Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 05:12 PM

5,101 posts, read 2,046,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post

What is it with the right wing being so obsessed with George Soros? And if he supports Greta's efforts, then so be it.
I remember a time when the left wing was obsessed with the Koch brothers but now both them and Soros are anti-Trump and joint their forces, they became bedfellows, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQScne_vaJg

And Tim Pool, since when he's a right wing guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkk9DI-8el4

Old 12-14-2019, 05:16 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,110,337 times
Most people don't like her probably because they're older and feel washed up. They'll never have a chance to make a difference.

And honestly, that's ok to just be ordinary. Most of us won't really do anything groundbreaking for the world.

It's when you trash someone who's trying..

Old 12-14-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Most people don't like her probably because they're older and feel washed up. They'll never have a chance to make a difference.
Like the protesters in Hong-Kong who try to make a bigger difference?

Btw I wonder which event will happen first between the Toronto Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup or Greta saying her catchphrase "How Dare you" to president Xi Jinping "the Pooh"? I hope I won't be banned for the reference of President Xi Jinping to Winnie the Pooh.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Like the protesters in Hong-Kong who try to make a bigger difference?

Btw I wonder which event will happen first between the Toronto Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup or Greta saying her catchphrase "How Dare you" to president Xi Jinping "the Pooh"? I hope I won't be banned for the reference of President Xi Jinping to Winnie the Pooh.
There is a bunch of different issues affecting the world RN.

She's addressing one of them. I'm sure china see's her. and she could spark the mind of a chinese Greta.

Overall the issue that she's addressing is the future of her generation around the world.

The adults are fighting over money/power. I the background something is brewing. So the fight is against the complacency of people in power.

And would China really give her a platform? Considering they wanna silence anyone standing up to the government...

The only people who should be upset with her are people in power..

Old 12-14-2019, 05:48 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,377,904 times
Quote:
There is a bunch of different issues affecting the world RN.

She's addressing one of them. I'm sure china see's her. and she could spark the mind of a chinese Greta.

Overall the issue that she's addressing is the future of her generation around the world.

The adults are fighting over money/power. I the background something is brewing. So the fight is against the complacency of people in power.

And would China really give her a platform? Considering they wanna silence anyone standing up to the government...

You hush up and get into your efficiency apartment next to a bus line. You won't be eating meat or flying/driving anywhere. Do as your told.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You hush up and get into your efficiency apartment next to a bus line. You won't be eating meat or flying/driving anywhere. Do as your told.
And you here you go exaggerating...

Old 12-14-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
To see how the French Revolution had turned as well as the Russian Revolution. I hope the next one won't eat its children like the previous ones did.

Quote:

One guy on some forum posted that one then I decided to share that quote. Drop me a personnal message to see from which forum it came.
Quote:
She is an agent of the status quo, she is a pet of the power that people always proclaim they wish to fight.

Old 12-14-2019, 06:46 PM

30,350 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Only that you guys are attacking HER not what she has to say. Your not even understanding. Right away you trash her as a person.

She's pretty much being attacked by adult children...
She's an angry cry baby who says stupid things....which is her right as a 16 yoa childish little girl. She is a useful tool to those seeking to take our freedoms and fortunes from us....what else is there to say?

Old 12-14-2019, 07:48 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,385,183 times
greta is being use as a stool pidegon, they know nobody in there right mine would attack a 16 year old girl more less one with a disability. Doesnt matter if she right or wrong, she off limit to any counter point disagreement

Old 12-15-2019, 01:14 PM

1,145 posts, read 1,009,408 times
She apologized:

"Yesterday I said we must hold our leaders accountable and unfortunately said “put them against the wall”. That’s Swenglish: “att ställa någon mot väggen” (to put someone against the wall) means to hold someone accountable.That’s what happens when you improvise speeches in a second language.
But of course I apologise if anyone misunderstood this. I can not enough express the fact that I - as well as the entire school strike movement- are against any possible form of violence. It goes without saying but I say it anyway."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies