Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has any US President acted LESS Presidential?
Yes 116 35.47%
No 185 56.57%
Maybe 26 7.95%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 07:20 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Has any US President acted LESS Presidential?

Nope

Fifteen years ago, we felt Dubya was unpresidential. And we were right about that. His deliberate campaign of disinformation to manufacture support for his oil war was verging on criminal.

But considering tRump's shenanigans, Dubya is an honorable statesman in comparison.

It ain't even close.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 07:22 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Go copy this message on the white board 100 times; "The economy isn't tied to a president . Don't vote for a president based on the economy."
I'm sure if the economy was not doing well, or that unemployment was rising, that Trump's opponents would be blaming him. You are naive if you think otherwise.

Old 01-28-2020, 07:25 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Maybe they can put Trump on the $20 bill instead! That would enrage lefties to no end every time they go to use cash!!! That would be so EPIC LOL!!!
Apparently you haven't heard the news. There's a newly designed bill coming out with Trump's mug on it but it isn't the twenty.

Old 01-28-2020, 07:25 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
This is the point I've tried to make. EVERY president, if subject to the same degree of scrutiny and hate-filled witch-hunts as the far-left is waging on Trump, would have been impeached. Never before have we seen the opposing party go after the winner of an election, year after year after year, with this degree of venom - determined to dig up some dirt, any dirt, on him with which to impeach him. The fact that this is all the lefties could come up with after years of manufactured conspiracy theories tells me that Trump is, in fact, pretty clean. Certainly cleaner than "more flexibility with Russia" Obama!

Trump 2020.
I know. They have been investigating Trump with a fine toothed comb, even before he was sworn into office, and the worst dirt they have on him is him seeking to look into possible corrupt activity by the Bidens?

If Trump had been doing stuff like Joe Biden did, then I might understand all the uproar. Joe Biden actually did this stuff, and none of the dems attacking Trump could give a rat's ass.

How five members of Joe Biden’s family got rich through his connections

Ever since Biden became Vice President, he used the power and influence of his office to enrich his family members.

Last edited by Wapasha; 01-28-2020 at 07:34 AM..

Old 01-28-2020, 02:20 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Andrew Jackson for numerous transgressions against congress and against common good behavior.

Actually, Trump has done pretty well. But a lot of people would prefer he "acted Presidential" as opposed to governing effectively. That's the whole purpose of this thread. Thankfully, Trump is just going to do what is best for America. Liberals should just get out of the way.
I am in the midst of reading American Lion by John Meacham. In many respects Trump is a Jackson knockoff. For both good and bad things.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:15 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
... than our current US President?

If so, who?
Liar Obama.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:17 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
... than our current US President?

If so, who?
No. Never. It's not even close. Trump is the biggest embarrassment to ever sit in the Oval Office.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:29 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Trump is the least Presidential pile of trash ever in American history. But, he's also trying to keep his campaign promises, and getting things done (that I want/like, maybe not you), which hasn't happened since Regan.

I hold my nose, and hope someone who is as effective (to do what I want done, maybe not you) as Trump comes along next time who looks, and acts, the part. I'm not hopeful. I hate lifetime politicians...ALL corrupt both sides.

When push comes to shove, I'll take results (that I like, maybe not you) over appearences. Maybe someday, I'll get both, but it hasn't happened in a long time. Hillary was a horrendous alternative.

Doing what you say you'll do, or at least showing an honest effort, is important to me. Trumps passed that test (to me, maybe not you).

Old 01-28-2020, 10:03 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Trump is the least Presidential pile of trash ever in American history. But, he's also trying to keep his campaign promises, and getting things done (that I want/like, maybe not you), which hasn't happened since Regan.

I hold my nose, and hope someone who is as effective (to do what I want done, maybe not you) as Trump comes along next time who looks, and acts, the part. I'm not hopeful. I hate lifetime politicians...ALL corrupt both sides.

When push comes to shove, I'll take results (that I like, maybe not you) over appearences. Maybe someday, I'll get both, but it hasn't happened in a long time. Hillary was a horrendous alternative.

Doing what you say you'll do, or at least showing an honest effort, is important to me. Trumps passed that test (to me, maybe not you).
I think he has kept some of his campaign promises. And that is unique in modern politics. I can understand why many people support him because of that, but at the same time, he really is human garbage. He lies, he steals, he cheats, he's insecure, he's a misogynist, he's a bigot, he's a coward, he basically embodies everything I have raised my children not to be. I'll be glad when he's gone from office and we are finally rid of the sniveling man-baby that throws tantrums on Twitter.

Good God... He literally thrown tantrums on Twitter. Think about it.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:13 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Nope

Fifteen years ago, we felt Dubya was unpresidential. And we were right about that. His deliberate campaign of disinformation to manufacture support for his oil war was verging on criminal.
That's ridiculous. The war had nothing to do with oil, and W wasn't doing the disinformation. That was the province of the NYT, NBC, et al. The PNACers probably hoodwinked Bush just as much as they hoodwinked the general public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies