Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe race relations are getting worse and we are moving toward racial separatism?
Yes 99 43.42%
No 129 56.58%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 06:20 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times

Advertisements

I believe that at best, the races can have fairly decent, yet fragile, relationships. Put a little heat on that dynamic and it goes to pot.

At this point, there is a lot of heat on race-relationships in the USA........the tribalism that has always been there, is turning into something that is flaunted, nasty and unrestrained, as opposed to tempered and low-key, like it should be, for the good of the very artificial-construct called society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2019, 06:20 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,216,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Eyes and ears don't lie. Slanted/biased statistics do such as from the link you provided.
Except eyes and ears can deceive, especially if they are engaging in confirmation bias of one’s view. I have had many of my views challenged by exposing myself to more information.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:35 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,347,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post

If Trump is a white supremacist, he's not a very good one as he married half his children off to Jews.
Being Jewish doesn't inoculate one from holding white supremacist views.

Case in point: Stephen Miller - who's been a racist way since being in high school, hobnobed with Richard Spencer while at Duke. TBF, one of his uncles has publicly disowned Stephen's political ideology.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:42 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,082,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Being Jewish doesn't inoculate one from holding white supremacist views.

Case in point: Stephen Miller - who's been a racist way since being in high school, hobnobed with Richard Spencer while at Duke. TBF, one of his uncles has publicly disowned Stephen's political ideology.
And I'm guessing Kanye West is a white supremacist too!...lol

Old 12-15-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Exactly. $8b spent annually on diversity training is a waste.
Well, I guess you're fine with spending $64B on the costs of workplace discrimination - like employee turnover, lawsuits, and hits to organizations' reputation.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:45 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Except eyes and ears can deceive, especially if they are engaging in confirmation bias of one’s view. I have had many of my views challenged by exposing myself to more information.
No they can't aside from any biased views. I don't have biased views anyway. I know what I see and hear and it's everywhere.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:47 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:

If Trump is a white supremacist, he's not a very good one as he married half his children off to Jews.
He's also been married to at least a couple of immigrants.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
It was a bald-faced lie by Kennedy, and we have every right to be mad about it and to demand recourse be taken to remedy that awful lie.
Well, too bad. The 1965 immigration laws corrected blatantly racist restrictions on immigration from Asian and other countries and I'm glad for that. For a long time, folks who look like me couldn't even be naturalized.

Your grandfather's era ain't coming back, no matter how much you pine for revanchism. Deal with it.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
And I'm guessing Kanye West is a white supremacist too!...lol
Really? I didn't know Kanye is Jewish.

Old 12-15-2019, 07:05 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, too bad. The 1965 immigration laws corrected blatantly racist restrictions on immigration from Asian and other countries and I'm glad for that. For a long time, folks who look like me couldn't even be naturalized.

Your grandfather's era ain't coming back, no matter how much you pine for revanchism. Deal with it.
Why should China be allowed to emigrate people here? What did China ever do for America or anyone else? We saved them in WWII, then they turned around and fought at least two huge wars by proxy against us. We helped them lift themselves out of poverty and they attempt to steal from us blind. China to this day basically allows no one to naturalize. There's no reason to allow immigration especially from a hostile and nationalist and supremacist nation just because you want it and you'll call people names if they oppose it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies