Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 05:54 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Interesting because my husband is in real estate land development -- sales are slow-- hope things pick up.
What part of the country ? Here in MI, we've seen land that had the roads put in, lot pre work done, ready to build on that had been sitting for years is now active with homes going up. Commercial construction is up, and our friend that is a realtor has nothing but great things to say about the industry at the moment, other than the typical holiday slow down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2019, 06:12 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Nicole Wallace and his guest makes a good point about Trump and his tweets here. If Trump had a filter, stopped tweeting ugly remarks about Nancy Pelosi, Greta Thunberg and others, those who hate him for such things would not have a leg to stand on. It's not the fake illness of TDS. If we want our president to be a decent person regardless of politics

https://twitter.com/DeadlineWH/statu...07435123204096

Old 12-17-2019, 06:17 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Trump is being kind blaming it on her bad false teeth instead of her drinking problem. 80 year olds should lay off the sauce.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:19 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump is being kind blaming it on her bad false teeth instead of her drinking problem. 80 year olds should lay off the sauce.
Projecting Trump's problems onto other's again.

That's what 6 year old mentalities do.

Old 12-17-2019, 07:07 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Trump doing wonders for the economy: Homebuilder Confidence Jumps To Highest Level In 20 Years, And Yet ...

It is amazing to me that Trump supporters want to completely ignore the malfeasance of this president. The general public does not, and they are not so easily bought off.

If he was ever a decent man, his approval ratings would reflect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Nicole Wallace and his guest makes a good point about Trump and his tweets here. If Trump had a filter, stopped tweeting ugly remarks about Nancy Pelosi, Greta Thunberg and others, those who hate him for such things would not have a leg to stand on. It's not the fake illness of TDS. If we want our president to be a decent person regardless of politics ...
Quite so.

Decent American patriots appreciate a decent American president.

Old 12-17-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Trump doing wonders for the economy: Homebuilder Confidence Jumps To Highest Level In 20 Years, And Yet ...

It is amazing to me that Trump supporters want to completely ignore the malfeasance of this president. The general public does not, and they are not so easily bought off.

If he was ever a decent man, his approval ratings would reflect that.

Quite so.

Decent American patriots appreciate a decent American president.
Probably because many of us are still recovering from the mess of '07-'08 and are very pleased with how the country is doing now.
I know this isn't a great comparison, but it's an attempt at an explanation. I work as a design engineer in the automotive industry. We generally work in teams, on programs. In the past 30 years I've worked with many different teams and personalities within those teams. One thing I'd rather have on my team is a person that can get things done regardless of their personality. I'll take a complete ******* to work with that can get the job done vs some polished perfect PC office putz that can talk the talk but has no clue what they are doing.

It isn't a popularity contest.

Old 12-17-2019, 07:36 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Probably because many of us are still recovering from the mess of '07-'08 and are very pleased with how the country is doing now.
I know this isn't a great comparison, but it's an attempt at an explanation. I work as a design engineer in the automotive industry. We generally work in teams, on programs. In the past 30 years I've worked with many different teams and personalities within those teams. One thing I'd rather have on my team is a person that can get things done regardless of their personality. I'll take a complete ******* to work with that can get the job done vs some polished perfect PC office putz that can talk the talk but has no clue what they are doing.

It isn't a popularity contest.
But the president has very little influence over the economy.

That's just a fact.

What matters is what the people with the big bucks want and do. After all, they fund all the important people in Washington DC and they control the economy. And is the economy really that amazing? Compared to the 1960s when wages for the typical working stiff were skyrocketing every year and inequality was low. These days, the next recession will wipe out any median income gains over the past decade and its back to square one again. Thats why the country is so polarized in the first place. Whenever inequality gets out of hand, the movers and shakers of society will increase polarization and distractions to remain in control.

Old 12-17-2019, 07:49 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
The TDS left wants to bring this man down...unbelievable

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/16/home...-20-years.html
So now you are giving Trump credit for Americans having shiny happy feelings? Yay. Aren't Trump supporters the same people who say feelings don't mean anything?

Old 12-17-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
But the president has very little influence over the economy.

That's just a fact.

What matters is what the people with the big bucks want and do. After all, they fund all the important people in Washington DC and they control the economy. And is the economy really that amazing? Compared to the 1960s when wages for the typical working stiff were skyrocketing every year and inequality was low. These days, the next recession will wipe out any median income gains over the past decade and its back to square one again. Thats why the country is so polarized in the first place. Whenever inequality gets out of hand, the movers and shakers of society will increase polarization and distractions to remain in control.
Wait, you can't bring up the 50's-60's, a time when our country was the most prosperous. It was full of hatred, misogyny, and racism.
It is interesting that you say the POTUS has very little influence over the economy, Obama certain got plenty of accolades , didn't he ? Actually even into Trumps presidency. Either way, corporate and consumer confidence has been high, you say it isn't influenced by the president, okay...maybe the climate has influenced this. Regardless, those two things do effect the economy, and as long as confidence is high, things will go well.

Old 12-17-2019, 07:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Obama couldn’t run a Kool Aid stand!
Is it the governments job to run home building? The article clearly explains the reason is severe housing shortage. Of course builders love it when they know the demand is there.

I hope it doesn't lead to another housing bust like it did last time the builders went "all-in".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies