Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 07:48 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times

Advertisements

This group has been around for probably 50 years or more. They are derivatives in a way from the Black Moors of old who claimed to be "Asiatic" and are just a small segment of black people who suffer from a huge inferiority complex about being of African descent and the descendants of enslaved persons (as if there is something to be ashamed of in that regard - IMO there isn't and these people are delusional).

I agree they are racists similar to NOI and other black racist groups. But it is funny to me that so many white people "just" heard about them and funny that they try to act like the ideas/beliefs of those groups are common or mainstream in the black demographic when they are not.

And FWIW I also don't believe that white supremacists views are common to a majority of white Americans. Every demogrpahic in America has its loonies and folks who are stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
There are also number of other "Black Jews" (religious or ethnic Jews) including the following: There are the Beta Israel/Ethiopian Jews, Abayudaya (they live in E. Uganda near a town called Mbale), the Igbo/Niberian Jews, the Lemba (mainly based Zimbabwe and South Africa), and the House of Israel (SW Uganda), and the Cochin Jews of India (now whether or not modern ones are mostly of African or Black descent is something I don't know). These ones likely have some members that a similar type of supremacist mindset as the extremist versions of the BHI.
Why would you think that the "black Jews" in African nations would be similar to BHI folks in America....

FYI - all black people around the world are not the same. I know fo the Lemba in particular and I've not seen anything that shows they are anything like BHI. They actually have a genetic link to Hebrews and only claim to be Jews because of very distant genetic/cultural connections to actual Jews. Same for Ethiopian Jews I've read about. Never heard of any Igbo/Nigerian Jews so won't comment on them but the Ethiopians and Lemba in Zimbabwe do not share any similarities between the black hebrew israelites here in America as their ideology is basically some made up BS that is associated with them not wanting to be black/African and thinking/believing that Jewish people are superior to blacks/Africans (FYI - I have spoken a lot over the years with BHI persons. Best way to get them to shut up is to tell them how they are heavily invested in a white supremacy/black inferiority mindset in regards to not wanting to acknowledge that they are African and that 99% of Africans are not Jews culturally/heritage wise and especially not our ancestors from West Africa of which we obtained about 74% of our ethnic contribution from as African Americans. Also to tell them that the critiques they have about black American families and what we "should/need" to do in that regard is based upon them wanting to embrace the colonizers white patriarchal cultural traditions from Europe - this one especially will get a NOI person to leave you alone - basically telling them that they are trying to be the "white man" they so despise and view as a devil - they get really riled up about that. It is funny to me but I usually don't "go there" with them unless they push me with their BS and then they get all mad).

Old 12-19-2019, 07:59 AM

I'll also note as an African American that I do feel that there has been an increase in the amount of persons who are being interested in BHI beliefs and for me that is VERY concerning. It is just a bunch of ignorance and IMO is indicative of how African Americans, especially our younger generations, are losing touch with our cultural roots.

The proliferation of ignorant YouTube videos and people thinking whatever they see in a video is true, has been a major contributor to the proliferation of this ignorance in black America.

I've been seriously considering starting a controversial YouTube channel to counter the stupidity in these people's "message" via their media. But then I think it will eventually die out as a lot of stupidity usually pops up it seems every 5 years in black America and then people calm down on those ideas. But it is concerning to me that our young people are investing more heavily into an inferiority mindset.

Old 12-19-2019, 08:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Why would you think that the "black Jews" in African nations would be similar to BHI folks in America....

FYI - all black people around the world are not the same. I know fo the Lemba in particular and I've not seen anything that shows they are anything like BHI. They actually have a genetic link to Hebrews and only claim to be Jews because of very distant genetic/cultural connections to actual Jews. Same for Ethiopian Jews I've read about. Never heard of any Igbo/Nigerian Jews so won't comment on them but the Ethiopians and Lemba in Zimbabwe do not share any similarities between the black hebrew israelites here in America as their ideology is basically some made up BS that is associated with them not wanting to be black/African and thinking/believing that Jewish people are superior to blacks/Africans (FYI - I have spoken a lot over the years with BHI persons. Best way to get them to shut up is to tell them how they are heavily invested in a white supremacy/black inferiority mindset in regards to not wanting to acknowledge that they are African and that 99% of Africans are not Jews culturally/heritage wise and especially not our ancestors from West Africa of which we obtained about 74% of our ethnic contribution from as African Americans. Also to tell them that the critiques they have about black American families and what we "should/need" to do in that regard is based upon them wanting to embrace the colonizers white patriarchal cultural traditions from Europe - this one especially will get a NOI person to leave you alone - basically telling them that they are trying to be the "white man" they so despise and view as a devil - they get really riled up about that. It is funny to me but I usually don't "go there" with them unless they push me with their BS and then they get all mad).
Plenty of people seem to believe ALL Fill in the Blank think and behave alike. Blank may equal race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation and endless movements within, etc.

There are endless factions within BHI as there are in any movement and no central leadership. Some factions now seek to include Native People and Hispanics.

People who appear to project superiority ( race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political ideology, affiliation etc) tend to operate from deep sense of inferiority and fear. Too often some rely on and play the victim card. Outliers may occasionally trend violent.

Old 12-19-2019, 08:58 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
There are also number of other "Black Jews" (religious or ethnic Jews) including the following: There are the Beta Israel/Ethiopian Jews, Abayudaya (they live in E. Uganda near a town called Mbale), the Igbo/Niberian Jews, the Lemba (mainly based Zimbabwe and South Africa), and the House of Israel (SW Uganda), and the Cochin Jews of India (now whether or not modern ones are mostly of African or Black descent is something I don't know). These ones likely have some members that a similar type of supremacist mindset as the extremist versions of the BHI.
No their not in any way shape or form related. Ethiopians Jews like Chinese Jews are just descendants of a group of Jews who assimilated into whatever Ethiopian culture they were in physically but kept their traditions. Igbo Jews are Igbo people who believe they have Jewish heritage they again don't consider of Jews to be fake( But for Igbo Jews their's no historical evidence backing their claim from what I understand). Chinese Jews are like Ethiopian Jews many of them physically look Chinese but the practices stayed. All of the groups mentioned besides BHI do not believe that Jews in Israel/Ashkenazi are fake, some of them like Ethiopians have been practicing Jews for centuries maybe even over a millenium.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
difference is when you start spewing racial hatred, "white people are the devil", then its a serious problem.
One whack jab yelling in Times Square does not equal the hundreds of white supremacists, Neo Nazi, Neo Confederate, White National, Klansmen, Right Wing Militia,At Right etc who gathered in Charlottesville, carrying torches, flags, symbols, weapons, while chanting anti- Semitic and racial hate.

Then there were the celebrity haters, David Dukes and Richard Spencer, spewing racist, anti- Semite propaganda and working up the crowds.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It seems like you are trying to draw an equivalency between "Christian Zionism" and BHI. I think the BHI are primarily just all things anti-white. The BHI seem to hate anything and everything white and likely perceive Jews as white.
I have shared on this forum before, my father ( long gone) was a member of a KKK faction who engaged in the 1951 Cicero Riot, before my time. He was racist to the core to the point that we could not eat certain brands or foods because you know who was employed in those food processing plants.

Then there were the Jews....who he blamed for everything wrong with the world. B

Everything wrong in his life was somehow the fault of those people. Guess it was easier to blame throw than take control of and responsibility for his own life.

Old 12-19-2019, 11:10 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
One whack jab yelling in Times Square does not equal the hundreds of white supremacists, Neo Nazi, Neo Confederate, White National, Klansmen, Right Wing Militia,At Right etc who gathered in Charlottesville, carrying torches, flags, symbols, weapons, while chanting anti- Semitic and racial hate.

Then there were the celebrity haters, David Dukes and Richard Spencer, spewing racist, anti- Semite propaganda and working up the crowds.
One whack job?

Seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies