Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 01:16 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
No, he didn't eat the sheep.

Is there a reason you eat mammals instead of just fish? Is your desire for the flavor of a steak that important to you?

I guess you're not a vegan; therefore, hypocrite.
I've had exactly two steaks since 2016. Yes, that is correct and I can tell you when and where I ate them. We mostly eat vegetarian meat products when we want meat. If I want chicken, I buy free range that are treated humanely. Same goes for eggs and other meats, which we rarely eat. Not a fan of red meat since it's so bad for you. We don't even eat that much chicken, maybe twice a month. But I'm not a vegan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It is an odd system they have for handing out these permits. It is corrupt. They are given out as favors to politicians and apparently a vapid son of a president.

So let's see. Where someone else would be fined, Little Don gets himself a retro-active permit. Sounds like corruption, with a president's kid benefiting from his father's name and position. Hmm. Odd, since he goes around bashing others for that.

That means the arrogant jerk didn't even know what he was shooting at. All he cares about are bringing parts of an animal home as trophies. And we paid for 4 or 5 SS guys to go on his luxury trophy-hunt of endangered species.

"...Local hunting guides fanned the lights of their cellphones across the ground to search for where the creature fell. Trump Jr. asked them not to dismember the animal on the spot, but instead to carry it away on an aluminum sheet to keep its fur and horns intact..."

ProPublica described the August excursion in a report that relies on records and interviews to allege that the president’s son received special treatment from the Mongolian government just weeks after U.S. and Mongolian officials met at the White House. The Trump administration has sought to strengthen ties with Mongolia, a longtime defense partner that lies between China and Russia, to prepare for Beijing’s growing global influence.

In Mongolia, permits to shoot and kill an argali, which are prized for their horns and meat, are determined largely by politics, connections and money, experts told ProPublica. Trump Jr. received a permit after his hunt — which ProPublica reported is a rare occurrence."...
It sounds like Mongolia needs to get its act together.

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It is an odd system they have for handing out these permits. It is corrupt. They are given out as favors to politicians and apparently a vapid son of a president.

So let's see. Where someone else would be fined, Little Don gets himself a retro-active permit. Sounds like corruption, with a president's kid benefiting from his father's name and position. Hmm. Odd, since he goes around bashing others for that.

That means the arrogant jerk didn't even know what he was shooting at. All he cares about are bringing parts of an animal home as trophies. And we paid for 4 or 5 SS guys to go on his luxury trophy-hunt of endangered species.

"...Local hunting guides fanned the lights of their cellphones across the ground to search for where the creature fell. Trump Jr. asked them not to dismember the animal on the spot, but instead to carry it away on an aluminum sheet to keep its fur and horns intact..."

ProPublica described the August excursion in a report that relies on records and interviews to allege that the president’s son received special treatment from the Mongolian government just weeks after U.S. and Mongolian officials met at the White House. The Trump administration has sought to strengthen ties with Mongolia, a longtime defense partner that lies between China and Russia, to prepare for Beijing’s growing global influence.

In Mongolia, permits to shoot and kill an argali, which are prized for their horns and meat, are determined largely by politics, connections and money, experts told ProPublica. Trump Jr. received a permit after his hunt — which ProPublica reported is a rare occurrence."...
let's start an investigation ...quid pro quo anyone?

Old 12-12-2019, 01:18 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I've had exactly two steaks since 2016. Yes, that is correct and I can tell you when and where I ate them. We mostly eat vegetarian meat products when we want meat. If I want chicken, I buy free range that are treated humanely. Same goes for eggs and other meats, which we rarely eat. Not a fan of red meat since it's so bad for you. We don't even eat that much chicken, maybe twice a month. But I'm not a vegan.
Those chickens are murdered for your flavor cravings.

I guess as long as you're happy with their death.

Old 12-12-2019, 01:18 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The problem is that the animal is endangered and Jr did not have a permit to kill it.

The animal is not endangered, did you read the links within your link?

Quote:
The animals are listed as threatened under the U.S. Endangered Species Act.

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...dangered-sheep

^^^^This link is within the link you provided....

This link also says the following:

Quote:
Ahat said the embassy’s defense attache accompanied the hunting party on the trip.

"Jandos Kontorbai Ahat, a member of the Mongolian president’s political party."

So all these people just let jr run wild in their country, killing these rare sheep.....

LOL....what a failure of a thread....

Old 12-12-2019, 01:20 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Global Elitist Obama killed thousands of human, innocent civilians with drone attacks, but that's OK. Hunting is legal and ethical. He had the required permit. Get a life.
How many Americans did Gomer Bush kill looking for WMDs that he knew weren`t there? Those bodies were swept under the rug and that`s where they`ll stay.

Old 12-12-2019, 01:20 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Those chickens are murdered for your flavor cravings.

I guess as long as you're happy with their death.
I don't like factory farming, and trophy hunting less so. It's actually abhorrent and serves no purpose.

Old 12-12-2019, 01:22 PM

5,982 posts, read 2,236,544 times
My only question is why kill a sheep? They are not hard to kill, not dangerous from 100+ yards with a rifle, and not particularly interesting or worth mounting. I guess that is why I don't hunt, seems like a ridiculously unfair fight these days. Perhaps if we were using spears and knives then I could understand. At least with fishing there is a fight of some kind, hunting a sheep seems as boring as it gets.

I hope they ate the sheep or donated it to a someone that would eat it.

Old 12-12-2019, 01:23 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
We don't know for sure he knew he needed a permit.

What did the Mongolians who were with him say?
We don't know he didn't either. The Mongolians who were with him were there to make money carting him around.

If I were a trophy hunter I would make sure I was within the laws of the country where I am hunting for precisely this reason.

Old 12-12-2019, 01:25 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I am for a complete ban on hunting. I frankly don't see a need for it when you can go to the grocery store and buy all the meat you want.

I'm a life-long animal lover and always will be!
So you prefer factory farming and mass processing to hunting? Animals raised in cages and on feed lots being pumped full of processed feed and growth hormone, antibiotic, etc. to animals living free and taken out quickly by a predator.

The need for it is to maintain the population. All of the human encroachment and development causes loss of habitat and population increases which result in disease and starvation and then population crashes. The available land can only support so many individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies