Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 11:41 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,174,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The approach should be showing there is ZERO evidence and repeating it non-stop.

Make these "witnesses" testify it's only their opinion over and over again ad nauseum.
Zero evidence for obstruction? Last I checked burying one's head in the sand is not a defence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 11:42 AM

518 posts, read 448,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Dragging it out also allows the Democrats to interview witnesses, and pull up more hearsay/gossip/third party opinions from far away/etc. LOL

They should kill it quickly I think, no matter what. A month, tops. I think Mitch McConnell & colleagues are wise to this, and it benefits them little really, to let it drag beyond January. They need to kill it, and move on.

The Democrats will come up with another "got ya now!" crisis/hoax with Trump though, immediately after this impeachment dies down. Thinking sometime in March/April will be when the next investigation rumbles pop up.

LOL, just never ending for the clown Democrats these days.
Dan Bongino who has an awesome podcast btw and has been proven right on almost every single prediction he has made for many months if not a couple of years now about the Russia investigation, Mueller report, this latest Ukraine hoax, etc is already giving everyone a heads up that the next Democrat hoax will be about supposed Trump collusion with Turkey. He's saying that once this latest impeachment hoax fails that Turkish collusion will the Democrats next fake hoax.

P.S. If you haven't checked out Bongino's podcast on youtube I highly recommend it. He has absolutely nailed the Russian collusion hoax and the whole Spygate for over 2 years now and the stuff he was talking about many months ago has all eventually proven to be true.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:51 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The defense is pretty simple. Demonstrate that there was evidence of corruption within Ukraine, demonstrate that a suspect company was Burisma, demonstrate that Biden's son was a direct employee and demonstrate that Gropy Joe bribed Ukrainian leaders to drop the investigation. It is PERFECTLY REASONABLE for a president to ask a foreign nation to clear up corruption within it's government prior to receiving US taxpayer dollars. If any evidence of that exists, even if Trump did "quid-pro-quo" Ukraine-it is not just not a crime-but a job expectation.

Democrats are too damn stupid to figure that out.

Oh-by the way, the Democrats have killed Biden's campaign. They have made sure his corrupt acts are now known to virtually every American. And by killing their only remotely sane (if highly demented) candidates chances, they have handed Trump 4 more years. They are too stupid to figure that out as well.
Well then why are all the republicans on here freaking out?

Old 12-12-2019, 11:58 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
The smart move is for the Democrats to save themselves and this nation from any more indignity and social-fabric damage (on top of so much already) and drop the entire doomed, desperate venture.

Their screaching golem hordes won't let them and so, instead, this nation will continue to be dragged through the mud. Until this inevitably ends with Trump's second term.

As well inevitably ends with our "press" writing columns centered around exasperated queries of the public that ask why the press's unending anti-Trump propaganda didn't work toward having this nation's unified working class take up torches and drive Trump out of the Oval.

As our press has seemingly come to think that their opinions, however unhinged, should effectively direct public opinion without fail. Their periodic public whines illustrating the contrary are telling, and are a large indication of widespread political corruption of our journalism institution as well as a raging class split that is becoming more difficult to hide and keep under control.

Last edited by golgi1; 12-12-2019 at 12:11 PM..

Old 12-12-2019, 12:02 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
I think that the trial should be delayed long enough so that the courts can make a final ruling on testimony from Bolton and McGahn. I would like to see them testify in the Senate, as well as anyone else involved who was previously subpoenaed.

I believe in transparency, and we should hear from these people.

Old 12-12-2019, 12:03 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The best thing for the country would be to throw the articles in the trash shortly after they arrive.....but given that Democrats essentially pissed on the carpet with this entirely partisan impeachment nonsense there's no way the Republicans will turn down the opportunity to rub the Democrats noses in it at least a little bit.
Should all president`s be allowed to withhold funding to a country until they do him or her a personal favor or just this president? This threat to our national security impeached himself and anyone who`s mind hasn`t been captured by the Russian troll farms knows it. The whole world knows it.

Old 12-12-2019, 12:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Well then why are all the republicans on here freaking out?

There is no reasonable perception of reality that holds that Republicans are the ones freaking out. Liberals have been trying to burn this nation's social fabric down to its studs since the 2016 election season in order to prevent and remove Trump from office.

Old 12-12-2019, 12:08 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
My preference would be a quick vote, dismissal, and onto other serious business such as trade, Hong Kong, etc.

My guess is that political calculus will dictate a fairly drawn out trial, with the Bidens, the 'whistleblower,' etc. being brought in as witnesses.

The GOP did benefit politically from the Kavanaugh hearings, and the impeachment trial will be an opportunity to replicate that on steroids. Per the Constitution, McConnell has carte blanche as to how the trial is run. I doubt he will want to bypass such an opportunity.

Old 12-12-2019, 12:08 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The smart move is for the Democrats to save themselves and this nation from any more indignity and social-fabric damage (on top of so much already) and drop the entire doomed, desperate venture.

Their screaching golem hordes won't let them and so, instead, this nation will continue to be dragged through the mud. Until this inevitably ends with Trump's second term.

As well as our "press" writing columns centered around exasperated queries of the public that ask why the press's unending anti-Trump propaganda didn't work toward having unified groups with torches drive Trump out of the Oval. As our press has seemingly come to think that their opinions, however unhinged, should effectively direct public opinion without fail.
I haven't watched much of the hearings at all, but when I have, the only screamers have been Gaetz and Doug Collins. Oh yeah, and Jim Jordan.

Many of us are entirely aware that Trump very well may be re-elected. I would actually be surprised if he's not. However, the Dems are doing the right thing IMO. The man needs to have a big ole "I" after his name. At least he'll have that from the House.

I'm fully prepared for Trump to be president in 2020. My consolation is he won't be one forever. Sadly, much of the damage will have been done, but if people in this country don't care enough to change it, then there's not much I or anyone else can do about it.

Old 12-12-2019, 12:09 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Should all president`s be allowed to withhold funding to a country until they do him or her a personal favor or just this president? This threat to our national security impeached himself and anyone who`s mind hasn`t been captured by the Russian troll farms knows it. The whole world knows it.
Sondland said that Trump said "no quid pro quo".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies