Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 06:13 PM

18,744 posts, read 7,613,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Personally, I seriously doubt America will ever enforce a mandatory gun seizure anywhere even if such a thing becomes law.
It's already been happening in California, Florida, and several other states. Gun-seizure laws have been enacted in many areas, and are being enforced.

For years now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 06:17 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Just Fascists acting like Fascists. Way to go Democrats.

Old 12-12-2019, 06:45 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
It's already been happening in California, Florida, and several other states. Gun-seizure laws have been enacted in many areas, and are being enforced.

For years now.
All the more reason to never register as Gov Coonskin is now speaking of a "compromise" for offering to grandfather ownership of one's legally-obtained personal property. No details on that, but in Kalifornia one cannot pass one's registered (and neutered) rifles to one's children. They must be surrendered to the state upon death. I've acquired a fine collection I intend to pass to my child. In fact, I just minutes ago added another AR pistol to the vault.

Dems take the long view. First it's just register, then it's just outlaw "dangerous, high-capacity high caliber clipazines"... all for the children, you understand. Then one day it's decreed that *your* weapons are outlawed, and since you complied and told them what you have, there's a knock at your door very early one morning.

The NG threat rings hollow. Some may, but none are qualified to act as local law enforcement. I'd suspect many are gun owners also, and they, too, have spouses and children to think of should their personal information become known as having participated in fascist activities against their countrymen. They cannot lock down an entire state, and even in trying what could be accomplished?

Virginia has a strong history of gun ownership and use, and any NG troops deployed would be outnumbered 100-to-1 by skilled hunters, trained military veterans, and others proficient in firearms use.

No compromise.
No compliance.
No registration.

Time to send Ralphie-boy and his klan packing.

Last edited by Workin_Hard; 12-12-2019 at 07:16 PM..

Old 12-12-2019, 06:54 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sanctuary county is a meaningless term, the state decides the gun laws, but if it makes them feel better good for them.

Yet another they're coming for your guns thread.
The counties ARE the state.

Old 12-12-2019, 06:58 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
The liberals says the NRA are trying to scare people but it's the Democrat governor threatening to use force with the National Guard.... Who is trying to scare who exactly?

Old 12-12-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I see comments from one Virginia congressman, not the governor but I do see that as an empty promise. Also mentioned is the withholding of funds to these counties and the removal of sheriffs refusing to uphold the laws of the state., that is the reasonable approach. The bill hasn't passed yet.

We don't need local law enforcement deciding what laws they will enforce.
They swear an oath to the Constitution. They have a legal and moral duty to tell the state government to go to hell.

Old 12-12-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I see comments from one Virginia congressman, not the governor but I do see that as an empty promise. Also mentioned is the withholding of funds to these counties and the removal of sheriffs refusing to uphold the laws of the state., that is the reasonable approach. The bill hasn't passed yet.

We don't need local law enforcement deciding what laws they will enforce.
We sure as hell don't need YOU telling them what laws they will NOT enforce and what rights they will NOT protect. The Second Amendment is a LAW that recognizes a NATURAL RIGHT.

Old 12-12-2019, 07:32 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Sanctuary county is a meaningless term, the state decides the gun laws, but if it makes them feel better good for them.

Yet another they're coming for your guns thread.
You mean like sanctuary cities and states are for criminal aliens? And how states ignore federal drug laws? The situation with these counties is very similar-except the laws being proposed against them are blatantly violating the civil rights of the citizens.

I strongly suspect that most in the National Guard are NOT liberals. I have to wonder, first-how many will refuse to take up arms against their own citizens? And 2nd-if this will drive them to arrest the governor and others in the state leadership for illegal orders. We may end up with another coup in this country-not just the one that House Democrats are fomenting.

Old 12-12-2019, 07:37 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,219,603 times
If the map is correct, most of Virginia is a sanctuary. So...the people have spoken?

Old 12-12-2019, 08:50 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The counties ARE the state.
Counties don’t get to pass laws to their liking that are in opposition to the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies