Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 08:38 AM

4,551 posts, read 3,750,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
What problem?
See post #7.

9,639 posts, read 6,016,325 times
Quote:
Speaking for myself I don’t hate homosexuals. I hate the sin. Did not Jesus associate with sinners such as prostitutes, thief’s, etc... quote “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." I just hope homosexuals turn way from their sin and find salvation. Does that make me and others who feel that way bad people?
jesus also told you not to judge others as it wasn’t your place to do so.

5,725 posts, read 11,713,551 times
Also from the bible: (Matthew 7)
Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Old 12-15-2019, 08:42 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
What problem?
The problem of believing in the literal truth of an approximately 3000-yo book full of misconceptions about the nature of he universe.

No one can blame the people who wrote these books for not knowing what they had no way to know. Bu the people today who believe it? Well....

Old 12-15-2019, 08:42 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,878 times
Quote:
jesus also told you not to judge others as it wasn’t your place to do so.
Ok... So if I meet someone that’s a racists that despises people of color. I shouldn’t judge that person?

Old 12-15-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Ok...let’s fast forward to current political correct times. So if I meet someone that’s a racists that despises people of color. I shouldn’t judge that person?
Well, see, that's one of the problems in believing in a scripture.

I have no problem at all judging people who ignore simple facts or who don't live up to their own moral code. If there is a real person underlying the new testament, he wasn't god. He did say some good things. He also said some balderdash. Just like each and every human being who has ever lived. (And yes, that includes me.)

Old 12-15-2019, 08:46 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,396,474 times
You should probably worry about your own sins and not others. That's what makes you a jerk towards homosexuals. Their sins are no worse than yours and are none of your business. Worry about your own house. You are a sinner. Everyone is.

You can believe all you want that homosexuality is a sin. Go to your little church and try to make their sins seem so much worse than yours. But when you spill that over into secular society you become the A-hole...and not much of a Christian at that.

Old 12-15-2019, 08:49 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,878 times
Quote:
You should probably worry about your own sins and not others. That's what makes you a jerk towards homosexuals. Their sins are no worse than yours and are none of your business. Worry about your own house. You are a sinner. Everyone is.

You can believe all you want that homosexuality is a sin. Go to your little church and try to make their sins seem so much worse than yours. But when you spill that over into secular society you become the A-hole...and not much of a Christian at that.
Well I guess...one day you and I are going to find out the truth when we finally meet God..
And your secular society won’t mean @#$#!

Old 12-15-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Well I guess...one day you and I are going to find out the truth when we finally meet God..
And your secular society won’t mean @#$#!
In the long term, you are of course correct. Except for academics, no one gives a rat's ass about the ancient assyrians anymore. Including what they believed about the god(s) they worshipped. Tell me, have you ever, even once in your life, worried about what the god the assyrians worshipped as the ruler of the universe would think of you?

But today? Our society is becoming more secular. And people like you are part of the reason why, because you represent a belief system that is just not that appealing. Or relevant.

Old 12-15-2019, 09:01 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Speaking for myself I don’t hate homosexuals. I hate the sin. Did not Jesus associate with sinners such as prostitutes, thief’s, etc... quote “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." I just hope homosexuals turn way from their sin and find salvation. Does that make me and others who feel that way bad people?
HATE is a choice that you make every day when it comes to homosexuals.

Is that a word you use with people who are divorced? Cheat on their spouse? I've never really seen you raise those issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies