Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 04:48 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
When the color of one's skin is a choice (as it is with Trump), then yes, it is OK to make fun of it. Just like you can make fun of somebody with a funny hairdo.
Regardless, it seems like a petty thing to mock and as a result reflects more on the "mocker" than the "mockee."

Old 12-07-2019, 04:49 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I don't think it's ever appropriate to make fun of someone's skin color. If someone dyes their hair purple, and I make fun of them, this would be considered offensive and rude.
I disagree. If someone decides to make themselves look ridiculous, they are game to be ridiculed.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:51 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
But MLK said he wanted future generations to be judged based on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Are not democrats passing judgement over the color of Trump's skin? Why can't they respect MLK's wishes?

I don't think it's ever appropriate to make fun of someone's skin color. If someone dyes their hair purple, and I make fun of them, this would be considered offensive and rude, even though the person chose to dye their hair purple.
Well he certainly can be judged on his character.

If a 70 year old president were to dye his hair purple I would expect criticism, or are you saying that Obama would get a pass. Reagan dyed his hair but I don't recall any president dying his skin.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:52 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
I disagree. If someone decides to make themselves look ridiculous, they are game to be ridiculed.

So why is Trump's skin orange anyways? What if it's a medical condition? Would it be totally cool and funny to make fun of his orange skin if it was the result of an aliment that he cannot control? What if it's a side effect from some medicine he takes, or from the lotion or sunscreen he uses?

Quote:
MLK was not referring to people's makeup.

Is this what you have to resort to to try to make some point?

Why can you not distinguish between makeup and natural skin color?

Trump is wearing makeup??? Seems more like a tan, or a reaction with some type of skin care product, sunscreen, etc. Maybe some people turn orange in the sun, I don't know, and frankly, I don't care. I just find it incredibly stupid and ignorant that some people need to resort to making fun of the president's skin color, because it's all they have left. And it does seem like a double standard, when other people's careers are impacted for pointing out the color of some people's skin, but if they made fun of Trump's skin color, that's totally cool and encouraged.

I thought we are all equal and the same here???

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
I'm a Democrat and no Trump fan, but I think I have a different perspective on his use of makeup. I used to work in television. Bright TV lights wash everyone out, so men and women alike need to wear makeup to look more natural on camera. The makeup is more orangey-looking than what you would wear for everyday. The problem with Trump is not that he is using it. There's nothing wrong with wanting to look your best on camera, especially if you are a public figure. And as a former TV reality star, he has probably been using makeup for years. The problem is that he's either using the wrong color or too much.

Quote:
Take Valeria Lukyanova, for example.

Does she make herself look absolutely ridiculous?

Absolutely.

Is it OK to say so?

Absolutely.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Trump is wearing makeup???..
Where on earth have you been for the last 3 or 4 years?

Old 12-07-2019, 04:56 PM

33,540 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
But MLK said he wanted future generations to be judged based on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Are not democrats passing judgement over the color of Trump's skin? Why can't they respect MLK's wishes?

I don't think it's ever appropriate to make fun of someone's skin color. If someone dyes their hair purple, and I make fun of them, this would be considered offensive and rude, even though the person chose to dye their hair purple.
The thing is....Orange is NOT the color of his skin.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:58 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Isn't it inappropriate to poke fun of people based on the color of their skin? A sports announcer was recently suspended for pointing out the color of an African American athlete's skin, and he was suspended. But every day, we sit back and listen to lefties making fun of Trump over the color (orange) of his skin. Is this not a blatant double standard???
That isn't the color of his skin. He uses two bottles of Bronx Colors liquid concealer every day to give him that nice orange glow. It's all over the news. Google it.

Without the toupee and the makeup he's nothing but another pasty faced, bald, fat old man.

Old 12-07-2019, 05:01 PM

26,573 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
So why is Trump's skin orange anyways?

judging from his inverted racoon eyes it's most likely from a spray on tan.

just another physical example of trump's insecurities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies