Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 11:37 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
So you are also opposed to "anti-war" protestors bringing thier children to demonstrations?

That's a relief.
I might take them, but I would not make them carry a sign. My kids are grown and one is a Libertarian and one is a Conservative Democrat. I guess you have to say I let them be free to make up their own minds. They were encouraged to read, to interact with all kinds of kids, to travel independently since they were teens. They were raised in a Catholic/UCC home, but they were encourage to go to other churches, to learn other philosophies. I certainly did not demand their obedience to ideology, only to US law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 11:38 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTex View Post
janeannwho,

If anything I'd say that multiple partners, sexual abuse, and various violent acts are more characteristic of our modern society than the FLDS crowd.

With respect to brainwashing, what do you think is happening to our children in the "Public Schools"? Getting brainwashed by the FLDS can't be too much worse than that!
The FLDS have multiple sex partners, sexual abuse and violence acts within their culture. The men openly have as many sex partners as they want, be it woman, man, girl, boy, or goat. It's a free for all. As long as they tell their victim that God wants them to be abused, these brainwashed zombies believe it and they submit sweetly. Secondly, the women themselves are traded like chattel amongst men. One day they're with Bob, tomorrow they might be with Jim, and then Otis after that. Their kids are traded like baseball trading cards too. You paint these pioneer frocked people as if they were some sort of saints. They are packaged differently, however, the effect is still the same.

Last edited by Donna7; 04-21-2008 at 12:18 PM..

Old 04-21-2008, 11:40 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Now THAT'S a stretch, come on, get real.

It's one thing to bring your child to a political event, a protest, or to church - and something entirely different to immerse them in an environment that controls their whole life for virtually every moment of the day.

A VERY poor analogy.

Ken
Thank for your opinion. I'm more interested in janeannewho's.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:51 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Now THAT'S a stretch, come on, get real.

It's one thing to bring your child to a political event, a protest, or to church - and something entirely different to immerse them in an environment that controls their whole life for virtually every moment of the day.

A VERY poor analogy.

Ken
Thanks for the back up there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies