Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 09:02 AM

25,568 posts, read 17,275,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
So far not one GOP member has brought forward contradicting information to prove Trump's innocence. They continue to whine about the process because they have no defense for the Con in Chief.
Trump provided a transcript.
Republicans agreed that is what he said.
Democrats did, too.
The House should vote. Accept the results.
Then send it to the senate. And accept the results.

Or is that too much to ask?

Old 12-06-2019, 09:05 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Conservatives don’t care about any of these charges though.

1) Build the wall
2) Appoint pro-life, pro-traditional marriage, pro-Christian judges
3) Keep DemonRATS our of public office.

Nothing else matters to conservatives other than those things.
it's amazing that you know everything about a group of people to which you don't belong.

It'd be like me claiming I knew what women want. ALL women - no differing opinions among them allowed.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:08 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
it's amazing that you know everything about a group of people to which you don't belong.

It'd be like me claiming I knew what women want. ALL women - no differing opinions among them allowed.
I was a Republican up until around 2014 and a Christian up until Trump won the 2016 election (that was my last straw with religion, though I had been backsliding for a while). I know the Trump base VERY well. My father is a Baptist pastor.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:10 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,583 times
Quote:
So far not one GOP member has brought forward contradicting information to prove Trump's innocence. They continue to whine about the process because they have no defense for the Con in Chief.
There's no evidence proving he's guilty of any crime or even wrongdoing.... in America there is a presumption of innocence so there's no need to prove it, innocence is the default assumption.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:12 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Hitting that Happy Hour early I see.

TDS has been know to lead to heavy drinking problems. Careful.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:14 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude24 View Post
I am Independent and losing interest more all of the time in anything political, but really wish each "side" was so biased. Before any of this mess started I was appalled when we had promised (under Obama) to assist the Ukraine with their security and rebuilding, but silently sat on our hands while Russia invaded and seized Crimea. We were the only nation on earth that could have influenced that and we did nothing. It was devastating to Ukraine, but gave Russia a major strategic port. Later Obama offered assistance in cleaning up their extreme corruption. That led to the investigation of Burisma, considered one of the worst offenders. That investigation is still unresolved. It was halted by Biden who promised to withhold 1 billion $ in already approved aid, unless the investigator was fired.

I'm not a fan of Trump, but I am a proponent of Justice. Why is one incident disregarded, but the other is cause for impeachment?

The day before the 2016 election I said out loud, "The Republicans picked the only person that couldn't beat Hilary Clinton". The next day I admitted I was wrong; the Democrats picked the only person that couldn't beat Trump.
To the bold text. I'm not a Republican or Democrat, and Trump annoys me, and he says and does things I think are simply not meeting with my expectations of what proper presidential behavior should be. I too am a person who believes in blind justice, equal and fair treatment under the law.

However, the constant hate filled barrage against Trump, culminating with the end of the Mueller investigation has pushed me further into the Republican side. I constantly find myself defending Trump, from unfair treatment, distortions and outright lies and misrepresentation of the facts by the news media and Trump's, seemingly deranged, political opponents.

I don't see how a non objective witness to Joe Biden admitting to blackmailing Ukraine to fire the prosecutor investigating his son's former boss, would not be viewed with outright suspicions of possible corruption and abuses of power.

The evidence is that Biden admitted to using Congressional aid to blackmail Ukraine, and the Democrats and news media either dismissive or indifferent to it.

There is no evidence, it's only assumed by Trump's opponents that he sought to investigate Biden for purely personal reasons, and yet the same people who dismissed Biden, seek to impeach Trump.

Factual evidence that an event took place is the basic requirement for any impeachment proceeding, not opinion based upon rumor and conjecture.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Laugh if you like, but a fair trial would include the testimony of Mick Mulvaney, John Bolton, and Rudy Giuliani, and when it's televised the Democrats will be asking questions also. Sixty seven votes are required to convict and you are probably right about the count since the Republicans are circling like so many water buffalo around their young.
there went the fairness.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:17 AM

11,776 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:

1) Build the wall

How untrue that is! I'm a conservative Democrat and yes I want to see the wall, I'm pro-life but don't want abortion used as contraception which I see happening, I could give a rat's a** about marriage - I want to see people happy - no matter the race or gender and yes - I do want to keep the far left out of office and see responsible Democrats who will serve the people and not special interests being elected.

This campaign to oust Trump started even before he was elected by the Dems and it's horrible the lengths they go just because it wasn't Hillary so I do believe this is all a sham.

There aare many conservative Democrats out there like myself who detest what the Democratic party is doing and what they have evolved into - it's not only conservative Republicans and it's best you remember that as it's those of us that are the reason Trump is President. Keep up with the games and we'll vote for him again - many out of spite that the party is a mess.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I was a Republican up until around 2014 and a Christian up until Trump won the 2016 election (that was my last straw with religion, though I had been backsliding for a while). I know the Trump base VERY well. My father is a Baptist pastor.
Jesus spoke to you and said "don't believe in me anymore"?

that's a new level of absurdity.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:25 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times
Quote:

1) Build the wall

We don’t all agree on number one. While we all agree on tough border and immigration policies we don’t all agree the wall will work. On number 2 and 3 we definitely agree. The decay of our nation at the hands of leftists must be stopped so yes I think we all agree that keeping leftists from power is a key goal we all share.

This impeachment is an effort to further the leftist/Marxist cause in America. Even if Trump had killed someone in front of the White House I would still not support his removal from office because it would aid the leftists in their evil cause. I do not like Trump, he is a disgrace to us and an embarrassment to the country but he is a much lesser evil than the leftist enemies of our country would place on the throne to rule over us. I will do nothing to aid these traitors to our country and for that reason I will without hesitation go to the polls and vote for Trump in 2020 in spite of the fact that I actually despise the man Trump is. The evil the leftists are is so much more of a threat to our freedoms and way of life than anything Trump May say or do. Trump at the least has our national interest in mind and many of his ideas are correct. My beef with him is his un presidential demeanor, his questionable personal and business life and his inability to effectively carry out his good ideas. ( border security, healthcare reform for example)

I would rather watch this nation burn to the ground than to see the leftist traitors ruin what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies