Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 09:57 AM

78,943 posts, read 61,126,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
The explanation as FAR AS WHY those 2 cops were ignored is something to consider. I very well might be wrong and might be foolish in assuming, but it could have been a busy night. Say you have a line of 11 customers and a cop is in the middle. Does the fact they are cop afford them the right to cut in line and be served first? That can be hard to say!
Oh brother. They complain that they were standing there and ignored for 5 minutes and you spin that into them possibly cutting in line?

Also, it's a starbucks. They're small. You don't accidentally miss that a customer stands there for 5 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 09:59 AM

30,755 posts, read 18,466,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
There is a direct correlation between SES and prejudice. That’s why, for example, antisemitism is more prevalent among blacks than whites: blacks have lower educational attainment and high levels of poverty. I imagine that if you controlled for SES, blacks would have no more prejudice against Jews than do whites.
I think this is a case where correlation does not imply causation. I think it all comes down to ideology, much of which is religiously or otherwise culturally based. Indeed, there are more than a few very wealthy Arab states where antisemitism is still the order of the day. It is a disease that affects wealthy/educated societies and poorer/less formally educated societies.

Old 12-14-2019, 10:00 AM

10,653 posts, read 4,153,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I read about this earlier. What is it with fast food clerks and police? It is not just happening in Starbucks, but anywhere that has minimum wage, no qualification, entry level jobs. What do all these people have in common? They are uneducated, poor, and leftist.
And the ones most likely to be arrested and thrown into prison on a BS charge like drug possession, while the likes of Harvey Weinstein can rape women and just be given house arrest for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Yeah, exactly.

These folks are largely uneducated, leftist and go by hearsay that "orange man bad" or "racist" or any of the other mainstream media misinformation.

There's a trend, and the cop hating also speaks to an underlying lack of overall respect for any authority.
Respect is earned, not demanded. It's also why I tend to hate laws that you have to show respect to judges or be in contempt. To me, it's a violation of the first amendment. If I want to be a jerk to a judge, I should have that right. Especially since I last looked, they are paid by tax payer money, so in a sense, they work for me and I am their boss, not the other way around.

Old 12-14-2019, 10:00 AM

5,226 posts, read 3,165,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
This is what happens when you hire college grads who have woke degrees and cant find real jobs. Such people bring their woke ideology to the work place like Starbucks and perform acts such as these. Starbucks only can blame themselves for trying to be or appeal to be woke, while trying to inclusive to everybody, including cops.
^^^^^
I experienced this first hand. Went to pick up a relative at a hospital, it was 7AM and I needed a cup of coffee. The SB was right next to the hospital so I stopped and ordered a small brewed coffee, black. The young fella behind the counter squinted his eyes and shot back “You mean leave room for cream, right?”. Apparently it’s not PC/woke anymore to order *black* coffee.

Old 12-14-2019, 10:07 AM

2,567 posts, read 2,236,452 times
Reminds me of that commercial: "What do you do with a degree in Art History? Pour coffee for a living".

Old 12-14-2019, 10:29 AM

18,518 posts, read 15,342,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
And the ones most likely to be arrested and thrown into prison on a BS charge like drug possession, while the likes of Harvey Weinstein can rape women and just be given house arrest for it.

This is an emotional argument, not a logical one.

1. Drug possession is not a BS charge. Just because you disagree with a law, does not mean the police don't have an obligation to enforce it. As long as it is a law, they do. I believe in legalization of marijuana, but you would be a fool if you think you can go to states where it is still illegal, and flaunt it in the face of a cop, just because you think the law is wrong.

2. Weinstein? Tell it to the judge. The police did their job. They arrested him. They made him do the perp walk. They did everything they were supposed to do, so why take it out on them?

Old 12-14-2019, 10:43 AM

5,876 posts, read 3,323,405 times
Cops go to Starbucks? Shame on them for going there. Starbucks has been known to be anti police. Why give them a penny for their overpriced coffee? Dunkin and 7 11 are better options!!

Old 12-14-2019, 10:47 AM

31,846 posts, read 17,706,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
The explanation as FAR AS WHY those 2 cops were ignored is something to consider. I very well might be wrong and might be foolish in assuming, but it could have been a busy night. Say you have a line of 11 customers and a cop is in the middle. Does the fact they are cop afford them the right to cut in line and be served first? That can be hard to say!
You must be cramping up with this kind of a stretch.

Old 12-14-2019, 10:48 AM

8,445 posts, read 3,025,926 times
McDonald’s coffee is rated higher than Starbucks.

Old 12-14-2019, 10:48 AM

19,385 posts, read 6,545,512 times
If there’s a robbery at Starbucks, the cops might just take the long way to get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies