Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe race relations are getting worse and we are moving toward racial separatism?
Yes 99 43.42%
No 129 56.58%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 12:53 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,045,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
You are not Swedish. If you are as you claim then...

Where in Sweden did you grow up?
Do you speak the Swedish language?
Do you adhere to the cultural and societal norms of Swedish society?
Ever heard of the phrase "Lagom"? Probably not.

You may have a passing resemblance to Swedish people but nobody in Sweden would take you as their own and they probably wouldn't like you if they met you.
I am of Swedish descent. Unlike you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Trying to project your tribal antagonism onto others?

Well, this was more than 25 years ago. The folks in the community - and that includes Korean Americans, African Americans, Latinos, and others - learned from that experience since then. Unlike you, they're capable of change and understandng, and collaboration.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...429-story.html

Actually, Koreatown is majority Hispanic/Latino. There's also a community of Thais and Bangledeshis too.

Maybe one solution is intermarriage. Forgot to tell you, one of my cousins (grew up in NY) married a Twin Cities native (a white guy of German or Scandinavian ancestry) and have lived in the Twin Cities for over 20 years. Both my brother and sister have married non-Asians and so have a majority of my cousins.

So you can either cling onto your bitterness at the demographic changes, wishing that the 1965 immigration act never happened, or you just deal.
The Hmongs keep to themselves more than anyone in the Twin Cities. More or less. They are very isolated. Very little (almost none) intermarriage.

Old 12-18-2019, 01:25 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,228,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I am of Swedish descent. Unlike you...
Nobody in Europe considers that to be of any value. People in Ireland do not consider Irish Americans to be Irish. Matter of fact they call the Plastic Patties. Italians do not consider Italian Americans to be Italian. You know that you are to them. Just an American.

Old 12-18-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Nobody in Europe considers that to be of any value. People in Ireland do not consider Irish Americans to be Irish. Matter of fact they call the Plastic Patties. Italians do not consider Italian Americans to be Italian. You know that you are to them. Just an American.
You don't speak for the entirety of those places. They are not monolithic in their ideals.

They have allowed their cultures to be defiled by cu(ks, I will give you that. Cultural Marxism has poisoned all of the West, for sure.

But yet I will always have more in common with them than with you. Blood is thicker than water

Old 12-18-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
You don't speak for the entirety of those places. They are not monolithic in their ideals.
They aren't a monolithic you are right. But having lived in Europe for years I can attest from the many conversations I have had with various European peoples (including people in Sweden) that they have little love or interest in White Americans.

Quote:
They have allowed their cultures to be defiled by cu(ks, I will give you that. Cultural Marxism has poisoned all of the West, for sure.
The West is a nonsense term along with the term "Cultural Marxism" of which you have no concept of what it actually means.

Quote:
But yet I will always have more in common with them than with you. Blood is thicker than water
Which is something nobody in Sweden actually considers to be important. Swedes are much more into the notion of culture then they are of ethnicity and heritage. Being Swedish is more of a way of being and perceiving the world then blood heritage. Logom.

Old 12-18-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
They aren't a monolithic you are right. But having lived in Europe for years I can attest from the many conversations I have had with various European peoples (including people in Sweden) that they have little love or interest in White .
Rubbish.

Old 12-18-2019, 03:59 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,400,848 times
Quote:
Which is something nobody in Sweden actually considers to be important. Swedes are much more into the notion of culture then they are of ethnicity and heritage. Being Swedish is more of a way of being and perceiving the world then blood heritage. Logom.
This shall be their undoing.

Old 12-18-2019, 04:01 PM

13,562 posts, read 10,285,234 times
Quote:

So move to Sweden, then, if you're so bitter and unhappy at how things are here.

Old 12-18-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
This shall be their undoing.
They are healthier, happier, more financially stable, more politically stable, more socially content then White Americans. I don't worry about the Swedish people, they are doing great. You lot...not so much

Old 12-18-2019, 04:10 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,455,882 times
It is two different questions.

Certain elements of our society are certainly moving towards separatism, but it is not primarily based on race.

As far as the racism, I do not think that it is getting worse, although the weaponization of vitriolic and hateful racial rhetoric by the Democrat left and their supporters in the mass media certainly has.

But that is a nakedly brazen effort to pit different groups against each other for partisan political reasons, as anyone who is not a numb-skull can easily see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies