Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 04:02 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
1) Paid with Private Money
2) Did not displace or require the movement of another statue

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the statue. If someone is upset about Confederate statues then I do have a question? How long is America obligated to keep statues of traitors in place across the South? I don't see many British or Canadian statues up commemorating the Revolutionary war or the war of 1812.

The South did a good job of re-writing history post the Civil war but we have moved way past those times. The divisions between the North and South matter much less than other divisions these days (Coastal vs interior of country or Rural vs City). The ole South shall rise again falls on deaf ears these days.

Judging from the OP and responses, these people never heard of The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

And Richmond is not NOVA, whoever tried to fabricate that theory....

Old 03-25-2020, 06:18 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Judging from the OP and responses, these people never heard of The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

And Richmond is not NOVA, whoever tried to fabricate that theory....
I think some people don't care about the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. That statue bothers him much more.

Richmond is one of the former Confederate capitals. Outside of Richmond proper, it's different, more in tune with the Old South.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies