Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has any US President acted LESS Presidential?
Yes 116 35.47%
No 185 56.57%
Maybe 26 7.95%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 12:09 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Got links about that bribery and scandals? Did I miss Obama's impeachment over that somehow?
Good luck with that. Links will never be provided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2019, 12:13 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Jefferson opened the doors the white house and let animals roam free. He didn't wear the formal dress of his day.... in modern terms he would be showing up in a tee shirt and jeans.

Grant got drunk and fell down pretty regularly. i mean stupid sloppy drunk.

in modern terms. FDR kept a girlfriend during his entire time as president. (it should be noted that his wife kept a girlfriend as well).

JFK was screwing anything that moved while he was in office. in todays terms he was the meetoo devil.

LBJ was a foul mouth ass that hacked off everyone. he forced his menions to follow him to the bathroom while he did is business.... while he was conducting presidential business.

Washington, Jefferson, Madison and Monroe ALL conducted personal/private business WHILE president. they maintained a desk in their presidential offices where they did private business.

Washington actually did some land speculation by purchasing land IN the area of the proposed new capital that would become Washington DC. He bought land from the government while running the government.

"act presidential"?

i could do this all day long.

i could also point out some really nice presidential presidents.... like Jimmy Carter.... who sucked at being president. i mean really really sucked.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:14 PM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
... than our current US President?

If so, who?
John Adams
John Q Adams
Warren G Harding
Andrew Jackson
Andrew Johnson
James Buchanan

Just off the top of my head.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:21 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
LBJ was a war monger, corrupt and a total sell out to the people who sell War Machinery.
He got 55,000 good young men killed for no good reason.

That's who.

And as a Texan I'm disgusted to say that.

The older I get the more I've changed my mind that maybe JFK was taken out by the CIA or the Power Brokers. Who the hell knows.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:26 PM

in modern terms Trump has certainly not acted Presidential.
He has not taken the shots that have come from his political opponents on the chin. He has stuck back. Trump has even active rather vindictive and thin skinned when dealing with those that has taken gratuitous liberties with him. That is in no manner. "Presidential". It is however something his supporters LIKE about him.

Trump has stated that he expects nations that we give large sums of money to, to act in a way that is supportive of American interest. This is certainly unlike former presidents of both parties going back at least 50 years.

He has engaged rogue nations directly. past administrations have either given the bad guys things (Clinton with N.Korea) or simply not engaged.

His approach to China is vastly different from American foreign policy used by both parties that have simply sat back and let the Chinese do whatever they wanted.

There are any number of things one can point at Trump and say he isn't "Presidential". those points are valid points for debate but they aren't things that are outside what a large number of Americans want. Trump is a disrupter. He doesn't approach anything the way others have done. He creates some degree of chaos on purpose because that's a strategy to achieve a set of goals.

so while Trump may very well challenge established norms. one cannot say he has failed to achieve specific goals he set. In fact, he has done more "living up to" his campaign promises than any recent president.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
John Adams
John Q Adams
Warren G Harding
Andrew Jackson
Andrew Johnson
James Buchanan

Just off the top of my head.
John Adams, Alien and Sedition Act.... then and now that was/is considered not only unpresidential, but also un-American.

Andrew Jackson absolutely destroyed the Federal banking system.

agree.... those are just a couple of things that we could point to that are far less "presidential"

Old 12-06-2019, 12:44 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Jackson, Johnson (waiving his Johnson at reporters), Harrison, Grant, Polk, Clinton, some say Kennedy, How many do you need?

Old 12-06-2019, 12:49 PM

i think i am declaring this a thread fail

Old 12-06-2019, 12:51 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
... than our current US President?

If so, who?
Obama, of course.

He often dressed like a slob while in the White House, bowed to foreign powers, insulted the US while he was abroad, and played favorites to different special interest groups.

Obama was the closest thing we will ever have to a corrupt, Sub Saharan war lord in the office.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:51 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Has any President done as well for the country like Trump, especially with Jobs and the Economy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies