Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 10:18 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
If you can't figure out why he is being impeached perhaps you are part of the "uneducated" that Trump says he loves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
This is not about the Democrats or Republicans winning or losing, it is about the American people and our Republic. I don't care if Trump is not voted out of office. What I care about is the truth coming out, which means forcing the members of his Administration who Trump has blocked, to testify. Let the chips fall where they may - perhaps they will exonerate him, perhaps not. But the American people need to hear from them, particularly Bolton, Mulvaney, and Pompeo.
Nope. I’m not voting for Crazy Dems no matter how much you guilt me into it

Old 12-06-2019, 10:26 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
This is not about the Democrats or Republicans winning or losing, it is about the American people and our Republic. I don't care if Trump is not voted out of office. What I care about is the truth coming out, which means forcing the members of his Administration who Trump has blocked, to testify. Let the chips fall where they may - perhaps they will exonerate him, perhaps not. But the American people need to hear from them, particularly Bolton, Mulvaney, and Pompeo.
Before we demand to hear from Bolton, Mulvaney, and Pompeo, we first need evidence of a crime. We currently do not have anything in the form of evidence.

This is like the Russian collusion investigation. People assumed the opinion that Trump might have colluded with Russians, and we spent three years investigating Trump and associates. We taxpayers spent millions of dollars, and millions more were spent on legal fees by the people paying legal fees for appearing under oath to testify.

If the Russian collusion investigation should have taught us anything, it's that we need concrete evidence first and foremost, before we demand the President prove he is not guilty as accused. Conjecture, assumptions, opinions and rumors are not sufficient.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:39 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,222,351 times
Default New Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
If HIllary won the electoral college and Trump Won the popular vote and Hillary was elected democrats would be praising the genius of the electoral college, but it worked against them so it’s not fair.

Actually it would be an electoral rout. There are currently 196 electoral votes who have been pledged to the popular vote winner. They are almost all blue states.

Here is the link: https://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

Old 12-06-2019, 12:48 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Over the last few weeks I've had the privilege to watch legal scholars, career diplomats and a decorated war veteran make the case for impeachment. Yesterday morning I watched the Speaker of the House take the next step in the impeachment process.

The President will be charged with:
1. Abuse of power for personal gain
2. Compromising National Security
3. Obstruction of justice

I ask that all Republicans call or email their senators and request that a fair impeachment trial of the President be conducted in early 2020.
not sure what you were watching. I saw a one sided nasty affair where democrats posted up a bunch of people who said a lot of things that were pure opinion and nary a word of actual evidence of any wrong doing whatsoever.

I saw a decorated military fellow step well outside the lines and act in a manner that embarrassed me as a fellow veteran who served in Desert Strom.

I saw a "legal expert" who also has said some of the nastiest things possible about the President, who invoked the mans son in a gratuitous unnecessary personal attack... who has bragged about crossing the street to avoid the horror of walking past a Trump hotel.

and democrats considered her an unbiased expert on the subject.

as a THINKING AMERICAN. my thoughts are on how far the progressive left has falling. how disgusting democrats in congress have become and how utterly bigoted and hate filled they are.

You better believe i want democrats to impeach. You better believe i want a trial. I want Pelosi to testify to the abuse of power she has done. I want to see Adam Schiff to give sworn testimony as to his role in the actions of the person he calls a whistle blower.

I want both Biden's under oath.

I want all of America subjected to facing up to the actions of a dirty corrupt democrat party that has worked day and night to create a Coup.

lets get this show on the road!

Old 12-06-2019, 12:50 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Interesting response.

From the OP, we don't even know which side they support, just that they are asking for a "fair trial".
If you support or don't support impeachment, you should want a fair trial. I will rep the OP for the request, assuming I am allowed.

Partisanship happens on both sides. Certainly, the Dems are driven by the fact that we believe this POTUS is unethical and bad for our country. So it is valid to say we come at him with a negative bias, but just because we don't like him, his policy or our perception of his ethics, DOES NOT mean he is not guilty (or innocent) of all those things. Hence the need for a FAIR trail.

Here's the part I don't get:
R's defend him at all costs. D's go after him at all costs. I got it.
But no matter if you like him or not. No matter if you think he was "Quid Pro Quo" (I do), the FACT is that he withheld approved funding for a country that needs the defense. In doing so, he exposed their vulnerabilities, he enhanced Russian power over a helpless ally, and ultimately he weakened US security in the process. So, let's assume for a minute that you think he didn't INTENTIONALLY QPQ. He still, by way of circumnavigating US policy, and then lying about it, weakened the US position. That much is black and white here, and it's a pattern that he repeated over and over again.

So, whether via impeachment, or 25th, is there not a case this POTUS is incompetent, if not flat-out criminal? Does the fact that he repeatedly (for whatever reason) compromises the security of our country not justify the need to get him out of office, if for no other reason than to maintain our national security?

I guess it is rhetorical, because we've already seen the answers of all. Those who support him disagree, and those who don't support him want him out. That much is partisan, I get it.

But for the life of me, I don't understand why his supporters are not AT LEAST demanding that he learn from his biggest blunders, why they don't hold him accountable (even if not via removal), so that he doesn't keep making the same mistakes.

How do you justify that he circumnavigated PUBLISHED policy by withholding the funds, which resulted in:
1. the weakening of an ally (Ukraine)
2. the strengthening of a foe (Russia)
3. The degredation of US Security.

At least, don't you want him to stop doing that?
The funds/aid were delivered to the Ukraine weeks early (September 30th deadline). So, no, none of that happened.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:55 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,212,399 times
Quote:
How do you justify that he circumnavigated PUBLISHED policy by withholding the funds, which resulted in:
1. the weakening of an ally (Ukraine)
2. the strengthening of a foe (Russia)
3. The degredation of US Security.

this is the dem strategy as of today (early afternoon - subject to change at a moments notice based on polling) - say that Russia benefited. more course changes by the dems than the Mississippi river.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And the evidence of those charges is......

Opinion, speculation, conjecture and presumptions do not count as evidence.

The evidence is a sequence of events when brought together are criminal. The "perfect" phone call when combined with the other events was far less than perfect.
Since Bolton, Mulvaney, and others lawyered up rather than testify, I offer you this as the reason for insufficient evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK9OgXRDXxs

Old 12-06-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
not sure what you were watching. I saw a one sided nasty affair where democrats posted up a bunch of people who said a lot of things that were pure opinion and nary a word of actual evidence of any wrong doing whatsoever.

I saw a decorated military fellow step well outside the lines and act in a manner that embarrassed me as a fellow veteran who served in Desert Strom.

I saw a "legal expert" who also has said some of the nastiest things possible about the President, who invoked the mans son in a gratuitous unnecessary personal attack... who has bragged about crossing the street to avoid the horror of walking past a Trump hotel.

and democrats considered her an unbiased expert on the subject.

as a THINKING AMERICAN. my thoughts are on how far the progressive left has falling. how disgusting democrats in congress have become and how utterly bigoted and hate filled they are.

You better believe i want democrats to impeach. You better believe i want a trial. I want Pelosi to testify to the abuse of power she has done. I want to see Adam Schiff to give sworn testimony as to his role in the actions of the person he calls a whistle blower.

I want both Biden's under oath.

I want all of America subjected to facing up to the actions of a dirty corrupt democrat party that has worked day and night to create a Coup.

lets get this show on the road!

If your main source of news is Fox, then you will never get the facts, only biased and leading questions.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:00 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
So did any thinking Republicans post?

Old 12-06-2019, 01:01 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Laugh if you like, but a fair trial would include the testimony of Mick Mulvaney, John Bolton, and Rudy Giuliani, and when it's televised the Democrats will be asking questions also. Sixty seven votes are required to convict and you are probably right about the count since the Republicans are circling like so many water buffalo around their young.
Yes, you would think Trump would want witnesses who would clear him and relate exactly what truly happened. But he doesn't want them to testify. Odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies