Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 12:00 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,405,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Only gay men and men who are celibate won't grab a woman by......

Yes, there are those men afraid to do so, we call them virgins. They are the ones taking flowers to strip clubs.
This is going to be a hard post to walk back from ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2019, 06:28 AM

5,768 posts, read 3,204,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Reference please.

Thanks in advance Pedro.

I don't think I've ever seen Pedro back up anything with documentation.

Old 12-18-2019, 06:32 AM

19,969 posts, read 8,876,470 times
Priests never tell you who to vote for around election time. They just tell you to vote against those who support abortion.

Old 12-18-2019, 07:23 AM

45,347 posts, read 26,931,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
A Psalm of David

Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
  • He that walks uprightly, and works righteousness, and speaks the truth in his heart.
  • He that backbites not with his tongue, nor does evil to his neighbor, nor takes up a reproach against his neighbor.
  • In whose eyes a vile person is despised, But he honors those who fear the Lord. He who swears to his own hurt and does not change.
  • He who does not put out his money at usury, Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things shall never be moved.
Psalm 15: 1-5
Since you are posting verses, and I want to make sure this is accurate... today - salvation is about faith in Christ.

I understand what you are trying to do with the verses - but real Christians understand that Trump and all other human beings aren't worthy to be worshiped. So the article in the OP is about nothing.

Old 12-18-2019, 09:08 AM

14,465 posts, read 11,233,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/15/o...sultPosition=8

Obviously the Evangelicals have a much looser standard for sainthood than other groups. The Catholic Church has a somewhat higher standard which includes being a "servant of God", having a life of "heroic virtue", and a some other criteria where Trump falls short.

It never ceases to amaze me when I see the nonsense that comes from the golden buckle of the bible belt. While the Catholic Church has it's problems, I thank God that my Church doesn't change its positions with each election cycle.

The remainder of the Article talks of the "War on Christmas" and Trumps acknowledgement of its existence. While this may be exaggerated for the purpose of mobilizing Christians to vote, it is something that those who would attack the holiday would be wise to avoid. Evangelical Christians, Roman Catholics, and the Protestants of Northern Europe all remember with great joy even before we could say Christmas, Noel, Natale, or Navidad.
Sainting Trump pales in comparison to what the modern American Left would want to do with him. Suffice it to say that it would involve a lot of heat, the tearing of flesh from the body lasting for eternity, and some fella named Beelzebub.

Old 12-18-2019, 09:33 AM

10,057 posts, read 6,357,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Sainting Trump pales in comparison to what the modern American Left would want to do with him. Suffice it to say that it would involve a lot of heat, the tearing of flesh from the body lasting for eternity, and some fella named Beelzebub.
If those consequences should happen to Trump, they won't be due to the "Left", but to his own actions during his life if hell and Satan exist as described above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies