Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 07:08 AM

27,213 posts, read 13,502,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
If I were a cop, I would be afraid to eat at any fast food place, especially if I wore my uniform. These places do not exactly hire executive level employees, and I bet a lot of them have bad feelings about the police. Too easy for someone cooking the food to slip something foreign into your Big Mac, getting even with you for something law enforcement may have done to him/her in the past.

At $8.00 an hour, we are not getting Rhodes Scholars here.

I would bring a flask of coffee and some sandwiches to work if I was a rural cop.

In terms of urban cops, you would think the larger police stations would have subsidised police canteens as in the UK, where the police can get a hot meal and tea, coffee or soft drinks. Most poice stations even in rural areas where there is not a canteen, have a kettle, a fridge and a microwave so you can easily buy some prepackaged food or meal or make trea or coffee.

In terms of large events, the police usually have their own outsifde catering teams, and get hot drinks, bottled water, sandwiches etc.

The Civil Service and Local Authoritiues also have subsidised canteens.

Whilst the police can also use some shop staff canteens, indeed I know some department stores and shops such as Marks and Spenser let the police use their subsidised staff canteens where hot meals are served.

The poluce being refused service for food, is not a big issue outside of the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2019, 07:15 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,701,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Can you people hear yourselves? For Gods sake, two cops get bad service and its the end of civilization. By the way, you should decide whether the poor service offenders are over educated “woke” leftists, probably antifa , or uneducated thugs. It helps your story go down better.
There is a big difference between "poor service" and purposefully treating a certain group (police) with disdain. There is a particular group of people who have it in for police, and they sometimes do things like this to prove a point.

Big difference.

Old 12-15-2019, 07:46 AM

20,155 posts, read 9,049,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
If I were a cop, I would be afraid to eat at any fast food place, especially if I wore my uniform. These places do not exactly hire executive level employees, and I bet a lot of them have bad feelings about the police. Too easy for someone cooking the food to slip something foreign into your Big Mac, getting even with you for something law enforcement may have done to him/her in the past.

At $8.00 an hour, we are not getting Rhodes Scholars here.
they are getting a fair wage for what they are doing. If you find a job where it takes an hour to train you to do your job, what do you expect?

Old 12-15-2019, 07:49 AM

20,155 posts, read 9,049,040 times
veteran cops go in the back door for food and drink. Veteran shop owners take care of the police and the cops take care of them.

Old 12-15-2019, 09:49 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I read about this earlier. What is it with fast food clerks and police? It is not just happening in Starbucks, but anywhere that has minimum wage, no qualification, entry level jobs. What do all these people have in common? They are uneducated, poor, and leftist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
This is what happens when you hire college grads who have woke degrees and cant find real jobs. Such people bring their woke ideology to the work place like Starbucks and perform acts such as these. Starbucks only can blame themselves for trying to be or appeal to be woke, while trying to inclusive to everybody, including cops.
Starbuck employees come from all walks of life. Last year, 21,000 new hires were veterans.

Some choose to work at Starbucks for benefits, including healthcare, tuitiin reimbursement and 401k.

https://stories.starbucks.com/storie...18-commitment/

I don’t understand people who choose to put down people who work.

Employ 200,000 and it’s likely a tiny percentage of them are going to do something stupid to embarrass the brand.

Old 12-15-2019, 10:15 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,170,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
The explanation as FAR AS WHY those 2 cops were ignored is something to consider. I very well might be wrong and might be foolish in assuming, but it could have been a busy night. Say you have a line of 11 customers and a cop is in the middle. Does the fact they are cop afford them the right to cut in line and be served first? That can be hard to say!
The place was empty.......the group just stood around and made snide remarks and ignored the PD........

Old 12-15-2019, 10:17 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,572,432 times
Quote:
Do the liberals hand out instructions on how to respond to all of these incidents? I mean, it is always the same script.

1. ”We dont know the whole story.”
2. ”The behavior happened for other reasons.”
3. ”The victims are really the ones at fault.”

That is the blue print for every leftist response to posts about liberals behaving badly. Without fail.
No, that's the MO you people use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
This is what happens when you hire college grads who have woke degrees and cant find real jobs. Such people bring their woke ideology to the work place like Starbucks and perform acts such as these. Starbucks only can blame themselves for trying to be or appeal to be woke, while trying to inclusive to everybody, including cops.
Woke degrees? No idea what that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
There is a direct correlation between SES and prejudice. That’s why, for example, antisemitism is more prevalent among blacks than whites: blacks have lower educational attainment and high levels of poverty. I imagine that if you controlled for SES, blacks would have no more prejudice against Jews than do whites.
And yet, your post is totally off topic.

Quote:
Some people say that “college grads with useless degrees are working at Starbucks”, but that is not what I have seen. Not in this great job market. Not in the NYC area. I have been to a lot of Starbucks locations, and the people working at them, seem like the same types of people that work in any other fast food restaurant to me. They are working in a different business model, so that might give them the appearance of being different to some, but they are not.

And I never called them “thugs” but the reality is that they ARE at those jobs because they are not qualified for anything else. If they were qualified, in the best job market in 50 years, why would they be working in a no skill job that pays the lowest amount that can legally be paid? I stick by my post that they are uneducated, poor, and leftist.
Did it ever occur to you that they work there WHILE they are in school? Huh? Did that ever go thru your mind at any point? Did you know that Starbucks has a tuition program? Did you know that? Would you prefer people just not work at all, thereby relying on that nasty welfare you people LOVE to degrade others over? No, you never did think of that.

Old 12-15-2019, 10:40 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,624,016 times
Quote:
This is an emotional argument, not a logical one.

1. Drug possession is not a BS charge. Just because you disagree with a law, does not mean the police don't have an obligation to enforce it. As long as it is a law, they do. I believe in legalization of marijuana, but you would be a fool if you think you can go to states where it is still illegal, and flaunt it in the face of a cop, just because you think the law is wrong.

2. Weinstein? Tell it to the judge. The police did their job. They arrested him. They made him do the perp walk. They did everything they were supposed to do, so why take it out on them?
Drug laws ARE absolutely 'BS', they are unconstitutional by design and were created as tools of racism...

Would you stand by police in the pre civil rights era south, when they enforced laws on where black people can sit on a bus, eat lunch, drink from a water fountain, use the bathroom, etc, or would you disobey and refuse to comply? (If you notice, history remembers those who refused to comply to these laws and honors them as heroes and patriots).

It has NEVER been an acceptable excuse to 'just be doing ones job', in relation to enforcing unconstitutional laws.

Old 12-15-2019, 10:41 AM

18,480 posts, read 15,269,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No, that's the MO you people use.
Really? I know you are but what am I? This pattern/formula is seen on every single thread where there is a video of a leftist behaving badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post

Did it ever occur to you that they work there WHILE they are in school? Huh? Did that ever go thru your mind at any point? Did you know that Starbucks has a tuition program? Did you know that? Would you prefer people just not work at all, thereby relying on that nasty welfare you people LOVE to degrade others over? No, you never did think of that.
It would be foolish to think I don’t know that some minimum wage jobs were held by students. I think pretty much everyone knows that. They still fall under my category of poor, uneducated, leftists. But those are the ones that give me some hope, not the career minimum wage workers. In 10 years, they may be rich, educated, and conservative.

Old 12-15-2019, 11:13 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,572,432 times
Quote:
Really? I know you are but what am I? This pattern/formula is seen on every single thread where there is a video of a leftist behaving badly.

It would be foolish to think I don’t know that some minimum wage jobs were held by students. I think pretty much everyone knows that. They still fall under my category of poor, uneducated, leftists. But those are the ones that give me some hope, not the career minimum wage workers. In 10 years, they may be rich, educated, and conservative.
You said they work there because they're unqualified to work anywhere else. That's you claiming that's the only jobs they can get. Just own it instead of trying to twist your words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies