Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 10:47 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It’s interesting this whole backlash to the #MeToo movement. People thinking we’ve gone too far speaking up for a woman’s right to not get raped or sexually harassed when some would argue we’ve not gone far enough when we have an admitted sexual assailant in the highest office in the land. People think that because some people have lost their jobs, or have been expelled from Hollywood, like Weinstein, that we’ve gone too far. I don’t agree. But people wanted the Baby, It’s Cold Outside war to be a proxy war for all that.
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...utside-remake/

Which is better? I would take the classic for sure. More original
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2019, 10:48 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
I don't blame him for using a silly issue to make more money.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:50 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
It's been 5 minutes since the SJWs tried out-virtue signalling each other. Glad this story came to light.

Old 12-11-2019, 11:01 AM

1,161 posts, read 435,047 times
I don't believe any rational person is saying that the firing of Weinstein went "too far"
I think when people talk about the METOO movement going "too far" is things like Aziz Ansiri getting "metoo'd" when even his accuser said that he didn't cross any line. Or Louis CK getting "metoo'd" Yes, obviously what CK did crossed a line into abuse of power. However, when you start hearing that other people, like Sarah Silverman has admitted to, actually played along from time to tme and watched Louie **** one off. And when you hear his accusers say that "he asked us if we wanted to watch him and then he pulled it out and finished himself off before we said 'yes'" Well....according to many other people, if they'd said "no" he would have just laughed it off and left. Don't get me wrong, it IS creepy, BUT he's no Cosby, hell he's not even a Clinton (if all we are judging Bill by is the fact that he abused his power with Monica)

That's when people say that "MeToo" has gone too far. Because inevitably what happens is that if every guy gets MeToo'd because they said or did something that was awkward or over the line (without actually crossing the line of abuse) then eventually people are going to start looking at all "MeToo's" as BS. When a female actually is raped or molested or harrassed people are just going to go "oh, here we go again...." And that should not happen.

To bring it back to this thread. When SJW's started "MeTooing" a Christmas classic, the origins of which they just didn't even understand, then yes, that's an example of going (me)too far.

Old 02-28-2020, 12:35 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,324,592 times

Somebody call PETA.

Old 02-28-2020, 12:37 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Probably start selling red hats soon, eh?

Old 02-28-2020, 12:39 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Old 02-28-2020, 12:39 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...utside-remake/

Which is better? I would take the classic for sure. More original
Classic and these so called new stars to me are just artists who have a gift of singing and not paying attention to on any other front. Btw, I don't even know any songs he sings as I turn the channel if his name is mentioned...maybe I heard his song without knowing it is/was him

Old 02-28-2020, 01:03 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Never really cared for the original; not because of the lyrics, necessarily, but rather just because I didn't like it.

Old 02-28-2020, 01:04 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
I don't believe any rational person is saying that the firing of Weinstein went "too far"
I think when people talk about the METOO movement going "too far" is things like Aziz Ansiri getting "metoo'd" when even his accuser said that he didn't cross any line. Or Louis CK getting "metoo'd" Yes, obviously what CK did crossed a line into abuse of power. However, when you start hearing that other people, like Sarah Silverman has admitted to, actually played along from time to tme and watched Louie **** one off. And when you hear his accusers say that "he asked us if we wanted to watch him and then he pulled it out and finished himself off before we said 'yes'" Well....according to many other people, if they'd said "no" he would have just laughed it off and left. Don't get me wrong, it IS creepy, BUT he's no Cosby, hell he's not even a Clinton (if all we are judging Bill by is the fact that he abused his power with Monica)

That's when people say that "MeToo" has gone too far. Because inevitably what happens is that if every guy gets MeToo'd because they said or did something that was awkward or over the line (without actually crossing the line of abuse) then eventually people are going to start looking at all "MeToo's" as BS. When a female actually is raped or molested or harrassed people are just going to go "oh, here we go again...." And that should not happen.

To bring it back to this thread. When SJW's started "MeTooing" a Christmas classic, the origins of which they just didn't even understand, then yes, that's an example of going (me)too far.
This is where we run into problems. I agree Aziz and also Chris Hardwick are lame abuse of #metoo. NOT Louis CK. Do you know he dated Silverman's sister Laura, and she supported the accusers because he was aggressive about that behavior with her. I don't care if Sarah S is kinky, you can't go assuming you can behave like that around any woman, or that "asking" is ok. No one said he was a Cosby, no one tried to have him arrested. They simply called him on his creepy, compulsive behavior.

The song thing is in the first category of lame PC overkill. Not to be confused with CK situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies