Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2019, 06:00 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
in inverse order ...

the attempt to conceal transcripts? That is news to me. Within days that we heard "a whistleblower says...", the transcript was released. And not one "witness", especially those who literally heard the call, said the transcript was inaccurate.

And there certainly was no quid pro quo in the call (remember when that was the term? Before focus groups showed the Dems "bribe" was better-understood by the sheeple?).

So what you're left with is - surely everybody that needed to know on both sides knew he MEANT "no Javelins until!" because he had said it to our side, and they had told this to certain people on the Ukraine side. We don't have that either, but I suppose the Dems expect that Bolton or the others will testify "Yes, he told us earlier that there'd be no more aid until the Ukraines help me with dirt on Joe Biden." Because nobody "on" the call claims this, and Vonderland specifically says the only time it was raised was Trump telling him directly - I want no quid pro quo

Lastly, you can't really in the first paragraph tell us they're not out to get him, but he started it and so it's perfectly acceptable for them to turn and GET HIM.
It was a summary that was released. The call has been hidden by classifying.

The witnesses who went to the IG heard that attempt to bribe (Quid Pro Quo).

Trump impeached himself.

He thought he could get away with it. Due to the office. Abuse of Office.

Not allowing subpoenas for documents or staff to appear is obstruction of Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2019, 06:01 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
^^^Not only did he decide to not defend himself, he actively prevented his folks from testifying on his behalf!

Trump is a coward who is hiding behind this white supremacist Stephen Miller-written idiotic manifesto of lies.

Fighting back? Please! ...only in the addled minds of Trump’s fans.
so you have factual reason to believe that Stephen Miller wrote this letter?

Old 12-17-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
It was a summary that was released. The call has been hidden by classifying.

The witnesses who went to the IG heard that attempt to bribe (Quid Pro Quo).

Trump impeached himself.

He thought he could get away with it. Due to the office. Abuse of Office.

Not allowing subpoenas for documents or staff to appear is obstruction of Congress.
you "don't read links", so clearly you don't have any idea what the transcript said.

Has ANY witness said "What has been released is accurate, but doesn't cover the whole call"? It's entirely possible I missed that

Old 12-17-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:

Trump impeached himself.

PS - I know it's like 6 levels above your comprehension, but no President can impeach themselves.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
PS - I know it's like 6 levels above your comprehension, but no President can impeach themselves.
His repeated actions where his undoing. No one helped him. He can not blame anyone but himself.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ Beat me to it.

although I don’t think he wanted to win in 2016. In addition to the attention, I think he primarily ran to attempt to enhance his brand. I think he wanted to come as close as possible without winning, and then be able to whine for the rest of his life that ‘the system is rigged’. The narcissist in him loves the added attention that has come his way, and he probably also wants to get re-elected to run out the statute of limitations on a few of the potential future charges,

Old 12-17-2019, 06:16 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
His repeated actions where his undoing. No one helped him. He can not blame anyone but himself.
Well then, it should be easy for you to lay out the charges...despite the fact that even the Dem leaders can't seem to find anything!

Old 12-17-2019, 06:28 PM

Obstruction of Congress the easy one. Once he told staff to with hold documents and individuals who were legally subpoenaed, committed Obstruction of Congress.

Abuse of Office- Asked numerous foreign nations to investigate a political rival. Mulvaney said he did. Trump said he did and asked China to do it. Sondland said he did under oath.
Giuliani admitted it again yesterday, Trump knew and wanted an investigation of an American by a foreign nation to help his next election.

Then we can discuss Trump being an un-indicted co-conspirator with his attorney Cohen. Trump should be sharing a cell'
Then we can discuss the last 2 major frauds he committed and was fined for, saved from jail by the office he sits in.
DJT Foundation $2 million fine
Trump U $35 million fine both saved from jail time by being in the office.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:31 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,783 times
Oh yea, what a fighter, tweeting and writing angry letters. He’s definitely at that age bracket though.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Obstruction of Congress the easy one. Once he told staff to with hold documents and individuals who were legally subpoenaed, committed Obstruction of Congress.

Abuse of Office- Asked numerous foreign nations to investigate a political rival. Mulvaney said he did. Trump said he did and asked China to do it. Sondland said he did under oath.
Giuliani admitted it again yesterday, Trump knew and wanted an investigation of an American by a foreign nation to help his next election.

Then we can discuss Trump being an un-indicted co-conspirator with his attorney Cohen. Trump should be sharing a cell'
Then we can discuss the last 2 major frauds he committed and was fined for, saved from jail by the office he sits in.
DJT Foundation $2 million fine
Trump U $35 million fine both saved from jail time by being in the office.
this is what he said?

here is the incendiary statement:

Quote:
The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.
did Biden say he got rid of the prosecutor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies