Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 07:09 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

of course.
Quote:
Neal Katyal, an acting solicitor general under Barack Obama, argued Thursday that if the Senate acquits President Donald Trump following impeachment by the House of Representatives, the next Congress could simply impeach Trump again on the same charges.
https://freebeacon.com/tag/2020-election/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2019, 07:15 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
No, doesn't have anything to do with 2020. Trump is an embarrassment to this country. He is a wannabe despot and his ineptitude makes him dangerous to America. He is being manipulated by Putin and he doesn't even know it. Plus he is grade A jerk.
I don't agree with your assesment but even if I did being a wannabe despot, inept and a grade A jerk are not grounds for impeachment.
For three years they have been looking for a reason to impeach. If he is reelected they will spend the next four year also. He is hated (and an outsider) that is the reason for impeachment.

Old 12-06-2019, 07:23 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post

Trump is the old relative you have who is suffering from dementia and age related illnesses. You would gladly place this relative in a facility that would care for them. In the US we have a group of Trump supporters who would rather see this poor man slur his words, fail to complete sentences, misuse words, and generally embarrass himself along with all of America as his dementia progresses. I suppose we will have to wait until he comes out on the W.H. lawn without his pants.
Trump may be a little crude, egotistical (as most people who reach his position are), he definitely exaggerates (sometimes lies), I don't like many of his tweets but he does not show signs of dementia.

Quote:
Trump was laughed during his speech at the UN.
IF true that is bad on those that laughed. What did he say that was laughable?

Quote:
World leaders view him as the baby in the room.
Do you have evidence for this? Or is that just you projecting your feelings? They may not like that he is somewhat unpredictable and that he does put America first but I don't think he is viewed as the baby in the room.

Quote:
No president has ever embarrassed the US more than and in so many ways than Donald Trump.
I think you do not need to look far to find examples that are contrary to your opinion.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:11 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
lineup of candidates? With Warren and Bernie turning people away with their far left ideas, Biden clearly going senile, and supposed next Obama Kamala Harris already dropping out and the far left angry at the Dems for now having an all white lineup, it's not looking good for Dems when it comes to their bench. Impeachment of Trump seems to be the only way they think they can win. By "hurting" him politically.
Says it all:

Rep. Al Green "I'm concerned that if we don't impeach the president, he will get reelected"

Old 12-06-2019, 08:13 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
If HIllary won the electoral college and Trump Won the popular vote and Hillary was elected democrats would be praising the genius of the electoral college, but it worked against them so it’s not fair.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Jobs, and historically low unemployment
Great economy
Low energy prices, including gasoline. Unheard of in a growing economy. Great energy policy.
Great stock markets
Great housing markets
Lower taxes
Fewer onerous regulations
Better immigration policy
Better Trade Policy
Stronger national defense
Troop draw down in needles wars

Yeah, he's a pawn of Putin and terrible President alright. Delusional much?

This FAUX Impeachment is 100% about the 2020 election. Democrats lose again.
The dems have no evidence or proof of any impeachable offense.

Drawing on personal opinions, speculating on what they think the President's motivations might have been, cannot be submitted as evidence in any trial. And yet, personal opinion, inference and conjecture is all the dems have to offer.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
If HIllary won the electoral college and Trump Won the popular vote and Hillary was elected democrats would be praising the genius of the electoral college, but it worked against them so it’s not fair.
The dems want mob rule. A pure Democracy works for despots, when they control the media and the halls of government.

The electoral college is one of the last vestiges of federalism that we have, and the dems hate it.

The irony is a state senator like Elizabeth “Fauxcahontas” Warren, from the tiny state of Massachusetts, seeking to eliminate the electoral college. Without federalism, there wouldn't be a Senate seat for her.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:27 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
As soon as you call him "Orange Jesus," I plug my ears. I suspect that's your attempt to belittle Christians. (Why are some liberals so eager to denigrate people of a certain religion while concurrently racing in to lambast anyone who makes a legitimate criticism of a Muslim?)

- signed, a Jewish poster
I`m a church going Catholic and a REAL Christian who went to catholic schools. I`m denigrating fake Christians, not real ones like myself. Real Christians don`t hate gays, Muslims or pregnant teenagers and they don`t support a president who mocks the handicapped. I hope you can see the difference.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:27 AM

33,310 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
As soon as you call him "Orange Jesus," I plug my ears. I suspect that's your attempt to belittle Christians. (Why are some liberals so eager to denigrate people of a certain religion while concurrently racing in to lambast anyone who makes a legitimate criticism of a Muslim?)

- signed, a Jewish poster
Nope.

It's likely an 'attempt to belittle Christians who have hitched their wagon of support to a man whose behavior is often the antithesis of what Jesus would want the flock to exemplify'....which isn't the same as an 'attempt to belittle Christians'. Some Christians have the sense to withhold support from someone who is so lacking.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:29 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies