Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 08:19 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
We don’t all agree on number one. While we all agree on tough border and immigration policies we don’t all agree the wall will work. On number 2 and 3 we definitely agree. The decay of our nation at the hands of leftists must be stopped so yes I think we all agree that keeping leftists from power is a key goal we all share.

This impeachment is an effort to further the leftist/Marxist cause in America. Even if Trump had killed someone in front of the White House I would still not support his removal from office because it would aid the leftists in their evil cause. I do not like Trump, he is a disgrace to us and an embarrassment to the country but he is a much lesser evil than the leftist enemies of our country would place on the throne to rule over us. I will do nothing to aid these traitors to our country and for that reason I will without hesitation go to the polls and vote for Trump in 2020 in spite of the fact that I actually despise the man Trump is. The evil the leftists are is so much more of a threat to our freedoms and way of life than anything Trump May say or do. Trump at the least has our national interest in mind and many of his ideas are correct. My beef with him is his un presidential demeanor, his questionable personal and business life and his inability to effectively carry out his good ideas. ( border security, healthcare reform for example)

I would rather watch this nation burn to the ground than to see the leftist traitors ruin what it is.
The leftist pinkos must be doing something right in Finland. Take a look at the article.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/07/o...gtype=Homepage

I really don't understand how you let the billionaires make policy and convince you that health care and affordable day care is bad for you. It's no wonder that Trump loves the uneducated. You are all so lazy that you let the billionaires do your thinking for you. Fox is the real fake news network.

Old 12-07-2019, 08:48 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I got bad news for you ... when anyone can waltz across an open border, that “anyone” can just as easily be a Muslim as a Mexican. Lots of North Africans have been apprehended at our southern border attempting to enter illegally, so your position on this point is as illogical and self defeating as we find liberal policies to be.

As for point 2 ... I hope you are being facetious.... but in case you aren’t, I would simply say that killing babies is killing babies, irrespective of the motive, be it out of convenience, or financial considerations. I think the better solution to the issue of welfare is welfare reform, not killing a million babies annually.
Fetuses, not babies.

Even if you typed the word babies 100 more times, they’d still be fetuses, not babies .

Old 12-07-2019, 09:10 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So the Dems in Virginia found a way to nullify the votes of its own citizens? You're telling me that if Virginians vote for Trump, the 13 electoral votes will be to the Democrat anyway if more people in OTHER states preferred the Democrat? Dang. Basically, Virginia is telling its citizens that California and New York will choose the candidate.

Just when you thought Dems couldn't get any more devious.....
No^^^^^.

I don’t think that poster you were replying to above realizes that zero of the provisions in the National Popular Vote Compact have the potential of going into effect until enough state legislatures pass the compact to bring the total electoral votes of those states that have passed the compact to at least 270. So far all of the states whose legislatures have passed the compact add up to 196 electoral votes. If they ever get to 270, there will probably be a challenge in court.

BTW, Virginia and California...and all other states...have residents, not citizens. The U.S. has citizens.

Old 12-08-2019, 05:25 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Fetuses, not babies.

Even if you typed the word babies 100 more times, they’d still be fetuses, not babies .
A fetus is a developing baby and you can't change that reality no matter how much your dimly-lit brain attempts to rationalize otherwise.

Old 12-08-2019, 05:48 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I believe any witness that is under oath, Dem or Pub.

His testimony was not needed. Everything that will go into the articles of impeachment will be based solely on what the witnesses said and other documentary evidence, such as the video of Trump asking China to investigate his political opponent and of Mulvaney saying "yes, there was quid pro quo, get over it".
"I believe any witness that is under oath, Dem or Pub."

Then you believe ALL witness's when asked at the end of the hearings, do you know of any FACTS that.....? ALL remained silent.

Old 12-08-2019, 05:53 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
No^^^^^.

I don’t think that poster you were replying to above realizes that zero of the provisions in the National Popular Vote Compact have the potential of going into effect until enough state legislatures pass the compact to bring the total electoral votes of those states that have passed the compact to at least 270. So far all of the states whose legislatures have passed the compact add up to 196 electoral votes. If they ever get to 270, there will probably be a challenge in court.

BTW, Virginia and California...and all other states...have residents, not citizens. The U.S. has citizens.
Well, that's a relief. Also, as I think about it, the only states that would vote to effectively disenfranchise conservative voters - that would be the effect - would be blue states, as the red states and swing states wouldn't do that.

Also, I referred to Virginia and California's "citizens" because I was thinking in terms of voters. Many of the residents, particularly in the northern suburbs of Virginia, are here illegally.

Old 12-08-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Fair? I’m amazed the word “fair” doesn’t sear the lips off every leftist face that dares mutter the word.

The hard cold reality is, even under the most egregiously UN-FAIR, UN-ENDING politically driven assaults ever committed against a sitting President, there clearly has been no impeachable offense identified by the rampaging lunatics on the left! Just as was the case in the Russia Collusion hoax, the Ukraine fraud is just that! A fraud. No Collusion, no bribery, no QPQ, no obstruction, no ANYTHING other than a President doing what Presidents ought to be doing, which is to put America first. This is PRECISELY why the “Globalists” hate Trump.

The part you don’t “get” covers a lot of territory .... let’s go over some of it ....

Other than baseless claims from clearly biased individuals who could offer no direct knowledge or any material fact, you “believe” there was a QPQ, obviously not because of evidence, but because you want to believe it. While none of the witnesses called on by democrats had any first hand knowledge of the alleged QPQ, the alleged parties involved, Trump and the Ukraine President, both insist there was no such thing. Now I can understand how someone might reject the claims of an alleged “perpetrator” in his own defense, but I don’t know how you can ignore the claims of the alleged “victim” (Ukraine President) when he insists no such QPQ or any type of pressure occurred. Furthermore, the evidence after the fact supports the claim of the Ukraine President, and Trump, because Ukraine received the aid, and the meeting, without having to do anything suggested in the alleged QPQ. These are material facts, and as such, only highlights the fraud being perpetrated by the Democrats as a baseless political assault, and the REAL abuse of power occurring here.

No, there is not one shred of evidence or fact that suggests either. I find the suggestion to be absurd in the extreme. The truth is, our “National Security” is far and away more secure under the Trump Administration than would have been under Clinton, who compromised national security in ways we cannot even begin to measure, by her negligent handling of volumes of classified material (the contents of which, or the impact we do not know) with her unsecure, hackable, private server. And I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that this “mishandling” of classified material was incompetence or accidental!! It’s not unreasonable to consider the possibility that Clinton deliberately used that server unsecured server as the drop location for information purchased by foreign entities, for which payments in the Billions were funneled to her via the Clinton Foundation!

Looking forward, the same icould be said of a potential Biden administration, given the PROVABLE huge sums of Money both Joe and his son Hunter have already received from not just Ukraine, but China too, while Joe was Obama’s VP. And we have VIDEO of Joe Biden bragging about how he pressured Ukraine into firing the prosecutor investigating Hunter Biden’s employer, in a DIRECT threat of withholding a Billion dollars in US AID. (the very crime the democrats insist that Trump has committed) The obvious question here is HOW a reasonable or sane person can ignore that blatant extortion committed by Joe Biden, while embracing the baseless allegations leveled against Trump? It’s pure lunacy.

I would further point out something that I have not heard anyone else even mention or address .... that point being how it could be considered wise foreign diplomacy to have virtually half of the United States Congress and it’s high ranking members, ALL OF THEM... calling the leader of our supposed ally, the Ukraine President a God Damn “liar”? This of course is precisely what the democrats are all doing when they insist there was a QPQ, when that Ukraine President himself insists there was not! Explain to us the benefit of calling the President of Ukraine a liar, and how that furthers our national security interests?

While you’re at it, explain to us how it serves our national security interests to have a congress that has done nothing over the past three years other than undermine the President in every conceivable way, from attempting to thwart his efforts in securing our borders, to the absurd and endless allegations of him being a Russian puppet? This display of disunity within the US government broadcasts to all our enemies (and friends) a clear sign of weakness, not strength, and a complete absence of integrity inside the US Government.

Let me explain it to you .... we do not see the ghosts you apparently do, nor do we recognize the legitimacy of these so called “blunders” you fail to specify. We reject the baseless allegations that are obviously politically motivated and manufactured by overtly hostile and biased sources, who first began chanting “impeachment” before Trump was even sworn into office! Furthermore, we recognize the obvious motive behind the endless and ongoing quest by the democrats to find something ... ANYTHING ... to justify their corrupt efforts to reverse the results of the 2016 election. Not only does this undermine the global image of the United States, but in so doing, is a DIRECT ATTEMPT to subvert the very democratic election process the fraudsters claim Trump is guilty of manipulating, in their efforts to remove him from office, and rendering the votes of 65 Million Americans who voted for Donal Trump, null and void!

Anyone with even a minimal amount of common sense can easily see the “Orwellian” nature of what the democrat criminals are up to here. While claiming to be defending the constitution from the tyrant in the Oval Office, they have relentlessly violated that constitution at every turn. While claiming to be defending the democratic process from Trump’s efforts to manipulate it, they are in fact hellbent on subverting that process altogether by trying to remove Trump from office, rather than face him in the 2020 election. The reason is as clear as glass .... these criminals know that they have ZERO CHANCE of beating Trump in 2020. No chance. So, they must remove him by other means. That is what is happening here. Nothing more than that.

First of all, you, and most of your unhinged and uneducated leftists need a lesson in civics .... the US House of Representatives DO NOT DICTATE US foreign policy! That power resides in the EXECUTIVE BRANCH, i.e., the President, and Commander-In-Cheif. Nancy Pelosi does not have a say because she was not elected to office by the national electorate, but only by the local lunatics in her California district. She does not speak for the nation at large, but speaks only for her small constituency. Get it?

Secondly, the idea that the delay in aid, which was delayed only by days, not weeks or months, somehow weakened Ukraine and strengthened Russia is pure hyperbole, having no basis in reality. But even more importantly, the actual truth is that the critically needed military hardware so sought after by Ukraine was indeed delivered to them by Trump ..... hardware that was denied them by Obama. So Ukraine is actually far more secure than under Obama, which is the complete opposite of your absurd assessments.
EXCELLENT post and I doubt you will get much "common sense" replies from about it from our friends on the left.

Attacks, yes. Meaningful discussion, NO!

Old 12-08-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Fetuses, not babies.

Just heard some state is considering, "if it has a heart beat, it IS a human being"

Old 12-08-2019, 06:07 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Just heard some state is considering, "if it has a heart beat, it IS a human being"
Which state?

But actually, if the state is referring to the point at which a doctor can hear the fetus's heartbeat through a fetoscope, that's usually around 18 weeks - or approaching the 4th month. I'd say that is a good cut-off, with exceptions for the health of the mother (or fetus) after that.

Old 12-08-2019, 06:10 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The House proceeding was a biased witch-hunt in which liberals trotted out anti-Trump haters to make him look as bad as possible - rather than a true investigation of the facts.

I hope the impeachment does make it to the Senate where the American people will have the full picture presented. At that stage, the Dems can no longer prevent Republicans from calling their witnesses.

(Also, OP....to call only those Republicans who agree with you "thinking" is another display of liberal arrogance.)
But the American people will NOT get "the full picture" because the president has not honored congressional subpoenas for witnesses and documents under the the claim of "absolute immunity".
For him, Congress the constitution and the rule of law are nothing but irritating factors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies