Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2019, 10:01 AM

3,999 posts, read 4,121,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I guess Horowitz forgot to consult with you and your vast knowledge of what really happened.
You attack me because you know that it's the truth and can't fight the fact.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 10:12 AM

25,406 posts, read 9,689,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
You attack me because you know that it's the truth and can't fight the fact.....
I didn't attack you. I just said you speak as if you know what was what. And that you should share that information with Horowitz. Because he seemed to have left that part out.

Old 12-12-2019, 10:17 AM

28,395 posts, read 16,253,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Page was a CIA informant. After trying to get a FISA on Papadopolous and failing, they went off what Poppy said in a wiretap, that the Russians would be willing to help "us" Carter Page was the only person that ever had contact with Russia. The FBI assumed the bogus Downer tip, was about Carter Page.
The insurance policy was to lie to the court and alter documents, in McCabes Office meeting. In comes the Steel Dossier. Remember the date August 15th, 2016. A lot was going on that day.
I'll repeat myself: Page didn't work for Trump in 2014. Period.

Old 12-12-2019, 10:44 AM

Another big question in my mind after the report yesterday...... Who's in charge of the FISA court? If I've learned correctly, it's SC Justice Roberts? Is that correct? So the guy in charge of a court that got duped will now be a part of the Senate trial for impeachment... Sticky Situation???

Old 12-12-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Another big question in my mind after the report yesterday...... Who's in charge of the FISA court? If I've learned correctly, it's SC Justice Roberts? Is that correct? So the guy in charge of a court that got duped will now be a part of the Senate trial for impeachment... Sticky Situation???
No, not correct.

All of the Federal judges that sit on the FISC currently have been appointed by Justice Roberts, but he isn't "in charge" of the FISC. The presiding judge is currently Rosemary Collyer.

When the court was founded, it was composed of seven federal district judges appointed by the Chief Justice of the United States, each serving a seven-year term, with one judge being appointed each year. In 2001, the USA PATRIOT Act expanded the court from seven to eleven judges, and required that at least three of the Court's judges live within twenty miles (32 km) of the District of Columbia. No judge may be appointed to this court more than once, and no judge may be appointed to both the Court of Review and the FISA court.

Chief Justice John Roberts has appointed all of the current judges.

Old 12-12-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No, not correct.

All of the Federal judges that sit on the FISC currently have been appointed by Justice Roberts, but he isn't "in charge" of the FISC. The presiding judge is currently Rosemary Collyer.

When the court was founded, it was composed of seven federal district judges appointed by the Chief Justice of the United States, each serving a seven-year term, with one judge being appointed each year. In 2001, the USA PATRIOT Act expanded the court from seven to eleven judges, and required that at least three of the Court's judges live within twenty miles (32 km) of the District of Columbia. No judge may be appointed to this court more than once, and no judge may be appointed to both the Court of Review and the FISA court.

Chief Justice John Roberts has appointed all of the current judges.
So hypothetically.... we are having a hearing in the Senate about impeachment. All this FISA abuse starts coming to light and the presiding judge appointed all the judges who were duped doesn't that in fact make him a witness to the procedures?

Old 12-12-2019, 11:04 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,485,388 times
Very good article on how the IG reports frames topics to avoid going into the area of intentions by the FBI and writes it all off as poor procedures and policies

Steele report collusion

Steele report provided the FBI/CIA with fake intel they could launder and Steele in turn used third-parties so he didn't have to answer directly to the credibility or the source of the information.

This is a report on how badly they mangled the investigation because the FBI agent forgot to check that one of their targets was a government informant.

The Hidden Hand

Last edited by lchoro; 12-12-2019 at 11:27 AM..

Old 12-12-2019, 11:25 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,557,818 times
I wonder how well Comey, Lisa Page, Strozk, etc. will be sleeping at night.

The clock is ticking till time of indictments.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
So hypothetically.... we are having a hearing in the Senate about impeachment. All this FISA abuse starts coming to light and the presiding judge appointed all the judges who were duped doesn't that in fact make him a witness to the procedures?
I don't see why. There is no malfeasance by the judges being alleged, only by the creators of the data/reports/applications/whatever that was presented to the judges.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:43 AM

7,264 posts, read 4,172,333 times
Quote:
Very good article on how the IG reports frames topics to avoid going into the area of intentions by the FBI and writes it all off as poor procedures and policies

Steele report collusion

Wow - Rolling Stone magazine article. Pillars of the MSM citadel starting to crumble when the truth comes out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies