Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times

Advertisements

And?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2019, 06:16 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Hmmm....when I describe my relationship with a younger or middle-aged woman as "personal", that means something. Perhaps the Brits use the term differently?

I would say we were "good friends" or "have met a few times and enjoyed speaking to one another".

Old 12-09-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Trump describes Jared and Ivanka as 'New York liberals.' IIRC he's quoted as saying that in Fear by Bob Woodward. So it should not be a surprise that they are friendly with other jet-setting liberals around the globe.

Corrie22 has this one exactly right.
So Steele had it in for Trump even tho he was positively disposed toward the whole family and personal friends with Ivanka?

Seems hard to believe. One can imagine all these folks sometimes meeting, but to express they are positive toward the Boss and have a personal relationship with his daughter...makes it a bit tough to think he was had it in for The Don.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:08 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
How very, very curious.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:15 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hmmm....when I describe my relationship with a younger or middle-aged woman as "personal", that means something. Perhaps the Brits use the term differently?

I would say we were "good friends" or "have met a few times and enjoyed speaking to one another".
You give a girl friend a Tartan Kilt. That is a sign of a very personal experience.

Ladies in kilts, her Dad would dig that

Old 12-10-2019, 01:58 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
You can be sure the Trumpets will think of some reason why this means Steele tried to "get" Trump.

The first excuse to be thought up would probably be that she stiffed him and he was trying to get revenge.
Actually, the story is based on an ABC account that (Yep, you guessed it) is "according to a source familiar with their past contacts."

Old 12-10-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Actually, the story is based on an ABC account that (Yep, you guessed it) is "according to a source familiar with their past contacts."
Well, we could ask the good Lord who sees all......but in lieu of her taking great interest in the affairs of men, we'll have to rely on what historically has been called "sources" or "testimony".

Don't knock it. Many a person has been hung, shot, started a revolution, etc. from their "testimony"....what you call "from a source".

This leaves me wonderings what the Right considers to be "proof" of things these days. Is it always "it didn't happen unless I confess". Luckily for us, I think Madoff actually admitted to his dirty deeds. But many never do.

In any case, these deeds were not dirty in any sense. Whether a "personal relationship" or digging up valid intel on Russians and Trump (or, if he was working for Trump and did other stuff), it's all the in realm of normal human activity.

We seem to get the idea that Republicans think a lot of people are "above the law". One wonders if everyone is then, at minimum, "above gossip and/or investigation"?

Maybe the Constitution needs to be rewritten? We should start by scraping the Patriot Act...every word of it. At least some Republicans may agree with me on that. If we don't let Saudis in here en masse we wouldn't need to surveil them.

Old 12-10-2019, 07:37 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
As for Obama's preference, there have been rumors about him and "Michelle" for years out there. Whether they are true is to be revealed.

As much as you anti Trumpers don't like free speech for any but your own, my comment relates to the thread subject in that it shows that there are rumors out there about every famous person who is in the public eye.
Anyone can say anything, make any claim, any innuendo (the fake media tactic) make any accusation to distract from the facts (just look at the false accusations against President Trump that have never been proven true).

The Russian collusion lie failed so they moved on to the next false accusation, that one failed so they are now going to use the attack President Trump's family members next. Anything to distract from the fact that the Dems are failing to accomplish anything but making fools of themselves.

That sentence is another reason Republicans have a hard time getting black votes. And what kind of throw away line is "Whether they are true is to be revealed"?

Old 12-10-2019, 07:40 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
"Steele was actually “favorably disposed” to the Trump family"

So were Cohen, Epstein, the Clintons, Sessions, Saundland, Mattis, and so many others, before they weren't.

Now you see it happening to Giuliani, couldn't happen to a more deserving guy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies