Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 08:54 PM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You mean like sanctuary cities and states are for criminal aliens? And how states ignore federal drug laws? The situation with these counties is very similar-except the laws being proposed against them are blatantly violating the civil rights of the citizens.

I strongly suspect that most in the National Guard are NOT liberals. I have to wonder, first-how many will refuse to take up arms against their own citizens? And 2nd-if this will drive them to arrest the governor and others in the state leadership for illegal orders. We may end up with another coup in this country-not just the one that House Democrats are fomenting.
Please define a sanctuary city and how they defy federal law. Spare me the national guard is coming for your guns conspiracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
They swear an oath to the Constitution. They have a legal and moral duty to tell the state government to go to hell.
Really, you want police officers interpreting the constitution and determining which laws they will enforce.

Old 12-12-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
The article says someone in Virginia is suggesting enforcing laws or being arrested etc by National Guard. We call that a police state..

You havent really read the proposed laws, banning of certain guns, no grandfathering, no training (ie training people how to fight, like in a DoJo with things attached to explain it better.)Virginia Lawmakers Seek to Criminalize Children Using Firearms in Home Defense, Class 1 misdemeanor for any person knowingly to authorize a child under the age of 18 to use a firearm except when the person is under the supervision of an adult, Assault weapons ban (complete ban, no sale, transportation, bartering, renting etc etc).
I will stop as it obvious I am wasting my time with the idiocy of Virginia proposed laws/control.
Well you might want to consider changing the title of your thread since you indicated governor, not someone in the state legislature. I know you want to be fair.

Old 12-12-2019, 09:11 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We've had tons of places in the US refuse to enforce other laws like immigration, but the minute someone tries the tactic with a topic you want enforced then suddenly it's time for strict enforcement.

Seems kinda oh....fascist.
Sounds like a typical Fascist...the police/soldiers should obey all orders of their dear leader instead of refusing to obey an UNLAWFUL order!

Old 12-12-2019, 09:29 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Really, you want police officers interpreting the constitution and determining which laws they will enforce.
Of course, I do. What kind of sicko wants the cops enforcing illegal "laws"? Besides you, I mean.

They are legally *required* to interpret the Constitution and determine what "laws" they will enforce. Failure to do that is punishable by imprisonment (for perjury) and, some would say, eternal damnation. Apparently you don't know what an oath is.

Old 12-12-2019, 09:35 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
I wonder where all this patriotism on guns was at in relation to full automatics? Go try to buy one of these and see what kind of infringements there are in place!!

Even if you do get the Class 3 license, you cannot buy anything made after 1986, and the full autos you can buy, are usually up near $20K or more (this seems like a tactic to keep full autos out of the publics hands).

Old 12-12-2019, 11:44 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
If true, which I seriously doubt, do you seriously think part-time soldiers, who many of themselves own AR15s, M4s and the various AKs, will be willing to do the dirty work of the Far-Left?

As a retired Soldier, we’re not mindless machines and our loyalty and allegiance is first to the the American people and the U.S. Constitution. Yes, you agreed to obey the “lawful” orders of a State Governor, if you’re a National Guardsmen, but under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, Soldiers are allowed to disobey “unlawful” and “illegal” orders given by superiors.

Plus, to be subject to the Military Code of Military Justice, which is harsher than civilian courts, you have to be ordered to a period of service on Active Duty.

Plus, say the Virginia State Governor does order a “call-up” of his National Guard, it’s not a criminal act by not showing up... Yes, you can face some administrative actions, the worst being removed from the National Guard... Yeah, hurt my feelings!!

By doing this, the Governor of Virginia could actually destroy the State’s own Army National Guard for numerous years by having Soldiers refusing to ever show up again, retire, stop re-enlisting or surrender their commissions.

Also, the ultimate “trump card” would be President Trump signing an executive order and under title 10 of United States Code, he can order the Virginia State’s National Guard to Active (Federal) Duty and give a “lawful” order, punishable by criminal law under the UCMJ, to stand-down and restrict them to their barracks or if he was smart, order them to report to Ft. Bragg, North Carolina for a “Military Readiness Drill” ...Under the Control and Command of the 82nd Airborne Division and the 18th Airborne Corps.

By doing this, the Governor of Virginia looses its “military arm” and there isn’t a dang thing he can do about it. Btw, President Kennedy did this back in the early 60s.

I seriously doubt that any other neighboring States would send in their own Army National Guard troops to Virginia... No other State would want to get involved in an unpopular event in another State.

Basically, the Far-Left will not have a military force, to enforce their illegal orders.

Old 12-13-2019, 02:19 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
It is the duty of U.S. soldiers to disobey illegal and unconstitutional orders.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:40 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It is the duty of U.S. soldiers to disobey illegal and unconstitutional orders.
Correct. No soldier may be compelled to follow an unlawful order. In this case I am quite certain very few would even consider it.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:54 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That's always where things get sticky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies