Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2019, 08:24 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
There's always been climate change occurring naturally. Get over yourself, and your self importance that you and mankind are powerful enough to cause it, or stop it.
Cant use naturally in AGW because of the A..

Old 12-11-2019, 08:30 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
She's not the issue. She'll be a 17 year old woman in three weeks (1/3/20), that THEY make up to look like she's ten years old. Her nutty parents, irresponsible handlers and backers that are pushing this global scam are the problem.
Ya, I don’t touch alex jones. Not good for me..

Old 12-11-2019, 08:39 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,260 times
Quote:
Good for Time magazine. They are a known FAR LEFT rag, so this further confirms Greta is just a leftist political propaganda pawn. Good show!
Just more propaganda to inspire more little SJWs in training.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:12 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Idk much about the kid.
As for greta..
Well she’s definitely having a learning experience. Meeting different people, traveling the world... most kids don’t get that chance. And how do you know she’s not getting home schooled? Does it specifically say?
She is not being home schooled, you cannot actually home school in Sweden.

Are you one of the ones on here always criticizing home schooling? Believing government schools are superior to all? Maybe you are not, plenty of you all are, especially those leaning left.

And were you one the ones on here harping on the lack of formal education many Trump voters had, trying to imply the cause of them voting for Trump was the lack of education? Yet you prop up this girl who does not even have a HS diploma?

Try yanking your kid out of school for such a period and explain to them it is for "traveling", lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
So how often do you meet with the private investigator you hired to spy on her?
ALl of this stuff is public knowledge, try reading about things if you are going to comment on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm just here to see the right wing snowflakes talk bad about this young lady. And y'all did not disappoint
So, you automatically assume anyone who criticizes her is right wing? I must be one hell of a right winger, having voted for Obama twice and Hillary this past election.

How about acknowledging the fact many people, no matter their political stance, and including many environmentalists, think she was among the worse things that could have happened for environmental advocacy. Her age, lack of experience, lack of education, lack of ever having any responsibilities and obligations, living a 1st world country, sitting there criticizing everyone and stating stupid things like "her childhood was stolen". Yea girl, let me show you children who have had their childhood stolen...

Old 12-11-2019, 09:19 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I am not old, I have been engaged in doing actual real environmental work for decades. As in I have my feet on the ground and living it, even work from home saving a commute.

However, this girl is the worse spokesperson for advocating environmentalism. That does not make me old, which I am not, and does not make me some climate change skeptic, which I am not.
Why do you think my comments were aimed at you? Why do you think Greta is not a good spokesperson? After all look at the attention she has already brought to the problem of climate change world wide.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:24 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Exactly what attention does it need? Exactly what attention does it need that she brought? Did she state anything that no one in the world knew except a few scientists?
So then why so many deniers?

Quote:
Have you not been paying attention to the huge reductions in pollution the US and Europe have done over the last few decades? You think that happened out of thin air?
Kudos on the reduction in pollution, but we are talking about CO2 here, and I don't think the reduction of CO2 emissions is happening fast enough.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:38 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
She's not the issue. She'll be a 17 year old woman in three weeks (1/3/20), that THEY make up to look like she's ten years old.
How do they make her look younger??? What do her looks have to do with anything?

Old 12-11-2019, 09:38 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why do you think my comments were aimed at you? Why do you think Greta is not a good spokesperson? After all look at the attention she has already brought to the problem of climate change world wide.
Brought the wrong attention, brought divisive attention, brought instead of unity, just made everyone jump into their little corners more. You may disagree with those who deny AGW, however, the purpose of getting word out, the purpose of advocacy, is to not appease to people already on board, to reach to to those who are not. She did quit the opposite, even many environmentalist think she was just the worse thing to happen regarding advocacy.

You did not quote anyone, so must assume you are speaking to the crowd that is not a fan of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So then why so many deniers?

Kudos on the reduction in pollution, but we are talking about CO2 here, and I don't think the reduction of CO2 emissions is happening fast enough.
A lot of deniers are not deniers, they disagree with the solutions, I disagree with many solutions also, especially the ones that at the end, involve increasing my taxes more. Then there are deniers that will always be, on nothing really will convince them, and resources should not be spent doing so.

The numerous BS climate predictions over the decades sure has not helped either.

CO2 reduction needs to go after the lowest hanging fruit, instead of harping on countries that have generally flat lined their output over the last few decades.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:56 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Perfect. The young girl is courageous, intelligent, determined, inspirational and smart.
I second this.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:59 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Perfect. The young girl is courageous, intelligent, determined, inspirational and smart.
She is a high school dropout with no science background and you think she is an expert on climate change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies