Musk says, "I don't care about your degree or where you went to school."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies