Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has any US President acted LESS Presidential?
Yes 116 35.47%
No 185 56.57%
Maybe 26 7.95%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 01:46 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire
Maybe they can put Trump on the $20 bill instead! That would enrage lefties to no end every time they go to use cash!!! That would be so EPIC LOL!!!
Do you actually care what is happening in our government or do you vote with the sole purpose of rubbing it in liberal's faces? Do you have any actual values and beliefs or is it all about putting it to the Democrats? You are a perfect example of why our society and our government isn't functional. Instead of concentrating on the issues and topics at hand you would rather make it partisan no matter what the debate is.

What is odd is I know several people that have similar beliefs as you. They don't care if Trump or the Republican Senate getting anything accomplished just as long as they are sticking it to the Democrats. On the other hand I have quite a few Democrat friends that only want things to work correctly. They also don't immediately throw out insults if they are losing a debate or argument. I see insults fly out of Trumpers when they know they are wrong. For some reason you all can't admit when you are wrong.

Trump is not presidential whatsoever. Trump is a whole category of his own and it is not good for our nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2019, 01:51 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,650 times
I think even Trump would admit he's not a politician which in some ways is refreshing.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:54 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james bond 007 View Post
guess what? Obama added 250k+ jobs many times. So i hope you agree he was very presidential.
boom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I think even Trump would admit he's not a politician which in some ways is refreshing.
He’s a politician on steroids. Lies to the cameras and is obsessed with his image. Lots of promises not kept.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:56 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Declare away. As I write this, my poll's about even.
there is no accounting for TDS.

as a one who is trained in the social science of history, I approach the question from an unbiased approach, leaning heavily on the historic record.

You actually asked a question that, while subjective in nature is informed by factual events. I think more than a few here have pointed to any number of actions by others that drive directly to the heart of the question.

American Presidents do not fit any "presidential" model. They are as varied as their are of them.

From early men who did personal business from their Presidential offices (something Trump would be hung in the public square for doing) to running farm animals loose in the house!

what Trump is....and something that is unusual in terms of Presidential history, is his commitment to disruption. He is a committed disrupter. if anything defines him it is that.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Guess what? Obama added 250K+ jobs many times. So I hope you agree he was very presidential.
not a hard thing to do with record unemployment and improving economic indicators...

now when the country is already at near full employment and the economy is in a long run of positive results...that's vastly different.

according to Jim Cramer... no fan of Trump, these numbers are "real" and the best they have been in our lifetimes. i can agree that being great at economic expansion does not make Trump "presidential". It does drive to an argument that the notion of "presidential" is silly and useless and in the context of this tread where solid historic evidence has been provided that show any number of Presidents were "in-presidential" in their own way, it further drives home the point that such an argument is just vapid whining by Trump-deranged individuals.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:59 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
not a hard thing to do with record unemployment and improving economic indicators...

now when the country is already at near full employment and the economy is in a long run of positive results...that's vastly different.

according to Jim Cramer... no fan of Trump, these numbers are "real" and the best they have been in our lifetimes.
If nothing else, throughout his life Trump has been consistent in taking credit for successes he did little to create.

Old 12-06-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
If nothing else, throughout his life Trump has been consistent in taking credit for successes he did little to create.
sure. anyone who has made 4 billion dollars did so on roads Barak Obama built i suppose.
TDSmuch?

Old 12-06-2019, 02:04 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Exhibit A

Mr. "I did not have sexual relations with that woman". And he said it right there in the White House with Hillary standing right beside him. LAWL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMu-2tXfPQI

Old 12-06-2019, 02:05 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
sure. anyone who has made 4 billion dollars did so on roads Barak Obama built i suppose.
TDSmuch?
Who made $4 billion? Certainly not the guy who would have made far more money if he had parked his inherited fortune in a passive index tracking fund than playing at real estate tycoon.

Old 12-06-2019, 02:08 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,417,858 times
The wording of your question shows a bias agenda and is void......sorry loser
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies