Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 09:15 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
If libs think we should not enforce immigration laws, we should not enforce gun control laws they pass.
Yes. If they can have their Sanctuary towns/cities/states then why can't gun owners also have the same protections that illegal aliens are given?

The thing is when an illegal alien breaks the law, is arrested, goes before a liberal judge that ushers him out the back door when ICE is waiting for him at the front (it happened in Mass.) then why can't the Rights of law abiding citizens be protected?

I am all for arresting and prosecuting someone that uses a gun in a commission of a crime but to criminalize someone for merely owning a gun or a certain type of gun is anti American.

The thing is though he can deputize hundreds or even thousands of gun owners but what is going to happen when the Gov. comes calling? Will the deputies stand firm in the street clutching their guns? Will there be a skirmish where shots are exchanged?
Holding a gun is a Right but shooting someone is a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2019, 09:18 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Or it is a sneaky way of registering gun owners.
Shortly after Obamacare was enacted, I had my annual check-up, and the med tech was looking at her computer, reading out questions. One was if I owned a gun. When I objected to that (on principle, since I don’t have a gun), she said it was part of Obamacare. Sneaky way for Obama to identify gun owners.

Old 12-07-2019, 09:21 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Team Red falling for the lie that your rights come from government again.

Old 12-07-2019, 09:53 AM

5,102 posts, read 2,047,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I like this guy.
+1 and there should be more guys like him unlike some former sheriff from Broward County in Florida.

Old 12-07-2019, 10:43 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Yes. If they can have their Sanctuary towns/cities/states then why can't gun owners also have the same protections that illegal aliens are given?

The thing is when an illegal alien breaks the law, is arrested, goes before a liberal judge that ushers him out the back door when ICE is waiting for him at the front (it happened in Mass.) then why can't the Rights of law abiding citizens be protected?

I am all for arresting and prosecuting someone that uses a gun in a commission of a crime but to criminalize someone for merely owning a gun or a certain type of gun is anti American.

The thing is though he can deputize hundreds or even thousands of gun owners but what is going to happen when the Gov. comes calling? Will the deputies stand firm in the street clutching their guns? Will there be a skirmish where shots are exchanged?
Holding a gun is a Right but shooting someone is a crime.
"The thing is though he can deputize hundreds or even thousands of gun owners", and call them the "Militia"!

"but what is going to happen when the Gov. comes calling?" Who is the gov going to bring with him?

Most State police are for the 2nd amendment. The National guard? The same thing.

Old 12-07-2019, 10:45 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Go ahead lefties... Try and snatch our guns... The only way you will get them is out of our cold dead hands, and the lazy left is too lazy to dig that many body pits to hide the evidence. I thought the left was nuts before, but they are going to get the favor returned to them 10 fold if they ever forcefully try to disarm our citizens en mass.

They would have to do it county by county, and I have a feeling many rural communities will find creative ways to skirt the law, or even override it. This sheriff has a bright idea, and if it were to work, it would easily catch on in hundreds of counties across America. Bloomturd is an elitist, and he has no idea how people live in rural communities, and how committed they are to defying know it all elitist city dwellers. It's quite literally in their DNA.
I disagree that people would fight back if govt ever tried to pull a mass confiscation or something similar, I believe 99.9% of people would fully comply and obey as soon as it became law.

Look at how compliant people were as soon as the law on full automatics took effect! There are no groups trying to fight this law, not even today, many years after it was passed...heck, even the NRA instructs people to OBEY and COMPLY!!

Old 12-07-2019, 10:51 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I disagree that people would fight back if govt ever tried to pull a mass confiscation or something similar, I believe 99.9% of people would fully comply and obey as soon as it became law.

Look at how compliant people were as soon as the law on full automatics took effect! There are no groups trying to fight this law, not even today, many years after it was passed...heck, even the NRA instructs people to OBEY and COMPLY!!
What guns? I don't have any guns.

Old 12-07-2019, 12:35 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Liberal Democrats to hundreds of thousands of people in the state " we passed a law you have to turn your guns in"

the hundreds of thousands of people reply to the liberal Democrats " not gonna do it! pizz off"

https://hudsonvalleyone.com/2016/07/...with-safe-act/

quote:

That data shows massive noncompliance with the assault weapon registration requirement. Based on an estimate from the National Shooting Sports Federation, about 1 million firearms in New York State meet the law’s assault-weapon criteria, but just 44,000 have been registered. That’s a compliance rate of about 4 percent. Capanna said that the high rate of noncompliance with the law could only be interpreted as a large-scale civil disobedience, given the high level of interest and concern about the law on the part of gun owners

Old 12-07-2019, 01:23 PM

5,102 posts, read 2,047,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Liberal Democrats to hundreds of thousands of people in the state " we passed a law you have to turn your guns in"

the hundreds of thousands of people reply to the liberal Democrats " not gonna do it! pizz off"

https://hudsonvalleyone.com/2016/07/...with-safe-act/
That reminds me of the aftermath of Sandy Hook shootings when a Westchester newspaper published a list of gun owners but someone gived a taste of their own medecine by publishing a list of journalists working for that paper who decided to arm themselves or hire security guards. There's some threads on C-D forums about these cases for some flashbacks.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...un-owners.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...un-permit.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies