Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2019, 04:29 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Kentucky Law Requiring A Woman To Listen To A Fetus’s Heartbeat In Order To Get An Abortion
Telling somebody the truth is 100% against the agenda of the Left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2019, 06:51 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
A Roe exception is discriminatory, a violation of the Equal Protection Clause. Either anyone can kill a fetus or no one can.
It’s a good thing no fetuses where killed when Bush/ Cheney invaded and slaughtered thousands of innocent civilians in Iraq for no reason at all.

I know, I know, When your side does it, it’s OK.

Old 12-11-2019, 08:18 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
There's no real irony. Feminist are protecting the cads they choose from the burden of fatherhood and the cads are pretending to be for women's rights .
Well, first, what's a "feminist" according to you?

Because, the truth is that the overwhelming majority of women AND men are feminists, regardless of their stance on abortion, though some don't realize it -- or don't want to realize it.

Second, some "feminists" are pro-choice. Others are pro-life. "Feminists" aren't manufactured in a factory. They're not put together on an assembly line or have to pass quality control.

Third, since men are more likely to be pro-choice than women, then people who claim to be pro-life and who angrily engage in anti-"feminist" rants in discussions of abortion should really direct their opinions toward pro-choice men as readily as they direct them toward pro-choice women, shouldn't they?

But it seems few have the courage to do that. The brunt of their anger is almost always directed at women. Yet most women, I'm guessing, don't make a unilateral decision to abort; their male partners take an active role in the choice.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:19 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Biologically, she knows that unprotected sex can result in pregnancy. That's the choice she made, to be impregnanted if she willingly participates in unprotected sex.
Unbelievable. So men have no role or responsibility in getting someone pregnant.

Old 12-11-2019, 11:04 PM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Isn't the GOP supposed to be the party of less regulation? They added new regulations when forcing ultrasounds.
President Trump has already removed more regulations than any President in history, as he's reversed Obama's pen&paper legacy.
And just because Trump is removing regulations it doesn't mean he's not allowed to introduce a new regulation.

Old 12-11-2019, 11:29 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
President Trump has already removed more regulations than any President in history, as he's reversed Obama's pen&paper legacy.
And just because Trump is removing regulations it doesn't mean he's not allowed to introduce a new regulation.
Indeed, he's certainly removed most of the consumer protection and environmental regulations so what difference does it matter if we do an end run on legal abortions and make sure that we regulate them out of existence?

Old 12-12-2019, 06:54 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So then every woman who has an abortion can be arrested and tried for fetal homicide?
If a woman can kill a fetus, so can anyone else.

Old 12-12-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
It’s a decision that I and only I will make. Whether I want to take any risks or put myself through anything is no one else’s business, and my ultimate decision - including if I get an abortion or not ever - is still no one else’s business.
Good luck with that. An abortion is part of your permanent medical record, accessible electronically.

https://healthitsecurity.com/news/15...hishing-surges

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hackers...m-on-dark-web/

https://www.databreachtoday.com/inte...aluable-i-3341

Quote:
You think you can tell people “don’t get pregnant in the first place” but it isn’t reality. No one is perfect and no method of BC is perfect 100% of the time. Except abstinence. But like you’ve already said, men can’t control themselves. If men can’t, playing with your stupid assertion for a second, then why should women be expected to? And does that mean men will also rape for the ultimate goal - sex? And if so, what about an abortion then?
Why can't women control themselves? Since, as you say, abstinence is 100% effective, if a woman doesn't want to get pregnant the obvious action to take is to not have sex.

Old 12-12-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Under Common Law existing at the time of the adoption of the U.S. Constitution, "natural personhood" was considered to begin at natural birth and end with the cessation of the heartbeat.
There is nothing of the kind in the US Constitution. However the Declaration of Independence states: "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote:
As for fetal homicide laws ever one that I know of exclude abortion.
That's what makes them unconstitutional.

Old 12-12-2019, 07:03 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
If a woman can kill a fetus, so can anyone else.
Sure but only if that fetus in inside of your own body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies