Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you more for Gun Rights or for Gun Reform?
Gun Rights 150 64.94%
Gun Reform 69 29.87%
Other 12 5.19%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 07:32 PM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Plenty of states made millions of people felons overnight, and amazingly, none of those newly minted felons dared to make even a fart. So I think it went extremely well for the left.
Ha

Not really. We have really good lawyers in our gun groups. Calguns, NRA, some smaller fringe and we figured out easy ways around these stupid laws.

Featureless
Mag locks
fin grips
80%ers

So easy a cave man could do it. The best part was they announced these here "work rounds" about 30 min after idiot Brown announced all of his new gun laws. It was amazing. We are setting the path for all other oppressive States by making these draconian gun laws simply symbolic.

The left is dancing a thin line and this house of cards will come crashing down. There are already two laws that have been blocked to be heard by the courts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2019, 07:36 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,675,979 times
Other.
It is very simple, really. Citizens have the right to own firearms and other weapons.
However, there is a responsibility for those citizens to do so safely.
There is a responsibility for citizens to store, handle and transport their weapons in a safe manner, and to insure the safety of those around them.

This is where gun reform needs to be applied.
If you cannot be responsible for your weapons you do not deserve to have them.

Old 12-16-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Other.
It is very simple, really. Citizens have the right to own firearms and other weapons.
However, there is a responsibility for those citizens to do so safely.
There is a responsibility for citizens to store, handle and transport their weapons in a safe manner, and to insure the safety of those around them.

This is where gun reform needs to be applied.
If you cannot be responsible for your weapons you do not deserve to have them.
Victim blaming someone robbed of their weapons? Leave it up the the police whether or not it was "secured". The most worthless home protection is a gun locked in a safe.

Just a minute Mr. Rapist I need to locate the numbers to my gun safe. It's around here somewhere. We are already at the saturation point of gun laws for those already law abiding. Criminals don't care AND it's already illegal to:
A. ROB
B. MURDER
C. shoot inside city limits
D. brandish
E. felon to own

We don't need any more stupid layers of laws upon existing laws.

Old 12-16-2019, 07:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
It does NOT say.
Quote:
Try to form a Militia training in domestic tactical warfare and the Police State that has suppressed the Free State will incarcerate you, The privilege of citizens 21 years of age who are non-felons and mentally sane may keep but never bear the small arms the government allows, this may be altered when feelings and government are threatened.
Yet, that is actually what the laws on the books, changed it to.

Old 12-16-2019, 07:50 PM

15,066 posts, read 8,627,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Because there are so many millions of guns in the public control it is impossible to band them because most people will not just turn in their guns. The main question is to not keep people from having their guns BUT TO ELIMINATE THEIR ABILITY TO CARRY THEM OUT INTO THE PUBLIC STREETS, that can be done with new laws which are over due. problem solved
Nonsense. Only law abiding citizens obey the laws, not criminals. So your solution would simply make criminals safer, and place law abiding citizens in greater danger.

When a bad guy enters the scene with a gun, we’re a lot safer if there are a few good guys there with guns to confront the threat.

Old 12-16-2019, 07:53 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,797,242 times
Quote:
I am on the right.

Yes, it has gone extremely well for the leftists. That’s just a fact and that’s why the leftists keep pushing forward.

It emboldens the left.
I know you are, I gotcha, but I'm saying that the vast majority of the populace is flipping the bird to the lefty gun grabbers.......the next step is if they decide to push it and go door-to-door and grab the guns......then we'll see what happens. Some people will fold, some won't.

WW3...

Old 12-16-2019, 07:56 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Are you more for Gun Rights or for Gun Reform?

And for further discussion, do you think as we go into the 2020s America will drift more towards gun rights or gun reform depending on who's President?

The only reform I'm interested in is the reform of a small increasingly insane group of intolerant people trying to impose their insanity on EVERYONE!

Old 12-16-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
I know you are, I gotcha, but I'm saying that the vast majority of the populace is flipping the bird to the lefty gun grabbers.......the next step is if they decide to push it and go door-to-door and grab the guns......then we'll see what happens. Some people will fold, some won't.

WW3...
The courts are knocking down these laws one at a time now that SCOTUS is right leaning. The constitution and gun rights are safe for twenty to forty years.

Old 12-16-2019, 08:16 PM

29,454 posts, read 14,635,166 times
Quote:
Plenty of states made millions of people felons overnight, and amazingly, none of those newly minted felons dared to make even a fart. So I think it went extremely well for the left.
Really ? If they are indeed felons now, they didn't turn in whatever it was that was banned. So what was the goal, banning certain things or making felons out of the law abiding ?

Old 12-16-2019, 08:30 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,559,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Really ? If they are indeed felons now, they didn't turn in whatever it was that was banned. So what was the goal, banning certain things or making felons out of the law abiding ?
Yes, really.

How many politicians were voted out due to anti gun right legislation? That number is close to ZERO.
How many gun laws have be reverted? Again, close to ZERO.
How many gun laws have been ruled unconstitutional? Maybe 1?

All of us need to wake up. The majority of us won’t do anything to stop the leftists - not protest, not even to vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies