Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2019, 08:54 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

hahahahahahahahahahahaha. The Democrats can't even get an impeachment right. It's comedy gold.

“It Looks Like the Prosecutors are Getting Cold Feet – This Is Really Comical” – Senate Majority Leader McConnell UNLOADS on Pelosi on her Slap-Dash Impeachment (VIDEO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 08:56 AM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
I'm starting to get respect for Nancy Pelosi. She's quite the wheeler and dealer.

Do you send a trial to a compromised jury? Nope.

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
McConnell will hold a trial. Democrats won’t like the outcome, but Trump has a right to a trial, and McConnell should be given the opportunity to do the right thing.

If Pelosi went along with that nonsense, she’d be complicit in what I see as anti-Trump subterfuge, and she should be above such nonsense as the Speaker. We don’t have the presidency or the Senate, and we should keep in mind as liberals that elections have consequences and live with the Senate’s outcome even if we don’t like it. Trump should have his opportunity in a trial. It’s only right.

I don’t want anything to do with any stupidity that doesn’t see Pelosi sending the Articles over to the Senate. It’s UnAmerican. Do the right thing.
^^Agree with all of that.

Not to mention that the American people would grow very very tired of perpetual impeachment and that could cost the D's votes in the critical 2020 election.

10,055 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL isn't it just sad what a train wreck of a party they've become?

Losing is their new normal.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:00 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Other than questions designed at revealing the identity of the whistleblower, Republicans were free to ask any question they liked.
Except in a trial the defense has the legal right to confront his or her accusers,...including “whistleblowers”.

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I'm starting to get respect for Nancy Pelosi. She's quite the wheeler and dealer.

Do you send a trial to a corrupt jury? Nope.
No question about her wheeling\dealing but if you don't send this to the jury...well just watch what she ends up doing.

She has to currently manage a far-left surge in her party without alienating moderates.

Her big strengths at this point are:

1) People owe her lots of favors from over the years.

2) She is still one of the enormous donation magnets for the party with ties throughout both banking and corporate america. She can unleash holy heck by kneecapping a congressperson financially (looking at you Talib) and then finding a rival to challenge them in the primary and funding them strongly.

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
I’m not sure if anyone mentioned this. Since this whole farce is about the Democrats being sore losers and not accepting the election outcome, could Pelosi be waiting to release this to the senate closer to the election?

In her twisted, addled head, she could think that it will hurt Trump’s chances for re-election. I think it’s going to just going to get people ticked off, if that’s what she’s doing.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:12 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post

Do you send a trial to a compromised jury? Nope.

I have more respect for a cockroach than I do for Nanzi Pelosi.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:19 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Except in a trial the defense has the legal right to confront his or her accusers,...including “whistleblowers”.
The whistleblower wasn't an accuser. He simply alerted the IG to what he heard from others. Nor are the impeachment proceedings a trial.

The whistleblower is no different from a person who sees smoke in the distance and calls 9-1-1 to report that there may be a fire. In trying to determine the cause of the fire, that person's identity is not relevant, especially when there were people and firefighters on scene who can testify what they saw up close.

Of course, even more helpful would be the security footage and testimony people who were standing on site when the fire started. Yet they are being blocked by Trump.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:19 AM

8,335 posts, read 6,419,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
LOL isn't it just sad what a train wreck of a party they've become?

Losing is their new normal.
It's the opposite in California to my great dismay. Local affects me more than national.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies