Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 03:27 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,230,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You said they work there because they're unqualified to work anywhere else. That's you claiming that's the only jobs they can get. Just own it instead of trying to twist your words.
I do own it. Why else would they be working there? What are you trying to say here? The ones that are students are likely only qualified for that job as well. Doesn’t mean that they will be working there after they graduate, once they qualify for better jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2019, 03:30 PM

4,891 posts, read 2,048,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Drug laws ARE absolutely 'BS', they are unconstitutional by design and were created as tools of racism...

Would you stand by police in the pre civil rights era south, when they enforced laws on where black people can sit on a bus, eat lunch, drink from a water fountain, use the bathroom, etc, or would you disobey and refuse to comply? (If you notice, history remembers those who refused to comply to these laws and honors them as heroes and patriots).

It has NEVER been an acceptable excuse to 'just be doing ones job', in relation to enforcing unconstitutional laws.
Wow... Dude, illegal drug usage equals racism?? This is the dumbest thing I've read on CD in the last twelve months. You sir, need to stop using drugs.

Please stop using drugs since its screwing with your brains!!

Your attempt to play the victim or give drug users/addicts the status of a myrtle in complete and total failure.

My father suffered the Jim Crowe laws of the South and both him and my mother, a White lady, had to put up with racist sheet here in the uber liberal Seattle area... Up into the early 70s... I was born in the early 60s and they caught "major sheet" for being in love and having mix race children.

Serioisly, some people hate our cops, but life in America would seriously suck without them maintaining order... Without them, it would be might makes right, like during the 1800s in the Old West.

How would liberals, who hate guns, deal with that disorder? I know, they'd call the police.

I can never understand why people hate what protects them and their rights.

Old 12-15-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Drug laws ARE absolutely 'BS', they are unconstitutional by design and were created as tools of racism...

Would you stand by police in the pre civil rights era south, when they enforced laws on where black people can sit on a bus, eat lunch, drink from a water fountain, use the bathroom, etc, or would you disobey and refuse to comply? (If you notice, history remembers those who refused to comply to these laws and honors them as heroes and patriots).

It has NEVER been an acceptable excuse to 'just be doing ones job', in relation to enforcing unconstitutional laws.
Drug laws are not inherently racist. Like ANY law, they could be enforced in a racist manner. Black people are/were profiled for speeding violations. Does that mean that laws against speeding are BS laws too?

Old 12-15-2019, 03:39 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,819,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
lol. thank you. I'd also add:

"what does them police (usually said about blacks) have to do with anything? why are police playing the cop-card?"
Is this written in some sort of code speak? Makes absolutely no sense.

Old 12-15-2019, 05:09 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,778,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Drug laws are not inherently racist. Like ANY law, they could be enforced in a racist manner. Black people are/were profiled for speeding violations. Does that mean that laws against speeding are BS laws too?
I’ll just assert here that if your handle is indicative and true, you make lots of assumptions for a man of science.

Old 12-15-2019, 05:17 PM

52,160 posts, read 52,609,244 times
I'm a mellow guy.
I'm not big.
I'm not threatening in the slightest.
I'm middle aged and about as vanilla as the come.

If I ever saw for myself in person directly in front of me two polices officers purposely being ignored I'd get real ghetto on their ass real quick.

To the point that said officers would probably have intervene.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I’ll just assert here that if your handle is indicative and true, you make lots of assumptions for a man of science.
There are zero assumptions in that post. Show me what you think is an assumption, in those four short sentences.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:25 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,547,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm a mellow guy.
I'm not big.
I'm not threatening in the slightest.
I'm middle aged and about as vanilla as the come.

If I ever saw for myself in person directly in front of me two polices officers purposely being ignored I'd get real ghetto on their ass real quick.

To the point that said officers would probably have intervene.
Lol, keyboard commandos always crack me up.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:30 PM

37,948 posts, read 17,844,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Wow... Dude, illegal drug usage equals racism?? This is the dumbest thing I've read on CD in the last twelve months. You sir, need to stop using drugs.

Please stop using drugs since its screwing with your brains!!

Your attempt to play the victim or give drug users/addicts the status of a myrtle in complete and total failure.

My father suffered the Jim Crowe laws of the South and both him and my mother, a White lady, had to put up with racist sheet here in the uber liberal Seattle area... Up into the early 70s... I was born in the early 60s and they caught "major sheet" for being in love and having mix race children.

Serioisly, some people hate our cops, but life in America would seriously suck without them maintaining order... Without them, it would be might makes right, like during the 1800s in the Old West.

How would liberals, who hate guns, deal with that disorder? I know, they'd call the police.

I can never understand why people hate what protects them and their rights.
Speed limits were not introduced because of racism like marijuana laws were.
. “Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men,” he was quoted as saying. “There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others.”

https://timeline.com/harry-anslinger...x-fb5cbc281189

Crack cocaine having a harsher sentence than powdered cocaine was done purposely based on race.

Law enforcement doesn't protect we the people, they come after the fact. Is Law Enforcement racist? No they go to the populated areas where the crime is which is inner city minority neighborhoods. So while not specifically targeted, minorities are indirectly targeted.

Your comments are some of the dumbest and ignorant comments I've read on CD in the last twelve months. You sir, need to stop writing checks with your mouth and do some actual research before popping off.

Old 12-15-2019, 07:05 PM

52,160 posts, read 52,609,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, keyboard commandos always crack me up.
Did I not provide enough disclaimers? I just have a low threshold for people being dicks to cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies