Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2019, 09:14 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
The father should of course have a say given it is the body and health of his son or daughter that is actually in peril. Just as he would have a say once his son or daughter has travelled a few further inches.

Of course he should then be held responsible for the future care and well being of the child.
When does a woman get a say in mens medical care decisions? That's right they don't because people are allowed to make decisions for themselves and what happens in their own bodies. I can't force a man to do so much as donate blood, but you want a man to have a say in a medical decision that has the potential to kill me? Seriously?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2019, 09:19 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So never get pregnant then if its so horrible for you.
I have life long medical issues due to my pregnancies, but I wouldn't change a thing. But then again I am not trying to force anyone else to to go through a potential health and life threatening pregnancy or delivery, you are. I don't think that I know better than another woman what is right for her and her life. That is her decision and her decision alone to make.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:24 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I have life long medical issues due to my pregnancies, but I wouldn't change a thing. But then again I am not trying to force anyone else to to go through a potential health and life threatening pregnancy or delivery, you are. I don't think that I know better than another woman what is right for her and her life. That is her decision and her decision alone to make.
I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. I'm just saying if they want to kill unborn babies they should have to follow the procedures required by law and stop complaining.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:31 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
When does a woman get a say in mens medical care decisions? That's right they don't because people are allowed to make decisions for themselves and what happens in their own bodies. I can't force a man to do so much as donate blood, but you want a man to have a say in a medical decision that has the potential to kill me? Seriously?
When his medical care decision results in the death of your son or daughter. It's not complicated.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:34 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Do men not go to doctors?

Following the thread, it seemed as though you might not be aware of that. I was just trying to be informative. I'm on your side on this issue.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:35 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Dumbass laws like this are a perfect example of how government causes healthcare costs in the US to be absolutely astronomical.

And for what, "feelings"?
So profoundly true. It makes more financial and moral sense for the government to promote, self control, if not, use of birth control, since it's really all about unwanted pregnancies. For the government to wait until an unwanted pregnancy happens to do something about abortion is really quite fool hardy. This is because the woman can always choose to decide to get an abortion, legal or not.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:36 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Man aren't carrying around a human life...

Old 12-10-2019, 09:37 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So profoundly true. It makes more financial and moral sense for the government to promote, self control, if not, use of birth control, since it's really all about unwanted pregnancies. For the government to wait until an unwanted pregnancy happens to do something about abortion is really quite fool hardy. This is because the woman can always choose to decide to get an abortion, legal or not.
There is always suicide... I don't feel the least bit sorry for executing those who commit murder...

Old 12-10-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So never get pregnant then if its so horrible for you.

What if she was the victim of a rape that resulted in a pregnancy. Would you want to force her to carry that fetus to term ?

Old 12-10-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
There is always suicide... I don't feel the least bit sorry for executing those who commit murder...

Hopefully, no version of that 'Handmaid's Tale' that is in your head will ever become reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies