Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2019, 08:04 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Cotton should be just as much as a trigger - if not more so - than plantations. It's what the south - if not America as a whole - was built on.

Well, I don't really see Black people getting their photos taken in cotton fields. I've only seen White people do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 08:11 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
That's because it is actually a symbol of racism and pro-slavery. It's astounding to me that some whites don't understand this, perhaps they weren't well educated or didn't learn history?
Some white people don't see the Confederate flag any different than the Stars and Stripes. And anything you are saying about one flag you could say just as well about the other and leftist do say the same things about both. They see people who seek to ban and censor the confederacy memorabilia under pretexts as its own form of racism and slavery.

Old 12-12-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Some white people don't see the Confederate flag any different than the Stars and Stripes. And anything you are saying about one flag you could say just as well about the other and leftist do say the same things about both. They see people who seek to ban and censor the confederacy memorabilia under pretexts as its own form of racism and slavery.
Well, this is what it is. The Confederate flag represents the Confederate cause. The Confederate cause was about keeping slavery in the Southern states. They wanted secession so they could keep that slavery. It is written in the Articles of Secession and the Confederate Constitution. It is a symbol of bigotry and the desire to enslave people. Period.

Old 12-12-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Cotton should be just as much as a trigger - if not more so - than plantations. It's what the south - if not America as a whole - was built on.

I don't believe it's plantations but there's something else white that is the trigger but it's not cotton .

Old 12-12-2019, 08:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:

And the White House an even bigger trigger.

Old 12-12-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, this is what it is. The Confederate flag represents the Confederate cause. The Confederate cause was about keeping slavery in the Southern states. They wanted secession so they could keep that slavery. It is written in the Articles of Secession and the Confederate Constitution. It is a symbol of bigotry and the desire to enslave people. Period.
I told you what it is for others, and it doesn't having anything to do with slavery or even black people really.

Old 12-12-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I told you what it is for others, and it doesn't having anything to do with slavery or even black people really.
I don't care what it is for others. What matters to me are FACTS. The FACTS are the reason I would be more than pleased to see Confederate monuments torn down. The FACTS are the reasons Confederate flags should never fly from any public grounds. Want to fly it from your backyard? I won't like it, but go ahead. The facts are more important to me than what you think or what anyone who likes the Confederate flag thinks.

Old 12-12-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
I don't care what it is for others. What matters to me are FACTS. The FACTS are the reason I would be more than pleased to see Confederate monuments torn down. The FACTS are the reasons Confederate flags should never fly from any public grounds. Want to fly it from your backyard? I won't like it, but go ahead. The facts are more important to me than what you think or what anyone who likes the Confederate flag thinks.
That's your problem, not caring about anything but what you personally want. It's not facts to insert your viewpoint in place of another's. That flag was basically erased from existence almost overnight like a soviet purge. And the character was impugned of anyone or anything that contained the memorabilia. Classic shows like the Dukes was essentially banned. It's repulsive.

Old 12-12-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
That's your problem, not caring about anything but what you personally want. It's not facts to insert your viewpoint in place of another's. That flag was basically erased from existence almost overnight like a soviet purge. And the character was impugned of anyone or anything that contained the memorabilia. Classic shows like the Dukes was essentially banned. It's repulsive.
So what? You don't care what I want. I'm sure many people don't care what I want. Why should I care? Give me a good reason.

Old 12-12-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
So what? You don't care what I want. I'm sure many people don't care what I want. Why should I care? Give me a good reason.
Dictating what others should like and want but why should they acquiesce? It just causes resentment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies