Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 10:57 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
But it DOES! The corrupt left has been chipping away at the foundation for decades and he is exposing and stopping them...and they hate him for it! They have attacked his every breath.

What is so upsetting to you is here we finally have a leader who punches back. You don't like that!

The left are bullies...they think they are strong because most don't fight back. When someone does, they point their finger and cry bully to the one that stood up to them. Playing the victim, of course!
I'm not upset at all. I think Trump is a baby who can't take criticism. I think it's embarrassing. All our presidents have just sucked it up and moved on. Trump takes it personally because he's so insecure. It's pathetic for a leader to act like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2019, 10:58 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,543,563 times
It'll be a moral victory if the Senate gets a majority vote to impeach. That would require a couple of switch-over votes from the Republican side. But it would at least send a message. I'm not optimistic that will happen though.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:00 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm not upset at all. I think Trump is a baby who can't take criticism. I think it's embarrassing. All our presidents have just sucked it up and moved on. Trump takes it personally because he's so insecure. It's pathetic for a leader to act like this.
I agree...if I were you, I'd be embarrassed by him too! He's destroying your destruction. he's exposing your evil.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I agree...if I were you, I'd be embarrassed by him too! He's destroying your destruction. he's exposing your evil.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Trump is not your god nor is he religious.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Trump is not your god nor is he religious.
True! But he is doing the good work...Like Jehu, an imperfect man.

God set him to clean up not because he was necessarily right WITH God, but rather right FOR God to use.

There are many figures in the bible that were not the most worthy, all had flaws...but they were perfect for the job at hand.

This is something about good and God that the evil left will never understand! Trumps flaws are what gives him the tools he needs to overcome the evil that is surrounding and attacking him daily.

This is why you lefties are so frustrated and desperate...you would've collapsed someone like Romney or just about anyone else YOU think is a better person morally by now.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
True! But he is doing the good work...Like Jehu, an imperfect man.

God set him to clean up not because he was necessarily right WITH God, but rather right FOR God to use.

There are many figures in the bible that were not the most worthy, all had flaws...but they were perfect for the job at hand.

This is something about good and God that the evil left will never understand! Trumps flaws are what gives him the tools he needs to overcome the evil that is surrounding and attacking him daily.

This is why you lefties are so frustrated and desperate...you would've collapsed someone like Romney or just about anyone else YOU think is a better person morally by now.
God did not send him. Anyone who thinks that is not a true christian because you are worshiping a false God. I am catholic and believe in God. Some of you are just making a mockery out of God though.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
God did not send him. Anyone who thinks that is not a true christian because you are worshiping a false God. I am catholic and believe in God. Some of you are just making a mockery out of God though.
I'm not worshiping anyone as a God...and I wouldn't keep throwing around the Catholic bit too much, if I were you. First, I was raised Catholic and saw it for what it was...and left. Second, those you claim to support (YOUR Gods) are evil, murderous, corrupt and deviant.

The Jehu reference was just that...a REFERENCE to when God used imperfect figures to implement his will.

With Jehu...God picked a warrior who was quite rough around the edges to clean up.

Trump is rough around the edges, but he's draining the swamp...THAT is why we support him despite his flaws. It's not that we don't see his flaws...just that we see the bigger picture.

I'd rather have a crass man fighting for me than a polite man standing by watching me die.

Last edited by USMC1984; 12-17-2019 at 12:33 AM..

Old 12-16-2019, 11:41 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The very rich are mostly Liberals.
yeah it's quite bizarre that the rich Leftists are profiting immensely from Trump policies and yet they hate him. Also many poor that aren't profiting from his policies that love him.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:52 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,377,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
On Wednesday it is expected that the House of Representatives will pass the Articles of Impeachment that were recommended by the Judiciary Committee. The first is Abuse of Power and the second is Obstruction of Congress.

The trial according to McConnell will take place in January and Charles Schumer is already maneuvering to have a say in the content of the trial. I don't think that Schumer will have much sway since McConnell will be taking his queues from the White House. I will be very surprised if the Republicans do little more than go through the motions of a trial and then vote to acquit along party lines. Of course Susan Collins of Maine will agonize a bit saying "oh I don't know" and then vote with the majority so that her family keep their jobs. This is all expected.

What really irks me here is that Trump is going to claim complete vindication in spite of his instructions to his cabinet to stonewall the House subpoenas for witnesses and documentation. What really irks me here is that Trump is going to claim complete vindication even though the facts overwhelmingly support a threat to Zelensky if Zelensky didn't announce a investigation into the Bidens. One would hope that the President would humble himself to the incredible complexity of the presidency, but I don't expect that.

What I do expect is a more polarized America wrestling with the problems created by an increasing void between the very rich and everyone else.

God help America.
Why wouldn't he claim vindication - nothing will have been proven, the facts show that Zelensky was not threatened - the transcripts and both people involved agree on that point and testimony of others was only opinion that it was.

Why is this a polarization of the rich vs poor issue - I don't see it.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:55 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The left, and the media have attacked Trump non-stop since the day he announced his candidacy. No person in human history has ever faced this level of coordinated attack from politicians, and the media, not ever.

Almost all "attacks" are from the left, accept some responsibility for this, and change your ways, and we will see a much more civility.

You're forgetting all the Never-Trumpers who opposed him until he was nominated and then meekly fell into line, to keep the Republicans going a little bit longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies