Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 10:14 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

The impeachment hoax has done two things. First, as a whole it has continued to make Democrats look like childish, petty losers that are trying desperately to overthrow a fair election. Hell, not even a fair one-one rigged in their favor (and don't whine about a few Facebook ads Russia paid for-the MSM did far more to manipulate the US voter than Russia). And, 2nd-they have killed Joe's chance. His bribery of Ukraine to shut down the investigation into Burisma was dead and buried by the MSM for years. They refused to publish anything about it, and did zero investigative reporting. But when they saw their chance to make a stink about Trump's efforts to root out corruption-they made it front and center, even though they weren't smart enough to figure that out.

This hoax is just one more nail in the coffin of the Democratic party. I do hope they can do something to salvage the party. Throw out the far-left loons that nobody will vote for. Get out the rotting dead wood that has been in office for 30 years. And advance some people with some ideas and integrity. (honestly-that goes for both parties).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2019, 10:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The impeachment hoax has done two things. First, as a whole it has continued to make Democrats look like childish, petty losers that are trying desperately to overthrow a fair election. Hell, not even a fair one-one rigged in their favor (and don't whine about a few Facebook ads Russia paid for-the MSM did far more to manipulate the US voter than Russia). And, 2nd-they have killed Joe's chance. His bribery of Ukraine to shut down the investigation into Burisma was dead and buried by the MSM for years. They refused to publish anything about it, and did zero investigative reporting. But when they saw their chance to make a stink about Trump's efforts to root out corruption-they made it front and center, even though they weren't smart enough to figure that out.

This hoax is just one more nail in the coffin of the Democratic party. I do hope they can do something to salvage the party. Throw out the far-left loons that nobody will vote for. Get out the rotting dead wood that has been in office for 30 years. And advance some people with some ideas and integrity. (honestly-that goes for both parties).
You guys can cite polls until the sky falls. Nothing is gonna stop the inevitable. Trump committed a crime, and it must be demonstrated that his behavior is unacceptable. If this were Obama, you’d be all over the impeachment train. We both know it.

The polls or the upcoming election aren’t that important. Trump needs this impeachment tattoo, and he’s gonna get it. If that hurts us in the election, OH WELL!!

Old 12-09-2019, 10:24 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We’re going thru with it because some things are more important than the next election. If Trump gets away with bribery, it sets a bad precedent. That type of behavior will become the norm and we can’t allow that to happen.

So the next election or the polls don’t matter in this case, just like it didn’t matter when Clinton’s popularity skyrocketed during his impeachment crisis. Republicans stuck to their guns because it was the right thing to do. Can’t let perjury and subornation of perjury become the norm for the chief executive.

So that’s just how it is. Trump has to be impeached. There’s no way around it.
There is far more evidence that Biden committed bribery, but you guys ignore it.

This impeachment doesn't even meet the standards that the democrats set themselves.

This is why Trump is surging in the polls in the battleground states, the people do not believe the democrats have an impeachment case against President Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How about obstruction. Or do you not see that as a crime?
What obstruction?

You can't obstruct by asserting executive privilege.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:28 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
IF there is so much evidence that Biden did something, why would they keep nobody but Guiliani on the case....come on now -- once again you folks have all this hard evidence, information but somehow BARR just can't do anything with it.

Deep state right?! LOL

So many lawyers here. I can't judge the merits of the points made because I'm not a lawyer, not a Constitutional expert.......

I am not going to tell you what I feel after listening to some political pundit with a bias tells me what they feel.....lol.

But if there is so much evidence against Biden - let's go.......Move on it.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:32 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How about obstruction. Or do you not see that as a crime?
Obstructing a coup is not a crime.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
There is far more evidence that Biden committed bribery, but you guys ignore it.

This impeachment doesn't even meet the standards that the democrats set themselves.

This is why Trump is surging in the polls in the battleground states, the people do not believe the democrats have an impeachment case against President Trump.

What obstruction?

You can't obstruct by asserting executive privilege.
Trump can surge all he wants. That doesn’t preclude him from facing the punishment he deserves. Sorry.

The Biden thing is a nothingburger. Besides, Neither Biden, father or son is the president.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:45 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trump can surge all he wants. That doesn’t preclude him from facing the punishment he deserves. Sorry.

The Biden thing is a nothingburger. Besides, Neither Biden, father or son is the president.
What punishment, being a victim of the most one sided impeachment in US history?

There is no possibility of conviction in the senate, there is simply no case to be made for impeachment.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:28 AM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times
I never agreed with Nancy Pelosi on anything, but I did respect her since I tough and stood her ground... Now I’ve lost respect for her since she’s allowed very small, yet racial and noisy Far-Left nut jobs to destroy the Democrat Party.

It doesn’t matter what I think, but the fact is that all this impeachment talk is making Trump stronger in the eyes of independent voters... The voters that will be picking the next President in less than a year.

With Harris gone and most likely Booker and Yang within the next 2-3 months, that leaves basically Biden, Bloomberg and Warren in the race. The DNC isn’t going to allow Sanders a shot.

Biden will hang on till the end. Bloomberg’s anti gun message and controlling government isn’t going to sell outside of NY, NJ and CA.

Pelosi needs to regain control of her party very quickly before it goes down in flames since there isn’t any real chance of Trump being impeached on the grounds that the Democrat don’t like him. If she doesn’t squash this now, she’s just making Trump stronger each week that this goes on

Old 12-10-2019, 12:57 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
I think much of the country realizes this is just a Democrat/Media hoax to smear the President. They never got over Hillary losing. Russia, Russia, Russia failed so now the faux impeachment. The Dems are desperate, and if they can't unseat Trump, they will try to use the faux impeachment to effect the 2020 election. Nice, huh?

Old 12-10-2019, 05:33 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I'm not sure how accurate polls are, and don't trust them.

With that being said though, I have no doubt the Democrats have hurt their party, and their election chances in 2020 are already weak, but getting weaker, with this impeachment mess.

The Democrats are mostly a lost bunch of panicked sheep right now, and Trump has exposed their desperation.
Agree on ALL points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies