Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 10:12 AM

59,066 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
What do you think Trump offers Republicans who are in danger of losing their seats to vote against impeachment?
What could he do about it? The voters VOTE how they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 10:20 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What do you think Nancy Pelosi offered the Democrats in Trump carried 31 states not to break ranks? Money for their campaigns? Support in the form of better-known Democrats campaigning for them? Better committee assignments? Support for one of their district projects? Something else?

Can we agree that she must have offered them something because that's what Majority Leaders on both sides do? It would be considered business as usual for them?

Now, I ask you, is that not a really good example of Quid Pro Quo (you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours) or Bribery? The folks on Capitol Hill do this all of the time. I would think Quid Pro Quo is a worse charge than either of the big enough to drive a tractor trailer through 2 charges they are leveling against Trump. So, who oversees them? Let's charge them with an actual crime and let's throw in, over the years, all of the times they have done it.
My views on this subject are actually complicated.

Everyone who reads this forum knows I cannot abide Donald Trump. Nevertheless, I haven't been 100% aboard about impeaching him. I want him beaten in the election in 2020 because anything less will convince his supporters that his removal from office was illegitimate.

What you don't get though is that Trump's actions have actually outraged huge segments of the American people. Asking a foreign government for a personal favor that will allow you a little better shot at beating your opponent in an election and at least purporting to condition that on giving them military aid appropriated by Congress actually outrages many people. So, for many its not a question of "getting something". Its a sincere belief that Trump is a dangerously corrupt president.

I think many of Trump's supports are so brainwashed and duped that they don't get that simple fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies