Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 11:42 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times

Advertisements

Why Do We Push People On Drugs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knv1uiTa-QE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2019, 11:50 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You do live in Fantasy land!
Check out your own county DA, and see how many of their cases are drug or drug related.

Old 12-16-2019, 02:50 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Check out your own county DA, and see how many of their cases are drug or drug related.
The majority of them are.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:41 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times
you're kidding right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
we punish people because of the legacy effects of our religious society...actually enjoying something is frowned upon
so we set up man-made artificial consequences to make things worse than they are..

the war on drugs creates much of the criminal behavior we seek to stop by virtue of higher prices, crime rises and even children are brought in by virtue of our juvenile system being more tolerant...
we have had a war for 100 years but only in the 70s did we decide to get really tough and we filled prison after prison..

before we got tough we had many many people having access to doctor provided dope which created family problems but NOT the extreme criminality we now see

Old 12-17-2019, 06:52 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
you're kidding right???

absolutely serious..what do you find fault with dare i ask?

by the way my mother was a nurse and worked her whole career from the 1940s to the 1970s on and off addicted to opioids
with no criminal consequences

Old 12-23-2019, 08:41 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
we punish people because of the legacy effects of our religious society...actually enjoying something is frowned upon
so we set up man-made artificial consequences to make things worse than they are..

the war on drugs creates much of the criminal behavior we seek to stop by virtue of higher prices, crime rises and even children are brought in by virtue of our juvenile system being more tolerant...
we have had a war for 100 years but only in the 70s did we decide to get really tough and we filled prison after prison..

before we got tough we had many many people having access to doctor provided dope which created family problems but NOT the extreme criminality we now see
Hello.....it’s 2019, not 1970. We haven’t had any “war on drugs” for 30 years. It’s all been just silly lip service.

Last edited by maineguy8888; 12-23-2019 at 08:56 PM..

Old 12-23-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
So you are FOR locking up people for drug use so you are trying to argue for your position by making it seem like those who are opposed to your views are against someone being locked up for violence.

That's just weird.
lol.....that’s because they ARE against druggies being locked up for violence. It’s all about the “diversion” baby. Jared and Ivanka agree!

(A couple years ago, some young druggie in my state tried to sexually assault a stranger. Then he attacked a guy who tried to step in. But the poor guy “had a problem”...So he got “diverted”.....no jail time, even after he was caught using again. And violated his terms by committing other assaults, too. But nobody wants to lock up the druggies anymore. It’s “not nice”.
Well, it wasn’t too nice last week when the same punk randomly stabbed to death an 82-year old pillar of the community, and tried to kill a couple other random folks. Throw in a rape, too.
Not too nice at all.)

Old 12-23-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The premise of this thread was odious, at best.
Nah, what was odious was that guy smashing the little tot in the face so hard that he went flying down the aisle.
How about a little moral relativism, scarecrow?.......

Old 12-23-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Maybe we punish people because otherwise we'd have to admit that there is something fundamentally wrong with a society that brags about how great it is, but has so much drug use.
I agree....it’s your fault and my fault that this guy did that.

Old 12-23-2019, 09:06 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
https://nypost.com/2019/12/13/man-pu...ult-in-target/

This guy walked up to two random little kids in Target and hammered them in the face. But he was using drugs.
Why do we punish people like this??? He was high on drugs. I'm sure that he is actually a nice guy....

(Make sure you watch the video.....)
Same reason we punish those who get drunk and then do horrible things like start bar brawls or cause fatal DUI crashes. You know what the drug can do to you, and yet, you still decided to keep on drinking or getting high, and when your reckless behavior threatens other people's lives, you need to be punished to be taught a lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies