Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2019, 05:24 PM

1,161 posts, read 435,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Cookies don't reproduce, sheep do. People will ensure that valuable sheep don't run out, if there's no market for those sheep, who cares what happens to them?
Believe it or not, there are people on the planet who care about more things than "how can I benefit from this things existence"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 05:27 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Believe it or not, there are people on the planet who care about more things than "how can I benefit from this things existence"
Not many though, that's why allowing regulated and expensive trophy hunting is so great at preserving legitimately endangered species.

Now sure, you'll get a LOT of people who are willing to virtue signal on the internet, but not many who will actually do something that matters unless there's money in it.

Old 12-12-2019, 05:29 PM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
Why would anyone care that a global elitist killed an animal that is on the "nearly endangered species" list, illegally, then used his connections to retroactively be given a license to do so?

Probably because he's a member of the first family?
I mean....maybe?

None of which has anything to do with it being news.

1) There are millions of global elitists. I do not care what they do. Nor should you. Frankly, its none of your business.
2) "Nearly endangered"? What does that even mean? I suspect many "endangered" animals could disappear tomorrow and no one would know the difference, never mind "nearly endangered". Jeebus.

3) Connections, networking, quid pro quo, etc., is how the real world operates. Always has. Always will. Perhaps you should step out the fantasy world full of unicorns and rainbows in which apparently reside and join the rest of us in the real world.

4) So what if he's a member of the first family? Obama was admired for trying to keep his children out of the limelight. Why can't you extend the same courtesy to the Trump family. What Trump's family does is none of your business.

Old 12-12-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Not many though, that's why allowing regulated and expensive trophy hunting is so great at preserving legitimately endangered species.

Now sure, you'll get a LOT of people who are willing to virtue signal on the internet, but not many who will actually do something that matters unless there's money in it.

Yeah, pretty disgusting isn't it?

Old 12-12-2019, 05:32 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Nope. It's more like saying "I want a cookie.....but there are only a few left, if I take one then they will be that much closer to being gone"

No, it's more like saying, if I make it sound more scary, people will pay more attention, even though it's not really true....

Old 12-12-2019, 05:32 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
The relationship between Mongolia and Russia has improved since Putin took over. Of course the Trump family will get special privileges.
Or anyone else that pony’s up the money. I believe I will check into that. Love to bag one myself.

Old 12-12-2019, 05:37 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:

Then you need to talk with that government...

Quote:
The government has allotted 86 such permits

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...dangered-sheep

^^^^This is a link from within the link the OP provided....

Old 12-12-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
None of which has anything to do with it being news.

1) There are millions of global elitists. I do not care what they do. Nor should you. Frankly, its none of your business.
2) "Nearly endangered"? What does that even mean? I suspect many "endangered" animals could disappear tomorrow and no one would know the difference, never mind "nearly endangered". Jeebus.

3) Connections, networking, quid pro quo, etc., is how the real world operates. Always has. Always will. Perhaps you should step out the fantasy world full of unicorns and rainbows in which apparently reside and join the rest of us in the real world.

4) So what if he's a member of the first family? Obama was admired for trying to keep his children out of the limelight. Why can't you extend the same courtesy to the Trump family. What Trump's family does is none of your business.

1. Not everyone is willing to just bend over and say "whatever you elitists want...go for it"
2. I don't really want to waste the time teaching you the definition of two very basic words. You have a computer and can look them up yourself.
3. I would rather live in a world of unicorns (very cool animal) and rainbows (beautiful site) than a world where I'm okey dokey with the rich and powerful getting to break laws. I believe in checks & balances, and I believe that people (regardless of their social standing) should have to answer for crimes they commit.
4. I'm not sure what Obama has to do with any of this, however yes he was admired for keeping his CHILDREN out of the limelight. The Trump clan has never attempted to do the same, have they? Are they not constantly making TV appearances, talking to the press, writing books, etc? They have ZERO interest in staying out of the limelight because they know that's how they can best control their marks.

Old 12-12-2019, 05:38 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
"Nearly endangered" = Not endangered

It's like being "nearly pregnant"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argali

We may not agree with the practice and so forth but clearly the article was "sexied up" in order to maximize clicks and outrage.

Old 12-12-2019, 05:39 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
of course it was..it's the liberal media....

Trump Jr didn't go tramping through Mongolia by himself...he had Mongolian guides...guides that are licensed by Mongolia....who were going to field dress the sheep right then and there....

Licensed Mongolian guides that tell you what you can ....and can not....shoot

LOL..it's not like they don't know where to send the bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies