Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2019, 07:12 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
My wife does not follow politics. Yesterday she asked what this whole impeachment fuss is about. I explained to her that the democrats are trying to impeach him because he asked the leaders of Ukraine to investigate one of his rivals (Joe Biden) regarding corruption involving Biden and his son. I explained to her that Vice President Biden was captured on video threatening to withhold funds to Ukraine if the prosecutor investigating his son isn’t fired within 6hrs. She asked.... “Well then why isn’t Biden the one in trouble?”
Did you explain to your wife that Biden wasn't President and therefore is not being impeached for blocking funds that Congress had authorized?

Did you explain that Trump is also blocking witnesses who could, presumably, testify to his innocence and Trump is refusing to turn over documents that could, presumably, clear his good name?

Did you explain to your wife that Biden was part of an international effort to deal with corruption in the Ukraine whereas Trump was pulling this extortion scam to benefit himself via the efforts of his personal attorney who was/is being bankrolled by a Russian mobster?

Or are you just going to go with the Putin's talking points?

Old 12-18-2019, 07:15 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
head turning choice of diane DeGette to represents dems at hearing today

Democratic Rep. Diana DeGette has been the lead sponsor on a federal ban on high-capacity ammunition magazines in two Congresses, saying it’s one of her top priorities.
........ the senior congresswoman from Denver appeared to not understand how guns work.
Asked how a ban on magazines holding more than 15 rounds would reduce gun violence, DeGette said:
“I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those know they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”

Dems use Schiff, Nadler and now DeGette, all terribly flawed, stumbling and confused self righteous disposable legislators as sacrificial lambs.

Pelosi is hands off and Schiff and Nadler never showed up in the senate...too late to recover from their outrageous behavior, lies and media aided marketing instead of legal facts.
It is just amazing how little these politicians know about something they want to restrict. And people wonder why Trump won. SMH...

Old 12-18-2019, 07:17 AM

996 posts, read 378,542 times
I don't watch Hannity , so I will leave the synopsis of his show's content to you.

It was an absolute sham from day One. The entire " Russian Collusion" Hoax was set up first against Candidate Trump and then President Trump. Day after day of " bombshells' " , " Breaking news " " Sources" lies, innuendo , false accusations , all without any evidence whatsoever.

The entire " special counsel" grab of $ 30 million taxpayer dollars was not needed because from the very beginning, principal actors knew there wasn't any " collusion" .

No votes were changed, no voters threatened , coerced or otherwise made to vote for anyone else besides their individual choice. The DNC controlled MSM did their very best to muddy the waters regarding Russian bots, Facebook ads and the like to feed ignorant Americans story after story to build the suspense. They were going to get the goods on him.

But it failed. it failed because it didn't make sense. And if it doesn't make sense, it isn't true.

The fools that were out protesting last night are the product of the drumbeat of propaganda dished out by the leftist strongholds of the MSM, Academia and deranged Democrats.

Old 12-18-2019, 07:21 AM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
My wife does not follow politics. Yesterday she asked what this whole impeachment fuss is about. I explained to her that the democrats are trying to impeach him because he asked the leaders of Ukraine to investigate one of his rivals (Joe Biden) regarding corruption involving Biden and his son. I explained to her that Vice President Biden was captured on video threatening to withhold funds to Ukraine if the prosecutor investigating his son isn’t fired within 6hrs. She asked.... “Well then why isn’t Biden the one in trouble?”
You left a few things out.

Old 12-18-2019, 07:32 AM

5,145 posts, read 3,076,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You left a few things out.
Another data point — An oldy but a goody:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ump-has-begun/

Honest folks of all political persuasions can see what a farce this is. Pelosi and her party are going to pay for their mistakes at the polls next November.

Old 12-18-2019, 07:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
A warrant? How does that work within the context of an Impeachment trial?

You go to a Judge. Before crashing the door to cuff him.
Taking it upon ones self as judge, jury and prosecutor, is tyranny. Tyrants are culled in America.

Old 12-18-2019, 07:41 AM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
The final poll numbers before today's vote are overall 48.1% opposed to impeachment and removal, 46.8% in favor of impeachment and removal. Among independents 47.4% oppose to 41.3 in favor.

2020 is going to be a bloodbath for those who support this.

Old 12-18-2019, 07:48 AM

46,260 posts, read 27,074,383 times
If you take the name biden out...and add chucksnee and I tell goodnight, do this or you don't get your money....what's that called?

Old 12-18-2019, 07:57 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Msm/dnc , after senate acquital, will cry foul, scream coverup, coordinated like a chorus. Left is everything they say right is guilty of.
it's all so boorish, crying the other side cheated after this is all over will be the sweetest part of this whole charade.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:02 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Pelosi said I'm not for impeachment with out bi-partisan support.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a61_story.html

No Republicans in the House will vote for impeachment today. lmao

she is sooo done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies